[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Upon touching the black sphere, Static Signal found that it had a small bit of bounce to the impact while also being slightly sticky.

Upon touching the black sphere, Static Signal found that it had a small bit of bounce to the impact while also being slightly sticky.

When Snowy Skies opened the chest, he found that it only had a single piece of paper in it with a note that said 'PLEASE RETURN TO FLAIRVOYANT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS'. Anchors Away looked it over.
"Looks like this is the point where we head back. I wounder if this thing will wind up being too buoyant to carry underwater but I guess there's only one way to find out. Misty, think you can handle it?"

"Absolutely!" Misty replies, giving an eager salute.

"I was really expecting Brisk Iron to try harder to injure us." Snowy adds dryly. He was also hoping to avoid getting wet again, but he had already known they were going to backtrack. He just hadn't wanted to accept it.

"Sometimes exploration winds up being more about keeping your bearings than traps. And maybe we just missed some traps in that maze of tunnels. Oh well, we still need to get back."

Spoiler

Static tries to calm himself as he stands on the black sphere. "What the...?" Static looks up to see Rhapsody standing on the floor, then looks down to see the ceiling. "Well this is just...not right."

Static takes a sample of the black sphere an then looks to see if there was a way to either dislodge it like Rhapsody suggests or see if there's a seam or crack that could be used to break off a bigger piece or...knowing how this training session has gone...'open up' the meteorite.

Spoiler

Amber shook her head and responded to Maple's request. "I'm sure it will be fine. I'm coming," she said, padding her way to the last platform.

Static Signal scraped off what seemed to be a layer of thick paint. Underneath, the sphere seemed to be bright red. It didn't have any noticeable seams or cracks in it. It also seemed like it was literally sticking to the ceiling.

Once Amber Spark stepped on her platform, her team could hear the sound of squeaky wheels. Slowly, the box was lifted off the pedestal in the center to reveal a small, mint green treasure chest.

Watching intently Maple waited for Night Cap to open the chest... he was making the most adorable face.

Static walked around the sphere until he had leverage between it and the ceiling. He thought about simply trying to dislodge it from the ceiling and letting it fall, but that would mean he'd be falling right along with it if it was the strange source of gravity like he suspected.

Instead he looked for the nearest cavern wall and tried to roll it over and down to the floor.

"It's fake. The paint was chipping off," he yelled down to Rhapsody. "It's not attached to the ceiling. It's just kinda...sticking...to the ceiling. Maybe the two of us can move it together!"

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I think you've almost got it!" Maple calls out in support.

"I can't imagine it could be quite that simple, Mr. Cap," said Amber, idly reaching out with her own magic to prod the chest.

Static walked around the sphere until he had leverage between it and the ceiling. He thought about simply trying to dislodge it from the ceiling and letting it fall, but that would mean he'd be falling right along with it if it was the strange source of gravity like he suspected.

Instead he looked for the nearest cavern wall and tried to roll it over and down to the floor.

"It's fake. The paint was chipping off," he yelled down to Rhapsody. "It's not attached to the ceiling. It's just kinda...sticking...to the ceiling. Maybe the two of us can move it together!"

Spoiler

"If that is what we came for, are we sure my trying to budge it is a good thing? Just look at what happened to the door..."

Amber Spark could feel that the treasure chest was somewhat light, as if it were empty.

"Hey, now! I had half of that door too!" Static said with a grin. For a moment he was caught up in the banter, totally forgetting he should be scared to death of being up so high...and upside down. "Besides, for one thing, this thing looks like it may be sturdier than that rickety busted ol' door. And if it isn't?" Static shrugged. "Ms. Iron never said the 'meteorite' had to be in one piece."

So the chest wasn't attached to its pedestal, but probably didn't contain anything as heavy as a horseshoe.

Amber attempted to simply open the chest in place and gently rotate it to reveal its contents, thinking she'd need to be careful not to let anything slip out.

Amber Spark was able to open the treasure chest easily enough. Slowly, rotating the chest, she heard a sound like a door slamming. Suddenly nets, those most conniving of contraptions, were dropped upon Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack!

Spoiler

"I was kind of surprised that you're a janitor, Snowy," Misty says as they make their way back through the winding tunnels. "Not that being a janitor is a bad thing. Janitors are very important, just like tour guides and secretaries and projectionists and astronomers and... um... smart ponies that write things down on notepads! But you seem like you have lots of skills that janitors don't get much of a chance to use?"

Amber froze as the net descended, but caught herself and looked to the pedestal and the deceptive chest, feeling the not-so-distant cave floor under her hooves, a crackling orb of amber light wrapping around her from below as the net drew down on her from above.

