Hasbro Brand Team Roundtable Notes

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well typos notwithstanding. They didn't really have a super clear explanation for it because they admitted to now knowing the complete details themselves.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well typos notwithstanding. They didn't really have a super clear explanation for it because they admitted to now knowing the complete details themselves.
The whole Trademark thing itself is interesting. Sometimes Takara uses names that Hasbro can't Trademark, and sometimes Takara has to change a Hasbro name for their own Trademark reasons. Though, usually it involves just adding an "Autobot", "Decepticon", "Cybertron", or "Destron" prefix, depending on the market.

Recent cases of Takara having to use slightly altered versions of Hasbro names would be the Masterpiece line changing "Burn Out" to "Dia Burnout" and "Crosscut" to "Senatorcrosscut".

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
They're being pretty cagey about the Dinobots; seems like someone by now would admit a Dinoking is in the pipeline?

I think we'll see something next year, when more Core class Dinobots have been released or revealed, thou I want the Leader figures done up in G2 colours

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looking more into this Convoy trademark matter, it seems that some company in Japan may have recently trademarked the name so that now even Takara can't use it. Takara hasn't released a Transformers toy with "Convoy" in its name since MP-49 Black Convoy back in July 2020, so if this is the case, then that would explain why they named the MP Lio Convoy black redeco "Dark Amber Leo Prime".

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Honestly, the CW G2 Stunticons scratched that itch for me. (Wish I'd gotten the Aerialbots, too, but only for Powerglide) If Hasbro is going to do G2 designs, I'd rather they did the unreleased Protectobots, all the G2 Dinobots released and unreleased, or a redo on the minibots (and finish out the set like the aforementioned Powerglide).

Shadewing

Citizen
TBH the quickest and easiest way for them to make money back on the Legacy Stunticon molds, is to do them in G2 colors. No remolding or anything needed, just straight repaints for a quick second run.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'll be honestly surprised if we get the Leader Class Dinobots all recolored. Maybe POTP molds or the Core Class molds, but 5 leader class toys? Seems very unlikely.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
They're being pretty cagey about the Dinobots; seems like someone by now would admit a Dinoking is in the pipeline?
Maybe they can't at the moment, here's the answer they gave TFU.

And questions asking for specific characters always feel like a waste of time (I myself have done that at panels), as an example.

But maybe people don't realize.
If enough people are asking for a specific character that tells Hasbro or any company there's interest.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll be honestly surprised if we get the Leader Class Dinobots all recolored. Maybe POTP molds or the Core Class molds, but 5 leader class toys? Seems very unlikely.

Honestly, I'd prefer that. I couldn't justify paying for 5 more leader class molds in G2 colors, but I would absolutely buy the Core Class a second (actually probably 3rd time counting Dinoking) or a reasonably priced Combiner Wars set.

Top Bottom