Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
The long-dragged-on fifth film installment in the Indiana Jones franchise wrapped up principal photography earlier this year. It was previously set for 19 July 2019 and is currently scheduled for theatrical release 30 June 2023.

More recently, legendary composer John Williams has indicated he will finally retire from film work after this one.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Indiana Jones and the Rehab of the Busted Hip.

"In MY day, we didn't have this namby-pamby carbon dating! We had to count tree rings! WITHOUT TREES! You grad students have it so easy-"
"We still don't have air conditioning, or decent pay, or-"
"Darn, it Lara, you know what I...what were we talking about?"
"The economy."
"Oh, yeah, the economy SUCKS!-"

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I maintain to this day that if Crystal Skull didn't have the Indiana Jones name attached to it, it would have been regarded as a somewhat cheesy, but enjoyable adventure movie.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hasbro snagged the Indy license for a second go. They revealed the first batch of stuff today at Pulsecon. The obviously didn’t show the potentially interesting and fun “World of Adventure”. The kid style described as being a parallel product similar to Star Wars Mission Fleet. We’re already getting a “melting Toht“ head, who knows what kind of disturbingly weird, yet cute, things might end up in that segment!
We’ll also get the Adventure Series (Legends/Black type line) and the Adventures of IJ series which is the Kenner retro stuff

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Build-a-Figure Ark of the Covenant.

I get it, but Jesus I swear there was a Bible story about something like this.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I really like the Ark, but not enough to buy five $25 figures for. I have seen every movie ever made for the franchise, but I don't honestly remember very many characters NAMES other than Indiana Jones himself.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I really like the Ark, but not enough to buy five $25 figures for. I have seen every movie ever made for the franchise, but I don't honestly remember very many characters NAMES other than Indiana Jones himself.
That’s the main issue with the entire franchise in terms of merchandising. People have seen them, generally like them…but aren’t invested into the franchise enough to want more than Indy and maybe a couple of side characters. I’m already seeing pegs full of Marion, Sallah and Belloc choking off this line at the first wave. I think Hasbro should have included the Cairo look (to compliment Mario and Sallah) in the Ark wave and simply offered the jacket look in its own assortment. The melting face probably saves Toht because SO MANY are going to want him just for the melting face bit.

Other forums are brainstorming waves for the other films, and I’m over here thinking “Shoot, they’ll be LUCKY to get anything else besides an Indy 5 wave”. As is, I’m expecting a LOT of side characters and probably even other film characters to be left to retail exclusivity in some fashion.

Cybersnark

Citizen
The way to really capitalize on an Indy toyline would be playsets (full of booby-traps and hidden doors) and vehicles (with breakaway panels and battle adventure damage).

Just go full retro and make it the 80s toyline we never had. Maybe even re-use some old period-appropriate G.I. Joe molds.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The way to really capitalize on an Indy toyline would be playsets (full of booby-traps and hidden doors) and vehicles (with breakaway panels and battle adventure damage).

Just go full retro and make it the 80s toyline we never had. Maybe even re-use some old period-appropriate G.I. Joe molds.

And/or plan ahead with alternate tooling that would let you reissue said playsets and vehicles for GI Joe. (I assume you're talking the 3-3/4" line) If Hasbro continues the o-ring retro figures, they're going to need some extras for the line eventually. Or should, at least.

Ryougabot

Citizen

5606046.jpeg

Steevy Maximus

Citizen

Silly billy, Hasbro doesn't make kids toys anymore. It's all about them boomer bucks!

(J/K... maybe?)

Top Bottom