Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Actually, they've both gone up against literal demons. They're probably rather evenly matched.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm talking Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, not Street Fighter. Though I wouldn't count Leo out in a fight with the latter either.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Hmm, I'd say that depends on which version of Leo. Also Leo is a teenager in most media so who knows how strong he could get when he's an adult.

Meanwhile Ryu Hayabusa needs to slice candles and whatnot to stock up on magic cuz so he can use his ninja skills, haha

Caldwin

Citizen
Armageddon Game Opening Moves #2 is out today. Like the first issue, it's mostly just Shredder and Kitsune doing recon. But the art is definitely better than the main comic at this point.

It looks like the next issue should start the game storyline proper.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
He comes with a comic? There's Lore?

Anyway, they could repaint him purple and give him space tech and release him as Al Negator from Bucky O'Hare.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The press and influencers have gotten review codes for the Cowabunga Collection. Reviews are glowing! Not just for the solid ports, but improvements made to the original games. Play the original NES game without slowdown and flicker! Play others in "god mode".
Each game features an INCREDIBLY well done strategy guide in the style of Nintendo Power, there is even a "watch" feature to watch someone expertly play the game...in which you can jump back in at any point and resume play!

For the super fans and collectors, there appears to be a TREASURE TROVE of material in terms of old concept work, style guides, printed ads (including private industry type stuff).

The only negatives I've seen come up are that TMNT4 isn't online enabled (the arcade version is), the comic and TV sections are just covers and stills (no complete comics or cartoon episodes at all), and all references to Pizza Hut have been pulled (which shouldn't be surprising).

I've got this on preorder. I'm not usually concerned about getting a physical copy of a game compilation...but this one seems ESPECIALLY well done and there seems to be a lot of excitement building for it.

Shadewing

Citizen
Each game features an INCREDIBLY well done strategy guide in the style of Nintendo Power, there is even a "watch" feature to watch someone expertly play the game...in which you can jump back in at any point and resume play!

Introducing: Dam Level Mode - Let the game play that section for you and never worry about it again.

Caldwin

Citizen
17707308-F197-4197-AD55-AFF908B8D511.jpeg

I'd seen this before at Target. But I had no idea who these two were, certainly didn't have any nostalgia for it. But then Shredder's Revenge happened and I decided I'd get this next time I saw it...which I never did. It just disappeared from store shelves...until tonight. For some reaso, it seemed Target had restocked several sets I had seen in a while. Soooo, now I have it.

DFC72AF5-9FD2-448B-8F0E-E8554E34347B.jpeg

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Introducing: Dam Level Mode - Let the game play that section for you and never worry about it again.
Ya'll are weak :p

I swear watching Matt McMuscles play the first game was painful. Didn't even get to Rocksteady. Lost all his Turtles just before him in the same building.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ya'll are weak :p

I swear watching Matt McMuscles play the first game was painful. Didn't even get to Rocksteady. Lost all his Turtles just before him in the same building.
I'm picking mine up tomorrow, probably, and I'm hoping to get to stream it this weekend.

And if that happens...

a7088aa336fdda4b9d30c0d1c9a17ff3ab05c70b.jpg

Yeah, I know that's not TMNT, but I just love that line so damn much.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I will admit to using the rewind function a few times in the last area before Shredder, but I have gotten there on the NES without it so Nyah.

Top Bottom