Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadewing

Citizen
I definitely get your point, it's just that I don't know if proper is the term I'd use to describe him. He's certainly a Wheelie though, and a transforming one at that.
That is why I feel he is almost certainly the Wheelie they planned for Grimlock, because he doesn't feel like a toy that was designed separately, like other core class toys. He feels more simple, like they were trying as hard as possible to get him under a specific budget.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
That is why I feel he is almost certainly the Wheelie they planned for Grimlock, because he doesn't feel like a toy that was designed separately, like other core class toys. He feels more simple, like they were trying as hard as possible to get him under a specific budget.
Wonder what the actual cost between what we got in-pack and what the core version is. Also, I know he was in the movie, and the team was trying to give us as many characters as possible, but thinking back, Daniel wasn't even in the MOJ scene was he? That one makes even less sense to me now. I'd rather they reuse a Pit of Judgement Quint they already had designed and ready.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Honestly, that Wheelie & Danial figures were useless, I rather that they given the Dinobots their swords, thou with Grimlock, it would of been nice if they done something to cover the holes on the robot mode arms, those figures have gone into a draw to be forgotten!

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Honestly, that Wheelie & Danial figures were useless, I rather that they given the Dinobots their swords, thou with Grimlock, it would of been nice if they done something to cover the holes on the robot mode arms, those figures have gone into a draw to be forgotten!
Oh wow...I haven't opened mine, and probably won't. I didn't realize they didn't have swords either...Damn. Totally agree, that would have been a given for me.
The CW set scratched my itch for new Dinobots.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Oh wow...I haven't opened mine, and probably won't. I didn't realize they didn't have swords either...Damn. Totally agree, that would have been a given for me.
The CW set scratched my itch for new Dinobots.

None of the studio series 86 Dinobots come with swords, just their guns, Grimlock & Slag (Slug) come with the useless figure that would be better off as swords, while Sludge doesn't have a figure, just his gun and yet there is a large hole in the bottom of his Dino mode for some reason, but then again, who going to display their Dinobots lying on their backs?

Shadewing

Citizen
Considering the Studio Series is about accuracy to TV/Movies/Maybe Games... Well... the dinobots never seemed to use Swords in any of their appearances in the cartoon.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Considering the Studio Series is about accuracy to TV/Movies/Maybe Games... Well... the dinobots never seemed to use Swords in any of their appearances in the cartoon.
Only Grimlock ever used a sword in the G1 cartoon IIRC. And even then only once, it wasn’t his toy sword’s design and he used it by shooting lasers out the tip.

Last edited:

TriBlurr

Citizen
Snarl is the only Dinobot to use his toy sword. As he was the only one to have it in his animation model sheet. He had no gun in the show though and instead fired energy blasts from his sword.

None of the other Dinobots have swords in thier animation model sheets. Swoop doesn't have any weapons. Only the missiles/bombs on his wings that he only uses in Dino mode

MrBlud

Citizen
Not sure if it’ll be in Legacy but we’re apparently getting a Magnificus (not SG Perceptor going by the tampo)
12042255-BEA5-4697-A42F-52D540501A7F.jpeg
D8B8197D-004A-492F-890C-3006A9D0FBEF.jpeg

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I haven't gotten Wave 2 from Amazon yet, but apparently Skullgrin, Crankcase, and Starscream will be here Monday?

Top Bottom