Disney animation and related media

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
Oh my God, their looks. Camila's grey streak. They've been stuck there a while. This is going to emotionally destroy me, and I'm here for it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I am looking forward to these 3 Owl House specials. I just wonder how far apart they're going to air. A month in between specials? One per quarter or so?

We've got some new covers for the Gargoyles comic, too.

unnamed-51.jpg

unnamed-39-1.jpg

unnamed-40-1.jpg

unnamed-41-1.jpg

unnamed-42-1.jpg

You might also notice that Brooklyn looks a little different in some of these covers...
My guess is that this new comic series DOES take place after the SLG comic run. There, Brooklyn gets this armor, loses a eye, but gains a little family of his own after travelling through time with the Phoenix Gate for decades off screen.

This is NOT confirmed yet, but...this is what he looks like by the end of the SLG comic.
260px-BrooklynPostTimeDancer.jpg

So...here's hoping Dynamite plans to re-release the SLG trades. SLG only released the last 4 issues of the Gargoyles comic in the second trade paperback collection. There are NO single issue floppies floating around out there. So, otherwise, people are going to have a hard time hunting the trades down after so long.

Last edited:

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Me, about to unfold that tag: Oh hey, Trish Forstner—the artist behind Stray Dogs who also did some My Little Pony covers back in the day—said she'd been tapped to do a Gargoyles cover recently. I wonder if one of these is it. And whether I'll be able to tell which one.

Me, after reaching the bottom of the list: ...Oh

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I am looking forward to these 3 Owl House specials. I just wonder how far apart they're going to air. A month in between specials? One per quarter or so?

We've got some new covers for the Gargoyles comic, too.

unnamed-51.jpg

unnamed-39-1.jpg

unnamed-40-1.jpg

unnamed-41-1.jpg

unnamed-42-1.jpg

You might also notice that Brooklyn looks a little different in some of these covers...
My guess is that this new comic series DOES take place after the SLG comic run. There, Brooklyn gets this armor, loses a eye, but gains a little family of his own after travelling through time with the Phoenix Gate for decades off screen.

This is NOT confirmed yet, but...this is what he looks like by the end of the SLG comic.
260px-BrooklynPostTimeDancer.jpg

So...here's hoping Dynamite plans to re-release the SLG trades. SLG only released the last 4 issues of the Gargoyles comic in the second trade paperback collection. There are NO single issue floppies floating around out there. So, otherwise, people are going to have a hard time hunting the trades down after so long.
The other two specials will be next year.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
In continuing Gargoyles comic news, Greg Weisman confirms that the SLG comics are canon to the new Dynamite comic.

Dynamite better reprint those stories ASAP, they're probably to hardest to find Gargoyles media...and that's saying something! Disney doesn't always make it easy to track the show down.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I was really happy Disney has put the whole first Owl House 3 episode up on Youtube. Thought I'd have to wait till D+ got it.

-ZacWilliam, awesome special. Wish it could have been a whole half season storyline honestly.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Agreed. I told my bro as we were watching it that this easily could have been 5 whole episodes at least with all the stuff that got montage'd over.

I didn't get the joke woth Gus calling somethings a car. I think Hunter did too.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh, hey, they STILL shrunk the artwork in the credits on the youtube version of the episode. Great. Can we get the credits at full size somewhere, maybe?

The youtube version of the episode:

Comments:
Honestly, I'm good with just getting a montage with all the characters learning about the human world. We just did that with Amphibia. Sure, not with THESE characters, but it would have been pretty similar, really. And I think this got across everything it needed to. I'm okay with this version.

I'm glad we got our one minute or so of truly GREAT animation during the battle. I wonder how many times we'll get to see that in the next two episodes?

I can't believe how brutal they were with Flapjack. I'm surprised that scene made it in. Surprisingly, "bloody".

Luz's palisman still hasn't hatched. Given the snake stuff we saw in the episode, I'm guessing it's a snake? Probably named Pajamas? And...since she didn't have time to bring it along WITH her, I guess the palisman will probably be a last minute deus ex machina in the last episode? Somehow allowing a portal to allow Luz a way to and from the Human world at will? I'm sure Vee will take good care of the egg, she seems like a good egg herself.

I'm surprised we didn't get a single shot of the Isles as a teaser for the next episode. I want to know what havoc has been wrecked in the past 6 months (or however long it's been)

But, yeah, good episode. The wait for the next episode sometime next year will be painful.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Just saw it.

Holy cow, why did the fight have to end that way.

Did seem slow at the start. Would have been nice if it was weeks and not months.

Yeah, I don't get the cars joke. I KNOW there was a giraffe reference before but I forget where at.

There's a fan artist who kept doing strips of the kids adjusting to human life and it was awesome. I forget the name tho.

So when is the next special?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Just saw it.

Holy cow, why did the fight have to end that way.

Did seem slow at the start. Would have been nice if it was weeks and not months.

Yeah, I don't get the cars joke. I KNOW there was a giraffe reference before but I forget where at.

There's a fan artist who kept doing strips of the kids adjusting to human life and it was awesome. I forget the name tho.

So when is the next special?
Next special is January. The giraffes were said to be from the demon realm originally.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I think the cars joke is just a "that's not how that works" thing. They probably don't fully understand what "cars" are, so they think you can just go out and buy some like groceries. Kind of like how the mother thinks the kids drink blood (because of the Apple Blood drink on the Isles)? They don't understand each other's cultures.

And, I guess the giraffes are mentioned literally in the first episode.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Moringmark?

(Sadly, the strips are all in random order.)
Yes! That's the one! Totally fills the void of what could have been if there were more eps!

Though I'm not sold on shipping Willow and Hunter. And why is Vee having lesbian tendencies too?

(Btw, she had an AWESOME short part in the ep! Would that she did more of that! Vee is very cool and I hope she gets a good ending, wherever she stays.)

January?!? Too faaaaaar!

Top Bottom