Spoiler

Amber Spark swiftly teleported out of the net's reach and onto the central pedestal. However, as soon as she left the metal platform, she could hear the squeak of moving wheels and the box that had been suspended by her team's weight now dropped on top of her. She was now trapped in a cramped space with her teammates on the outside.

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At first Maple thought he'd done it... but no that was Amber's magic touch on the box. ...

"AH NETS!"
Spoiler

The nets drop on all of them... Maple shuts her eyes and waits to be ensnared so for a moment she doesn't see what happened to the others.

"Is everypony okay?" Maple asks ... opening her eyes to see Night Cap stuck in a net Amber stuck in the treasure trap, and her own net laying limp on the ground around her... the weaving being big enough that the ropes had entirely missed her.

Seeing no other choice at the moment Maple does all the prep work she can... scooping up the net and leaving her pack on the pressure plate might be enough to keep it depressed just long enough for her to be out of the way if it turned out that all 3 had individual traps... there was nothing she could do for Amber by herself... she wasn't a boulder puncher like Rhapsody. - at least she'd never tried it.

Ready for whatever came next, Maple Launched off her spot towards Night Cap

Spoiler

Attempting to use her momentum to aid her low strength, Maple will attempt to use a Wrestling throw to switch places with Night Cap

Spoiler

"Incoming Maple Missile Mr. Night Cap!"

"I was kind of surprised that you're a janitor, Snowy," Misty says as they make their way back through the winding tunnels. "Not that being a janitor is a bad thing. Janitors are very important, just like tour guides and secretaries and projectionists and astronomers and... um... smart ponies that write things down on notepads! But you seem like you have lots of skills that janitors don't get much of a chance to use?"

Snowy raises an eyebrow, appreciating the irony of who was confused by who's job description. "Such as?"

"Hey, now! I had half of that door too!" Static said with a grin. For a moment he was caught up in the banter, totally forgetting he should be scared to death of being up so high...and upside down. "Besides, for one thing, this thing looks like it may be sturdier than that rickety busted ol' door. And if it isn't?" Static shrugged. "Ms. Iron never said the 'meteorite' had to be in one piece."

Rhapsody nods and with a huff she pushes off from the ground to join Static on the ceiling. "Sure, and if Brisk complains, I will inform her that it was your decision." She grins softly and adds her own might to the ball.

Spoiler

"I thought you were team lead!"
Static said, returning the grin.

Amber frowned but began to cast a light from her horn as the box fell around her, then turned her attention back to the chest.

Spoiler

Annoyed at the chest's apparent obscurity, she turned back toward the wooden wall and simply kicked the chest sharply to see if it might change anything.

With their combined strength, Rhapsody and Static Signal pushed the sphere off the spot it was sticking to on the ceiling. It hovered for the briefest moment, then it and Static Signal began to fall!

Maplejack's pint size revealed gallons of strength as she managed to toss Night Cap off of his metal platform. However, Night Cap was still tangled in the net. Meanwhile, the treasure chest Amber Spark kicked made a sad bounce off the wall of the box they were trapped in.

Spoiler

Amber closed her eyes and breathed deep, trying to calm herself before deciding on a next step. Perhaps she'd been too quick to move to claim the apparent prize. It hadn't worked out so well for her comrades.

She picked up the chest in a hoof, looked over the pedestal one last time for any hidden levers or plates, and sat down against the wall. Night Cap and Maplejack would still be waiting outside, probably still trapped in their respective nets. Amber could toss off the box with with a little magical knee grease and convert the nets into decorative throw rugs with a little concentration, but it wouldn't help solve the question of why this room was here. The passage continued beyond this room. The chest could be a decoy, or it could be a receptacle for something the team would later discover. The chest could be a key to a lock, or the room could be a lock waiting for a key.

Amber opened her tool chest and wrote a very brief specimen tag, mentally reciting its designation, PR-01, as she attached the tag to the chest. She set the chest back on its pedestal, and turned her attention to the box wall. Turning back to her tool case, she set about carving or drilling a small hole in the wall between two planks that might allow her to see out into the room where Maple and Night Cap were presumably still trapped.

Spoiler

Snowy raises an eyebrow, appreciating the irony of who was confused by who's job description. "Such as?"

"Well, um, your musical talents? And those illusion-ey things you do... like the lightbulb?" Misty points a wingtip at the empty space above her head. "You could probably be a great performer if you wanted to..."

