Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
41jbRxOcxYL._AC_SY580_.jpg

The pose on that picture is shockingly close to the regular SS86 stock photo. Photoshop job?

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I figure Shadowstrip means we'll get G2 repaints of all the Stunticons, which is kinda disappointing as they're not very interesting IMO (aside from Breakdown who is awesome). I definitely would've liked to see them try for something more out there, even if it was a stretch like Turbomasters or "Masquerade" Autobots or something.

Toy color Hot Rod is also an easy pass. I wouldn't mind the toy recolors if it meant we got other subtle stuff like comics recolors. Where's my red helmet Ratchet and purple Soundwave, dangit!?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Toy Repaints are an easy way to keep the characters on the shelves without packaging refreshes; people are gonna complain either way but at least toy colors is something 'new'.

Also with Crasher and Shadowstrip, we don't really need Dark Rod, and I don't think they many would want Crystal Rod.

There's always Sideburn. Hot Rod wears that deco well, it would be distinct from both his previous release and other Velocitron figures in wave 2, and it would mesh well with the Scourge release on wave 1.

Shadewing

Citizen
I figure Shadowstrip means we'll get G2 repaints of all the Stunticons, which is kinda disappointing as they're not very interesting IMO (aside from Breakdown who is awesome). I definitely would've liked to see them try for something more out there, even if it was a stretch like Turbomasters or "Masquerade" Autobots or something.

Toy color Hot Rod is also an easy pass. I wouldn't mind the toy recolors if it meant we got other subtle stuff like comics recolors. Where's my red helmet Ratchet and purple Soundwave, dangit!?

I wouldn't completely count those out, as we do have 'Comics Universe' Impactor. We could see other 'Comic Universe' characters.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd absolutely want both of those. But I am just one buyer, and half a world away.
I want Dark Rod, even if they make him SG Hot Rod; I just don't think Speedia 500 needs a 3rd Black Car in wave 2. Crystal Rod is still a no, for me becuase that guy's gonna be fragile as hell in a few years if released.

Shadewing

Citizen
There's always Sideburn. Hot Rod wears that deco well, it would be distinct from both his previous release and other Velocitron figures in wave 2, and it would mesh well with the Scourge release on wave 1.
I'd kinda forgotten about Sideburn, but I wonder if Arcee, Bulkhead, and Knockout haven't made them gunshy about making a character that doesn't look like the original toy.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen

I'd love a Sideburn.

Character's a lot of fun and the color scheme is pretty.

-ZacWilliam, of course it'd make me want Prowl and XBrawn too...

Echowarrior

Citizen
I can kinda justify getting Shadowstrip. Crasher's a maybe-leaning-towards-yes for me.

That all in mind, I feel like if Hasbro's going to repaint one Stunticon, they have to repaint all of them.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'd love a Sideburn.

Character's a lot of fun and the color scheme is pretty.

-ZacWilliam, of course it'd make me want Prowl and XBrawn too...
I mean…they DO have a Lamborghini police mold. And Brawn isn’t EXCEPTIONALLY far off from Skids’ alt mode…

Shadewing

Citizen
I mean…they DO have a Lamborghini police mold. And Brawn isn’t EXCEPTIONALLY far off from Skids’ alt mode…

I think the only way to really do Prowl and make him not look like Clampdown, would be to do him in his Super Colors. Which I think look better anyways...

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
If I was doing the RiD Car Bros, I’d probably leave Sideburn his first version (second is too much like Hot Rod), while the other two’s Super iterations offer more distinct visual looks compared to other characters.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If I was doing the RiD Car Bros, I’d probably leave Sideburn his first version (second is too much like Hot Rod), while the other two’s Super iterations offer more distinct visual looks compared to other characters.
IDK, I think X-Brawn's silver and green is a pretty distinctive look. Super version is more or less just SUV Wheeljack. Super RiD Prowl is better, though.

MrBlud

Citizen
Seconded.

It’s infuriating because he’s definitely magenta. Both in the film itself and on the animation cells themselves. There is no arguing the accuracy of that color. You can throw up a bunch of bullshit about how you “remember it” or the fact you’ve never released a magenta one. That just means you’ve been ******* up for almost three decades and continuing to do so since that raft of weak excuses caused him to be the wrong color (over the designers objections!) again in Studio Series.

Shadewing

Citizen
IDK, I think X-Brawn's silver and green is a pretty distinctive look. Super version is more or less just SUV Wheeljack. Super RiD Prowl is better, though.

Yeah, Super Side Burn is just Hot Rod, and Super X-Brawn is just Wheeljack; I remember back during that era even repurposing him as Wheeljack.

Though, "blue-and-white police car" is basically Rescue Bot Chase's deco nowadays.

Two things: 1. Chase is a regular police car, so just like how Prowl, Clampdown, and Cordon can exist and have the same deco; so could Chase and RiD Prowl. 2. Until we get Rescue Bot homages in Legacy, I don't think we need to worry about them.

The Phazer

Citizen
Toy Repaints are an easy way to keep the characters on the shelves without packaging refreshes; people are gonna complain either way but at least toy colors is something 'new'.

Also with Crasher and Shadowstrip, we don't really need Dark Rod, and I don't think they many would want Crystal Rod.

I think more people would have been in to Magenta Rod tbh. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do a blue version as Sideburn given the nature of the line but there you go.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
View attachment 9375

The pose on that picture is shockingly close to the regular SS86 stock photo. Photoshop job?
Yeah, that other image was shopped from someone's "86 toy deco" set of digibashes. I don't have time to go find it again right now, but if it helps it had the three 86 cars, Arcee(in that orange and pink deco), Legends/TR Wheelie(with a solid painted windshield), Springer, Wreck Gar, and Magnus on it.

Top Bottom