Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m kinda shocked they put 2 similar looking race cars painted up almost (from a parent POV buying for a child) in the same wave.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Wow, a Stunticon repaint before Menasor is even fully released, you're too slow Breakdown.

Also wow, a toy being found in a store without any prior announcement, nothing from Hasbro, nothing I can find from the leakers, it feels refreshing but also kinda weird.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Also wow, a toy being found in a store without any prior announcement, nothing from Hasbro, nothing I can find from the leakers, it feels refreshing but also kinda weird.
It was in the leaked listings. People just assumed that it was Shadowstriker instead.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Honestly, I'm kinda happy the leak was "wrong" Things like Toy Fest, Bot Con, SDCC, NYCC....looked forward to those every year to see the new products coming out. These leak lists really make them less interesting. Even the Hasbro web shows are showing product we usually already know about. I miss the not knowing.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
On the other hand, back in the 80s you had the checklist catalogs with every release for the year on them and you could open them up and drool over all the possibilities... but there's too much product and last minute changes for that to work nowadays.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I’m hoping they keep with the “almost the same name but not quite” for the rest of the Stunticons.

That way we’ll be able to enjoy his friends

Movormaster
Deadbend
Breakfrown
Mildrider

Mildrider is Wildrider's elderly grandmother.

Shadewing

Citizen
I’m hoping they keep with the “almost the same name but not quite” for the rest of the Stunticons.

That way we’ll be able to enjoy his friends

Movormaster
Deadbend
Breakfrown
Mildrider

except Its not Dratstrip, its Shadowstrip; so the 'one letter off' doesn't really make sense even as a joke.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, those all sound like Kirkland-brand Stunticons.

They could all be "Shadow":

Shadowmaster
Shadowend (or Deadshadow)
Shadowdown
Shadowrider

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, those all sound like Kirkland-brand Stunticons.

They could all be "Shadow":

Shadowmaster
Shadowend (or Deadshadow)
Shadowdown
Shadowrider

If they're based on their colors; I think something like:

FlameEnd
AmberRider
Cobaltmaster
Beryldown - My favorite, becuase it sounds like 'barrel' so Barrel Down sounds like he's mowing down pedistrians or something.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
On the other hand, back in the 80s you had the checklist catalogs with every release for the year on them and you could open them up and drool over all the possibilities... but there's too much product and last minute changes for that to work nowadays.

That's not why that doesn't work anymore, Nowadays stores give toy product much shorter lifespans. In the 80s the same toys would be out for at least a whole year, and could be released for several years in a row.

Nowadays stores demand new exciting different products on shelves every 3 months. In this environment 1/2 to 3/4 of the toys in a yearly catalogue would be unavailable at any given time, either not out yet or long since gone from stores.

-ZacWilliam, a bad advertisement and bad PR leading to complaining kids and parents.

MrBlud

Citizen
Possible look at the toyetic Velocitron Hot Rod

BB113386-7F81-4D0F-9162-164F1CE20033.jpeg

I don’t hate it

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Depends on if those are painted deco or stickers. Hot Rod is on the “short list” of characters I’m an easy mark for (like VW Bumblebees, or Grimlocks, or Starscreams).
That said, while I think it looks okay, I really wish they had been a little more creative with their options. Then again, most of the obvious options might have conflicted with the deluxe vehicle also sharing a lot of black/dark colors in their deco.

Shadewing

Citizen
Toy Repaints are an easy way to keep the characters on the shelves without packaging refreshes; people are gonna complain either way but at least toy colors is something 'new'.

Also with Crasher and Shadowstrip, we don't really need Dark Rod, and I don't think they many would want Crystal Rod.

Top Bottom