Hey, Rhapsody! I think it's beginning to budge! Almost too...oh BUUUUUUUUUUCK!" Static reached out for Rhapsody to catch him with a face full of 5% annoyance and 95% sheer terror before he realised he was still tied to her with the rope.

As he dangled there, a look a bemusement replaced to terror. "Don't tell Maple I let that slip out," he pleaded. "This is why earth ponies should stay on the ground."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When Amber Spark looked inside the treasure chest, a single piece of paper in it with a note that said 'PLEASE RETURN TO FLAIRVOYANT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS'. Slowly whittling a hole into a wall of the box she was trapped in, she spotted Maplejack and Night Cap, though the latter was still stuck in his net. She also noticed that a door had closed over the tunnel they came from and that apparently a net was dropped in front of that tunnel opening.

Amber called to Maple, so much as possible, alternating between peering out the hole and shouting in its general direction. "Maple, are you alright?" she asked, then looked around the room again. "Is the passageway ahead closed as well? I'm a bit - hmm - limited of vantage at the present."

Well part one of the plan was a success... Maple was on Night Cap's spot, and he was on the ground and nothing else bad had happened. Amber seemed to have made a hole in her cage and was calling out.

Maple got up and walked over to Amber.

"It seems like the other plates weren't trapped. Are you okay Amber? Do you have enough light in there ...I can give you this one back. Do you have an idea on how I can get you out of there... or we I guess, Once I help Night Cap out of his net?"

"Sorry, what did you ask me? I'm a bit winded... He is not average mare weight."
Maple asked as her breathing went from deep gasps to a more neutral state

"Thank you. Hmm. No, I'm quite alright," said Amber. "I asked ...."

Amber shook her head, peered out the hole at a spot just beyond Maple, and concentrated. Several seconds later, with a flash, she appeared behind Maple and looked over her shoulder, then beyond the pedestal to the open corridor.

"I asked whether the corridor was still open. There was a message in the chest to return to Ms. Voyant for further information. I left a specimen tag on the chest - I can recall it again if we need it. Let's deal with Mr. Cap's immediate problem."

Amber set to work attempting to free the trapped paleoarcheoastronomer.

Spoiler

Amber maybe or maybe doesn't notice Maple watching her teleport... with a bit more of a serious eye then usual.

"I wish I could do that.... but that's only okay in UU matches or handicap matches."

Do ... what? Amber looked at Night Cap. "I did say his immediate problem," she said, sizing up the net.

Amber looked Night Cap's small body over contemplatively as she removed the net. She might indeed have guessed "average mare weight" otherwise.

"We should get going - the chest contained a note instructing us to return to Flairvoyant. Are we ready?" she asked, motioning toward the open corridor with her head.

"Today's adventure didn't give me much of a chance to see your heroic deeds Night Cap... I go to sleep not long after the moon comes up..if I can help it."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maple goes back over the the plate she was originally on and gets her things... before returning to the others

"No, only the note. I left the chest in place, with a spell to recall it if needed. As for our next step after speaking with Ms. Voyant, I'm as bereft of any clue as y-" Amber adjusted her glasses, "hmm, I don't know, either."

"Well, um, your musical talents? And those illusion-ey things you do... like the lightbulb?" Misty points a wingtip at the empty space above her head. "You could probably be a great performer if you wanted to..."

"I am under the impression that that's what I'm doing, right now. The janitorial duties just keep me occupied and close to the keep."

"Oh..." Misty ruminates on this for a moment.

"Aha! I get it now!" she finally exclaims. "You're like a superhero, and being a janitor is like your secret identity!"

"um?" Maple scratches her chin with a hoof... "I don't think it can be."

Amber didn't feel inclined to comment on the geometry of the situation but led the others to the new corridor.

Snowy squints a little, avoiding Misty's gaze as they continue walking. If you replaced Superhero with criminal, that was actually rather accurate. "That's one way to look at it."

Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack followed the new tunnel for two miles. It curved multiple directions and slowly inclined upward. Soon, they came to a natural rock bridge that was broken. The span across it was roughly twenty feet and there was a fifteen foot drop into water.

Spoiler

When sphere fell from the ceiling, it audibly bounced off the ground, leaving a black mark. It continued bouncing until it landed in the side tunnel where Static Signal and Rhapsody could hear it stop.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack followed the new tunnel for two miles. It curved multiple directions and slowly inclined upward. Soon, they came to a natural rock bridge that was broken. The span across it was roughly twenty feet and there was a fifteen foot drop into water.

Spoiler

When sphere fell from the ceiling, it audibly bounced off the ground, leaving a black mark. It continued bouncing until it landed in the side tunnel where Static Signal and Rhapsody could hear it stop.

