Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sometimes you just get a hankering for making a custom, and you go for it.

Then later on you stumble upon the toy that inspired it, at a price you would've never, ever imagined, and you can't believe your life sometimes.
aFLTvzE.jpg

(Also wow I was way off with the colors)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They don't look too off in that picture.
Hey, thanks for that. In person most of Kingbolt's reds and blues should be brighter (more pure red and not so much with the muted red-brown). It's a reasonably quick project at least!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hey, thanks for that. In person most of Kingbolt's reds and blues should be brighter (more pure red and not so much with the muted red-brown). It's a reasonably quick project at least!
Must be the photography masking the color differences, then.

Enbee

Citizen
Is that the Japanese Rampage?
Nope, it's a variant with a silver face and chest, everything else is the same expected domestic release. It's uncommon enough I can barely even find any other photos online, even the wiki just has a little blurb about it.

Needless to say I was pretty pleased seeing that for similar prices to any other Rampage!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Nope, it's a variant with a silver face and chest, everything else is the same expected domestic release. It's uncommon enough I can barely even find any other photos online, even the wiki just has a little blurb about it.
And it was from a discovery of this variant on this very board (well, the pre-crash version) that that little blurb was written.

Alas, said discovery isn't archived on WayBack.

EDIT: Looking around, I just found that I actually saved the original pic from that thread by having re-posted it at Seibertron:

threerampage_zps2e836198.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Eeyup, that settles it. I still have no idea where they got those colors for Energon Megatron from. People said it was G1 Galvatron's toy colors, but there's clearly no match in those colors.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Maybe it was from a bad photo of a G1 Galvatron toy with screwy colors. Takara's done weirder things.

Top Bottom