HasLab Victory Saber

Echowarrior

Citizen
I backed as soon as I could. Here's hoping it not only gets funded, but that we reach a stretch goal or two.

Blot

Citizen
Backed it.

If the real looks as good as this or better, i will be happy.
Hard to say if Hasbro will pick out all the little details that digibash does. The person who made it decided to try that one out when they noticed the a lot of extra greebles weren't just nonsense but instead pulled from things like the vintage box arts.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It feels like a middle ground between the chunky original toys and the sleeker animation. I dig it.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I've already backed this, hopefully it will turn out to be worth the money and it works out about the commander class price point for Star Saber & Victory Leo

The Phazer

Citizen
The hollow undersides of Victory Leo's cannons really bother me at that price point.

Agreed. It's Commander Rodimus scale cheapening out.

I hope it gets fixed, it would be a much better stretch goal than other accessories (as would be filling in the thighs).

I do not *expect* it will be fixed.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is annoying to see on a release that absolutely should not need to cheap out like that, but I would have been happy with a normal retail Commander Victory Saber and this is basically what that would have looked like.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
A normal release would have likely been an $80 Commander Star Saber and a $50 Leader Victory Leo. This is still $50 more than that.

I dunno, I'll wait and see what the later stretch goals are. For $180, I'm gonna have higher expectations than normal mass retail releases.

MrBlud

Citizen
Agreed. It's Commander Rodimus scale cheapening out.

I hope it gets fixed, it would be a much better stretch goal than other accessories (as would be filling in the thighs).

I do not *expect* it will be fixed.
Counterpoint: Literally anything else (including blast effects) would be better stretch goals than “chunks of plastic for when you stare underneath a gun barrel or at a figure’s inner thighs”

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm pretty on the fence about it. There's too many hollow limbs for a premium figure.
bleh.png

That's definitely pretty "bleh" in my opinion

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The trouble is, you just know they would learn the wrong lesson if this fails.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I wasn't going to but I decided to back this. I think it is going to be a great unique set. Hope it gets enough backers and reaches the stretch goals. I've never really took part in a crowd funding thing before.

Manoiki

aka TJMD
Citizen
I think this set looks good and with the love that was put into the WFC Trilogy line, I’m backing this.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Counterpoint: Literally anything else (including blast effects) would be better stretch goals than “chunks of plastic for when you stare underneath a gun barrel or at a figure’s inner thighs”
Personally, blast effects do nothing for me. They go right into the parts bin, to be forgotten about.

MrBlud

Citizen
Personally, blast effects do nothing for me. They go right into the parts bin, to be forgotten about.
Same here but at least they’d be useable for a variety of display purposes instead of ONLY for the underside of a single figures gun.

BOTH would be bad stretch goals but gap fillers would be the worse of the two.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
Backed it.

Hard to say if Hasbro will pick out all the little details that digibash does. The person who made it decided to try that one out when they noticed the a lot of extra greebles weren't just nonsense but instead pulled from things like the vintage box arts.

The HasLab page notes that they're budgeted for 200 deco ops. Given Victory Saber's otherwise quite simplistic colourscheme, I'm struggling to figure out how they could use them all without picking out some extra deal like that.

A normal release would have likely been an $80 Commander Star Saber and a $50 Leader Victory Leo. This is still $50 more than that.

I dunno, I'll wait and see what the later stretch goals are. For $180, I'm gonna have higher expectations than normal mass retail releases.

That's economics of scale in action. The base production run is likely significantly smaller than what a normal run is, so we eat the costs on that. The higher/highest tiers are probably where it evens out, and we get our full $180+ worth out of it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*horrible flashbacks of stickering up the Kabaya kits*

I can imagine how they could hit that number.

Top Bottom