Spoiler

As the gravity turned back on, Rhapsody was quick to react, spreading her wings and glides to steady herself before darting after Static and grabbing the rope around him, it being much easier when she can move freely.

Spoiler

She lowers him to the ground, and then lands next to him. "Don't worry Maple never needs to know, however I am sure Brisk will require a full report on this mission..."

"Well, just do what works for you. Either way, I'm glad I get the chance to work with you. And you too, Anchors!" Misty says, giving them both a smile.

"I don't really care if Brisk knows I cursed. Heck, I learned 'pony feathers' from her! I just....you know Maple. She's kinda impressionable."

Static walks over to the now stopped sphere. "Okay, I'm curious now. Let's see what this really is." Static starts scraping off as much paint as he can.

"I don't really care if Brisk knows I cursed. Heck, I learned 'pony feathers' from her! I just....you know Maple. She's kinda impressionable."

Static walks over to the now stopped sphere. "Okay, I'm curious now. Let's see what this really is." Static starts scraping off as much paint as he can.

Rhapsody blinks. "Oh, the cursing. I thought you meant the constant panicking over nothing." She states and she wanders up next to Static. "I think its a kickball..."

The area in the tunnel that the sphere had bounced was recessed into the ground. Here Rhapsody and Static Signal discovered two things. First, the sphere was indeed a kickball covered in some sort of paint. Second, where it had stopped wound up next to an indigo treasure chest that was half covered in dirt.

"Panicking over nothing? Easy for a pegasus to say! You can fly. Earth ponies just tend to fall down and go splat."

Static looked over the indigo treasure chest. "Trap?" He hoovers his hoof over the chest, contemplating opening it. "Umm, how about you stand back and save me from whatever happens?"

"Hmm," said Amber. "Maple, do you think you could fly a rope or two over to the other side, so that Night Cap and I can climb across?" She looked at the panting Night Cap and imagined him climbing in this condition. "Or would it be safer for me to wink you across, Mr. Cap?"

"I'm glad too. I hope Brisk Iron sets up a few more of these in the future."
After some more travel, Anchors Away, Misty Monsoon, and Snowy Skies returned to the junction where the three main tunnels split. "Well, looks like we've made it. Now to find Flairvoyant and see if any of the other teams are done yet."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Panicking over nothing? Easy for a pegasus to say! You can fly. Earth ponies just tend to fall down and go splat."

Static looked over the indigo treasure chest. "Trap?" He hoovers his hoof over the chest, contemplating opening it. "Umm, how about you stand back and save me from whatever happens?"

Rhapsody smirks "Clearly, You're just not applying yourself hard enough. I'm a pegasus that can break boulders, that's usually more of an Earth pony thing. Surely you can get over this whole 'falling' issue if you really put your mind to it." Its probably a good thing Night Cap isn't around to hear that 'advice'.

Rhapsody looks over to the box. "I don't think it is, its the same color as our ribbon. Maybe this is really what we are supposed to return with?"

"I could go back for the nets and the ropes from the pulleys ... we could make a makeshift bridge." Maple would have suggested they all go back, but she was starting to suspect Night Cap wasn't acting the part of being horrendously out of shape ... despite how good of shape he loo...

"..or maybe I could fly you over, and Amber can magic herself across."
She added hoping her cheeks hadn't started to match her mane

"You're not like most pegasi I've seen. But aside from those fancy disks Night Cap had, I really don't see how earth ponies are supposed to fly. What's really disturbing is that your not the first pegasus to try to convince me otherwise."

Static shrugged as he opened the chest. Nothing about this trip has been what it seemed. He still suspected a trap. But it might be worth getting caught in it if it meant being able to tell Rhapsody "I told you so."

He opened the chest.

When Static Signal opened the chest, he saw a note that said 'PLEASE RETURN TO FLAIRVOYANT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS'.

"Not at all," said Amber. She concentrated on a safe-looking spot across the bridge and pictured Night Cap standing there. "Mind your gravity," she said, as Night Cap vanished with a pop and reappeared at the other side. Moments later, she followed herself.

Spoiler

"Aww! No trap? That...that's actually disappointing!" He hands the note over to Rhapsody. Reverse course it would seem. Static pawed at the ball. "Want a souvenir?"

Maple was the last over...

"It's kinda a shame they just didn't tell you where the treasure was... could have saved us any trouble at all." Maple chuckled slightly as she moved forward until the ground was wide enough again for the 3 of them.

