She-Hulk Disney+ Series

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, I was watching the family dinner and thinking, "Hey, dad looks kinda familiar," so I looked up the cast list. Cousin Larry!

I can't recall Jen's family really coming up in any recent comics, but a lot of her modern support structure is made up of people who she's had decades to slowly accrue and many of whom might be tied up in other projects (like Patsy Walker or members of the FF). Her father in the comics, IIRC, was a cop who was one of her nemeses in the original run. I suppose her dad could still be a cop here, just not one who thinks She-Hulk is a menace.

---Dave

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Yeah, I was watching the family dinner and thinking, "Hey, dad looks kinda familiar," so I looked up the cast list. Cousin Larry!

I can't recall Jen's family really coming up in any recent comics, but a lot of her modern support structure is made up of people who she's had decades to slowly accrue and many of whom might be tied up in other projects (like Patsy Walker or members of the FF). Her father in the comics, IIRC, was a cop who was one of her nemeses in the original run. I suppose her dad could still be a cop here, just not one who thinks She-Hulk is a menace.

---Dave
I yelled (in my best Balki voice), "Cousin Larry" as soon as I saw him.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Holy curd! I had to recheck. It IS?!?!?
Balki Bartokomous (spelling) would make a decent Leader, if they don't get the original actor from the Hulk movie.

Tim Blake Nelson would sign on for a mall opening. I'm sure if they want to bring him in as the Leader, he'll be up for it.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
I'd almost rather see him just do a cameo as a cousin of Morris Walters visiting from another country. There's comedy gold in there if the writers dig deep enough.

MrBlud

Citizen
A little heavy on Megan Thee Stallion. Overall enjoyable though.

Guess he does have a bunch of deluded Women and it’s not the Thunderbolts. Or a fakeout. I wonder if Contessa might be the Boss. Or perhaps it’s another Asgardians connection.

Turning The Wrecking Crew into a bunch of lame CW network dressed losers is just too perfect. Exactly as much respect as they deserve.

Gridlock

Citizen
Considering the Wrecking Crew tried to get her blood, maybe that's how they will get more buff, like in the comics?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Episode 3 was a lot of fun. I've really been liking the show a lot. We get a good hint at an ongoing plot too. I'd love it to be longer. But I'm also liking what we're getting.

-ZacWilliam, it's just fun.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's been good for the most part. I agree with the sentiment about the CW treatment of the wrecking crew. I'm happy to see they're continuing to lean into the comic universe aspects of day to day events without it being cringe. For the most part.. There's a couple things I could have probably done without.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
I didn't have much to say about episode 2 and really.. not much to say about episode 3. Its just.. stupid. It just like really dumb. It talks about being a courtroom show but the courtroom stuff is so shallow it makes phoenix wright look like 12 angry men. Somehow her being She Hulk actually makes the show less worth watching? Which is amazing? But the she hulk stuff is so... light as well? And just kinda tacked on? But it takes up time they could have been using for actual lawyery stuff that it manages to actually be a detriment to the show?

The show just kinda keeps jumping between interesting possible courtroom stuff that is completely glossed over, weak super hero stuff that might as well not have been filmed, and the most uninteresting paper thin misogynistic characters.

And yet I'm still enjoying watching it more than Kenobi

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finally saw ep3. Yeah, it was a ton of fun. Streeeetched it a bit with the multiple brides but, other than that, I love how Abomination turned out. Hope it works out for him.

(Unless they Thunderbolt him? Is that where this is going?)

Luuuve the new crew at the end. The guy on the left just waved his head around, hahaha.

I'm going to assume that Leader is behind the shenanigans cuz I don't know any She-Hulk villains. There wasn't that much in the Dan Slott series.

Oh Pug actor isn't ... a dopey lug-y enough. He's too cleaned up. Maybe he's not in love with Jennifer this time around.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd love it if they finally got back to The Leader, since that's the one plot thread from the MCU Hulk movie that hasn't been followed up on yet.

Dvandom

Citizen
She-Hulk has tended to have forgettable and/or goofy villains, like Turner D. Century. A LOT of the Scourge of the Underworld victims came from her original comic. Her main recurring antagonist in the original run was her father, who was with law enforcement and was basically her version of General Ross. The Byrne-started book used a lot of existing villains, but kept to the goofy (Dr. Bong, Xemnu, Spragg, etc). To the extent She-Hulk has a serious recurring nemesis, it's Titania (whose whole deal is different in the show). I read a lot of the Slott book that's the source of Holloway et al, and frankly I don't recall any villains from it other than Titania (and her boyfriend Absorbing Man).

---Dave

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
...they got exactly the level of respect they deserve.

...I'd love to see Luke Cage eventually end up with the crowbar like in Bendis's New Avengers run.

My wife, son and I have been enjoying it on a weekly basis. Feels the most TV show-y of the Disney+ releases thanks to the 22-min runtimes, but the quality has been consistent for me.

Top Bottom