Citizen
animated spacebridge in the teaser art!

lotta cool new legacy reveals! but no girls T-T
might have to appropriate one of these new junkions

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Art analysis:
From L to R on the top: I see an Animated Space bridge, Breakdown (Legacy Series 1 refugee), Armada Optimus Prime, Laser Prime below a Quintesson cruiser and the Nemesis cruiser.
Below that:Leo Prime, Needlenose, Initial Impression was Tarn....but there's more going on there. Maybe some sort of Fallen/Megatronus interpretation? Looks new, which is surprising. Then Hot Shot with a Junkion shield.
Along the bottom: Crosscut, Dinobots, Insecticon horde
And the Junkions are featured along the bottom, I see the new guy, a couple of Wreck-Gars, and the car looks like a pre-tool for Lockdown.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Thoughts:

1) Core Dinobots are fine. I might want them. For Skar if nothing else. But what I REALLY want from them are Dinoking, or even better MONSTRUCTOR.

2) Poster - Lots of awesome stuff. Especially all 4 Deluxe Insecticons are on there. C'mon Venom.

3) Junkion gimmick is AWESOME. I won't lie from the leaks I was hoping there'd be more Pretenders and less Junkions this coming year but this gimmick and the creation of new Junkion characters that you can go nuts mixing and matching is just too awesome. Can't wait till they can show us more of them and really go nuts with the gimmick.

4) Everyone else. They all look great. Just great. They all would looks awesome to own . I don't have a single bad thing to say about any of them and my praise for all of them is about the same: Absolutely Great Sculpts, cool gimmicks.

-ZacWilliam, can't wait to see more at NYCC maybe.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Hmmm....the Magic section revealed a "non-Shattered Glass" Slicer...which looks EXACTLY like Armada Wheeljack, minus sporting the classic Wheeljack head.

A tease, perhaps?
The fact that they felt they needed to invent a "G1" Slicer (but didn't do the same with Flamewar, who's in exactly the same "getting released in their regular deco as their SG self" boat) seems like confirmation that Hasbro now views "regular" Slicer as having been an SG guy all along.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Finally, a Tarn toy that actually transforms! (Time to make sure I actually cancelled that Super 7 one.)

Dinobots look terrible, but they combine. 🤷‍♂️
Will we ever get G2 repaints? Feels like we've gotten eleventy millions versions of Grimlock and co. yet they're always grey.

Mix-and-match Junkions headlined by a brand new design is amazing!

xE7hUlq.jpg

Oh hey, I can have a Deluxe Chop Shop to go with my Legends Chop Shop and his buddy Targetmaster Chop Shop!

The way the packaging hides the toys limbs is weird. Anti-theft measure, sure, but might as well make it a closed box at that point.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I repeat ALL 4 Deluxe Insecticons in the package mural. Yes Please?

Also, if we get through a year of mix and matchable Junkions without Rum-Maj I will be miffed.

-ZacWilliam, I'd also take a Nancy but Rum is cooler.
Well, we DID just get Ransack via the Creatures Collide set. Maybe he was planned for a Selects release or something and got bumped to an exclusive?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So far my wants:
First off, the obvious, Alpha Trion & Orion Pax, mainly for Alpha Trion
The Junkon, being a weaponizer makes him even more intersting, thou does anyone else think his head looks a lot like Impactor's alterative head scuplt?
Hot Shot, looks desent
Tarn, he looks AWESOME, hopefully the best in the line
Breakdown, so that I can complete Mensor
SG Soundwave, with minions
Lio Convoy, thou, I got to ask "WTF were they thinking when they desgined the head scuplt for the lion mode?" Its just plain weird!

Unsure about getting: core class Dinobots

I care not for the trading cards, Needlenose or whatever the guy with target masters is called, he not on my wish list, he not screaming buy me!

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Anyway, I like what I see. Skipping Breakdown since I've skipped all the other Stunticons, and probably Needlenose since the Club version already suits my Noseleneeds (though it was hinted that he has some as-yet-unrevealed gimmick that might change my mind). Everything else is bought.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Oh man, so much good stuff!

The Core Dinobots look adorable, Slash will be so happy her brothers will be the same size as her, oh but they combine!? She'll still be happy. (Come on Hasbro, make a new or reissue Potp Slash)

Needlenose looks fantastic, not sure what else to say but I'm looking forward to what other jets they're coming up with.

Scraphook looks good, gotta say a Junkion was the last thing to cross my mind.

Tarn! Holy cow he looks great, oooh bad timing for Super 7 to be making theirs so close, but that comes with Nickel which I think is a selling point for a lot of people.

Leo Prime looks great, I can't wait to pose him with Primal.

The Hall of Fame results, they thought Blitzwing would win? Why? I feel like we've seen enough of him I'm glad Lugnut won, I voted for Sari and wrote in for Slipstream, I wonder where they placed.

Top Bottom