"Aww! No trap? That...that's actually disappointing!" He hands the note over to Rhapsody. "Reverse course it would seem." Static pawed at the ball. "Want a souvenir?"

Rhapsody looks over the note. "Might as well bring it and the chest, just in case. We probably need to bring 'something' back, and just to be safe both the chest and the 'meteorite' might qualify."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Flairvoyant waved to Anchors Away, Misty Monsoon, and Snowy Skies. "First team back it seems. Alright, let's see what I do from here..." She opened a large envelope and read silently until, "Ahem. 'Congratulations on your success with this training session. Please return your charm bracelet to Flairvoyant and you will be able to select a key. Each key has a corresponding box it opens. The contents of the box are yours to keep. Following that, you are to make a one and ONLY one page report of the. expedition. Afterwards, it is requested that you turn this in to Brisk Iron, otherwise enjoy the rest of the day.' So, I'm guessing that's what that box of boxes was I found. One moment..." Flairvoyant pulled a large box from out of the corner of the room and took the charm bracelet from the ponies in front of her.

Spoiler

"Well, since I hardly want you with your hooves full while trying to carry me while flying down that drop we came up before, guess I'm pack mule."

Static deflates the ball, puts in the chest with the note and uses one of the ropes to tie it to his back.

"Good grief. Good thing Amber lightened my equipment. I think I just made up the loss with this thing. Let's get going. I'm ready to be done with this."

"Let's keep going until we get there... first team or last team -the team part is the reward." Maple smiles back at her friends.

Rhapsody nods to Static. "Unfortunately yes, the less personally burdened I am while flying the easier it will be for me to carry you or others in such a fashion. Unless, you want to take stock in the whole 'putting your mind to overcoming your falling disability'" She grins.

Static laughs in spite of himself. "Nah, that's okay. My mind is still on that whole earth pony fall down go splat thing. Although, I did notice one thing. While I was taking samples of that glowing mettle on the way up and taking samples of the not-meteorite...I wasn't screaming. It wasn't until the gravity failed and I actually started falling that..."

Static shrugged curiously. "I don't know. Wouldn't it just be the craziest thing in the world if you were the one pegasus I trusted enough to fly me?"

Static took a few steps before stopping. "Actually...no it really wouldn't. The problem was never that I didn't trust you. It was just the way that..." [you were treating Night Cap] he decided not to say. "But even that I'm beginning to understand. He is an...odd...sort of fellow. Not sure he lives in reality. Scratch that! I'm down right certain he doesn't quite live in reality."

"Just over the past few days, I really believe he's told me more than he's told anypony before...and I still can't figure him out. I can see why he'd rub some ponies the wrong way."

Maple trots back, Seeing Night Cap still standing where he winked in... "You can lean on me if you need to Night Cap, We can't really ask Amber to Wink you every few meters, if she gets tired out... there's no way I can get you both out of her." Maple extends a wing up on her back... pointing perpendicular to the earth Pony... giving him something to actually lean on other than a puff of mane and open air.

"What do you think I stuffed in this pack in such a hurry?" Maple asked with a bit of a smirk... or maybe it was a big dopey grin, all she could tell was her face was almost as warm as the heat she could feel in her feathers.
"There's enough for both of you, if you want to make some up in a canteen Amber."

"I shouldn't think that this is the best of times to stop. We should be back soon, after all."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Spoiler
Dex roll

"No need for stopping.. Maple Reaches into her pack with her free wing and draws out the little pouch of coffee. ...I mean if you're sure you don't want any and Night Cap doesn't want any water with his."

"You can take as much as you want Night Cap." Maple looked at Amber with her eyes as big and shiny as they could get...

"Could you maybe hold the pouch out in front of him Amber... I'm sure it wouldn't take him very long, but using his hooves might slow us down."

When Snowy Skies opened his box, he found a soft, pumpkin orange feather that fell like a stone when dropped, though it wasn't heavy. Within Misty Monsoon's box was a pair of white porcelain scissors in the shape of a pair of leaping dolphins. Anchors Away sat and looked at her key. "I'll wait for the others to get out before I open mine."

Rhapsody nods some. "I'd say that shows proof of concept, when your not thinking about it, its not an issue. Its just a matter of taking it further." She states.

"Well that is good to know at least." She says with a nod. "On both counts that you actually trust me, and that you sorta see my point of view. Getting back should be less of an issue then getting here at least."

Amber raised an eyebrow but didn't slow her pace. "Miss Jack, really, you're coddling him. I do imagine he'll find some way to manage."

"That was an option?" Snowy says, looking directly at Anchors before turning to leave. He hoped she felt at least a touch guilty. He makes his way up the cavern path to the surface, letting himself in the back entrance to The Keep and making his way to Steel Flint's office. He knocks on the door twice, then twice quickly.

"Actually, given how much we disagreed before, I'm was surprised by how much I found myself agreeing with you in the meeting. It seems we're not without some common viewpoints." Static looks around at the cave. "In fact, this little adventure today has been rather...fun."

"Should be easy enough. Down the hole. I'll be the lightning rod again through the storm...then it's just a straight shot. C'mon. It's been fun, but I'd hate to be the last one's back."

Static moves to get out of there.

Rhapsody nods "Just shows you've got a good pragmatic view of things." She says as she follows Static as they start to make their way back through the cave.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Misty examines the scissors. She's never actually used a pair of scissors before, and is not sure what to do with them. Running with them did not seem like a good idea. Maybe with some dextrous use of her wingtips...

Ah, but there was the report to take care of. "Anyone have a piece of paper?" she asks.

Flairvoyant passed Misty Monsoon a piece of paper. "There you go. Hey, it looks like another team is done." She waved to Rhapsody and Static Signal.

Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack continued along the path for another half mile until they came to a metal square that was large enough for three ponies to stand on. It was suspended over a hole of almost the exact same shape and size by four mint green ropes, one at each corner.

The door opened for Snowy Skies. Steel Flint was sorting through some papers while using her magic to orbit two bowling balls around a golf ball.
"It seems like the training went well. How may I help you?"

"Hiiiii! Welcome back!" Misty waves to the other two before sitting down to write her report.

Static waves back. "Hello, Ms. Flairvoyant, Misty!" His attention settled on Anchors Away with a smile. "Got something for you."

Static went into his pack. Bioluminescent fungi was for the scientific study. Ditto with the funny rock and the glowing metal...except for this piece. He handed it out to Anchors. "I know it doesn't look like much now. But it glows in the dark. It was absolutely beautiful down in the caves. I thought you just had to see it. I got another sample for study. That one's yours. I can get you a charm bracelet or something to attach it to."

With that, he turned to Flairvoyant. "We're supposed to get further instructions from you?"

Rhapsody looks around. "We're not last are we?" She asks, only seeing Misty and Anchors.

"It's hard to believe with how smoothly it's all gone, but we've actually walked quite some distance," said Amber. "It would only take a slight grade up or down to make the difference. I think we'll just have to trust that the tunnel continues in the right direction." Amber stepped onto the plate.

Anchors Away smiled and put the metal in her saddlebag. "I think I may have just the thing for it back home."

"I've got further instructions right here and no, you aren't the last team to finish." She read off the same instructions as the previous team.

When Amber Spark stepped onto the metal plate, it sank much faster than the others. It lowered about four feet until it stopped.

The door opened for Snowy Skies. Steel Flint was sorting through some papers while using her magic to orbit two bowling bals around a golf ball. "It seems like the training went well. How may I help you?"
"We're supposed to write a brief report, but the janitorial department doesn't keep a supply of paper on-hand for all members." Snowy says with a perfectly deadpan expression "May I take a sheet? I only need one."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When Night Cap hopped onto the metal plate, it suddenly dropped ten feet until it slowed to a stop.

Steel Flint seemed surprised but then gave Snowy Skies a sheet of paper.
"Do you need a pencil as well?"

"I keep my own pencils. I suspect that a report written on music staff would not be well-received." Snowy takes a deep breath. He needed to sound humble and serious. "There's something else I'd like to say. It's a bit extensive. Do you mind?"

"Well, 'extensive' makes it sound like feedback so I'm willing to listen."

Snowy takes a slightly shallower breath. He used to be good at humble, but these were strange times, and he didn't really know anymore. "Your skills are practical. Their applications to field work are direct and obvious. Frankly, mine are not." He looks directly into Steel Flint's eyes, trying to convey how conflicted he felt about this. "For the sake of my own survival, I've had to take what abilities I have to the extreme. I've tried to do so without violating my own moral principles. But I like working for The Keep because I think we're doing real good. I think that's why you work here too. So my own opinions will have to take a step back." He instinctively p! auses, hoping to give his next statement weight. "I will not be casting the spell you saw the night of the COIN attack again. As you may have noticed, I am looking into other ways that I can protect myself, while still not violating what I was taught. But that spell will never see the light of day again." I solemnly doubt anyone else can cast it, he adds silently. "As I said, we're here for the same reasons. So I shouldn't have to guard my tongue around you, and you shouldn't have to look at me like I have a bloody dagger for a cutie mark. Can we stop treating each other like tentative enemies and move on to colleagues, if not friends?"

"Are you two on the bottom?"
Maple called down into the hole.

[No more than a single page?] Static thought to himself. [Shouldn't be too hard. I'll be hard pressed to fill the page as it is. Bless you, Night Cap! Can't help but think you had a hoof in that.]

Static looked at the empty sheet of paper. [Right then! Clear the head and start rambling. That usually does the trick!]

Mineral samples obtained: bioluminescent fungus, gelatinous rock, glowing metal and paint covered kick ball.

Obstacles overcome:
Cave Darkness: natural luminous objects and party's usual existence in dark rooms.

Naturally occurring electric storm: Electrically immune earth pony acted as lighting rod to clear path for the pegasus . Personal inquiry as to how you knew about that when even I wasn't sure about it.

High sheer climb: Pegasus adept at flying and tying harnesses. May have even helped earth pony manage acrophobia to an extent.

Reverse gravity chamber: Combined effort to move kick ball resulted in termination of gravity field. Luckily earth pony was still harnessed to pegasus.

Relationship between formerly antagonistic team mates: Respect at the least, could be friends. This team member recommends lots of food, music and table dancing.

Static gives his report a lopsided glance. [Heck with it! It's less than a page.]

Static goes over to see what his key unlocks then turns to Rhapsody. "I never thought I'd say this, but today was actually really fun. You, Amber me and Anchors oughtta do something sometime." He turned his attention to Anchors. "I should go turn this in to Ms. Iron. But I'd certainly love to hear how things with your team went sometime."

He goes to turn his report in to Brisk Iron.

"The lift seems to have stopped. It might require everypony's weight to function again," said Amber.

Maple dangles her light out over the edge as she hears Amber speak...

"Okay... one of these times I'm going to step on first." Maple spread her wings and did a loop in the air like she'd seen Rhapsody and Misty do... and then lowered herself down the edge of the hole... slowly gliding down until she could land

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
When Static Signal opened his box, he found a burlap purse that contained an oversized, wooden sewing needle. Meanwhile, Rhapsody found a small mirror which only reflected inanimate objects. In response to Static Signal, Anchors Away said, "We had to deal with a whole lot of water and a maze. Seemed easy enough for me and Misty but Snowy didn't get to do much."

When Maplejack landed on the metal plate, it descended thirty feet until settling at bottom. Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack looked to find yet another tunnel.

Steel Flint paused in silence. She lowered the two bowling, though the golf ball stayed in the air. After a deep breath, she said,
"Skills...are what we make of them. I don't want to go into detail but I have a...different...issue of survival concerning my skillset. But that's a problem with me, not you. Friends may take work but I do want to move on to colleagues. I see that you've been working hard and it wouldn't be fair to constantly hold you in suspicion. Speaking of work, Brisk Iron mentioned something about adjusting your situation but then that Ocean Bay mare caught up with her and I quietly excused myself."

Amber looked down the new corridor, deadpan. "In a real archeological expedition, I must admit that the prospect of another tunnel would be rather more exciting." With a quiet sigh, she began walking down the corridor, occasionally making an attempt to inspect a bit of wall with her horn glow.

Static gave the wooden needle an odd look. What in Equestria was he supposed to do with this? "Heh! Umm...okay!" He might find a use for the burlap sack in any case.

Static looked back to Anchors and turned back around to give her his attention. "I'd imagine Snowy's heart probably wasn't much into it today anyways. I just hope he wasn't...too...grumpy."

"Oh golly another tunnel... do you still need help Night Cap? Have the beans helped any?" Maple was excited.. more adventuring with two of her favorite ponies! she almost Squeed ...she was beside herself with happiness ..but she was also beside Mr. Night Cap and she didn't want to risk sounding to cute for Adventure side-kicking.

"I don't know if grumpy is the right word. Snowy almost seemed...disappointed maybe? There was this one cavern where the water droplets were creating a musical tone. When we disturbed it, the music stopped. Don't know if that affected him or not. And as said, he didn't get to do much. He seemed okay for most of it, though."

Walking for a bit, Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack came to a bucket with a mint green rope tied to it. With a quick survey, they found they were back near the beginning and that they had just come out of the rightmost tunnel in the junction.

"BUCKET!" "are we going up? or do we try the middle one?" Maple asked.

"Up," said Amber. "The note said to return to Flairvoyant for instructions. You first, Mr. Cap," she said, untying the rope and passing it to him.

"It might not have helped. He takes his music rather seriously. But more than anything..." Static winces. "Probably not my secret to tell. Let's just say I wouldn't blame him for being grumpy. I'd probably be grumpy too if what happened to him happened to me."

Heartbreak over a pretty filly can be a hell of a thing. It was the kind of pain that lingers. In fact, does a pony ever really get over it?

Practically out of nowhere, Static couldn't help but hug Anchors, propriety be damned. "It's not a word that comes to me easily," Static whispered in her ear. "In fact, I don't think I've said it a day in my life. But I...I...love...you."

He backed away a few steps and fidgeted. Too much? A bit over the top? Way over the top? Oh sweet Luna what did he just do!?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Steel Flint paused in silence. She lowered the two bowling, though the golf ball stayed in the air. After a deep breath, she said, "Skills...are what we make of them. I don't want to go into detail but I have a...different...issue of survival concerning my skillset. But that's a problem with me, not you. Friends may take work but I do want to move on to colleagues. I see that you've been working hard and it wouldn't be fair to constantly hold you in suspicion. Speaking of work, Brisk mentioned something about adjusting your situation but then that Ocean Bay mare caught up with her and I quietly excused myself."\\

This was going surprisingly well, though he still suspected that the golf ball could be launched at his head. He was beside himself with curiosity, but Steel Flint had made it clear that now was not the time. "Hm?" Was about the only response he could think of.

"Send the bucket back down when you're out at the top." Maple waits for Night Cap to start pulling himself up.

Amber helped pull the rope as Night Cap worked his way to the surface.

"I hope he has the energy to help pull you or I up Amber... maybe you should go next and I can pull down, from down here and then fly up after." Maple said flexing he forelegs and wings to show how strong she was... Maple was sure Amber saw her Massive Muscles... look there was one right there!

"Yes, that would be very helpful, Ms. Jack," said Amber, climbing into the basket and beginning her ascent. Soon, she flopped over the edge of the "well", rope in her teeth, and clambered onto the surface.

Spoiler
flight check

Maple flies up from straight under the hole without any trouble. self-confidence seems to be doing wonders for her wing muscles, she'll have to remember to thank Rhapsody again.

"Now we just need to get back out to the cool damp air and I can give you these back Amber." Maple shakes her tied frizz about a little bit.

"Go on Amber, if we are the last team done I don't think you should be the last one out. You did more today then I did." Maple *shoo shoo'd* Amber Spark away with her wing tips as she hopped down from the edge of the well.

"I don't think we're being graded individually," said Amber, smiling, then walking beside Maple as they left. "But I can't imagine that we should be the last team to return." Amber remembered for the first time since entering the tunnels that Rhapsody had been paired with Static and idly added, speaking almost to herself, "No, that seems very unlikely."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As they walked Maple and Amber came to the slope where the air changed on their way in...

*FWOOMMOOOSH!* Maple's hair cools and moistens back to it's normal volume and density... Amber's loaned equipment is nowhere to be seen... Shaking her tail eventually one falls to the ground...

Spoiler
Zam and Copper

"I'm sorry Amber... I thought maybe I could grab one of them in time..." Maple is sad and gives Amber a hug when she holds up the one with a wing tip.
Spoiler
Copper and Zam

"Ah, that's quite alright, Maple," said Amber, with a quizzical look, as she headed back to see Flairvoyant.

"There we go, all done." Misty gives her one-page report, complete with an "artistic" portrait of the three team members, to Flairvoyant.

Static Signal didn't get to walk very far as Anchors Away walked up to him. Forelegs around his neck, she looked deep into his eyes and said, "More ponies should say it more often."

Steel Flint paused in silence. She lowered the two bowling, though the golf ball stayed in the air. After a deep breath, she said,
"I don't know if you watch many movies but the director of the Magizoic Mountain series, Ocean Bay, has trapped Brisk in conversation with no escape. Oh well, she'll be done soon enough."

Upon catching sight of Amber Spark, Night Cap, and Maplejack, Flairvoyant waved to them.
"Good to see everypony accounted for."

Static wasn't sure what to say...or even if he should say anything. So instead he said nothing and instead accepted the hug.

It wasn't long before he heard the commotion behind him and turned to see what was going on. "Oh, hey! Amber, Night, Maplejack! You all have fun? Hey Amber, I already mentioned to Rhapsody..." he half turned to Anchors as well, "and I should ask you as well...maybe the four of us go somewhere sometime? You know, kinda like a double date?"

Maple's eyes light up hearing Static's idea... she knows the perfect place they could go... but she doesn't say anything- just in case Rhapsody wanted to keep that a privet thing for her and Amber.

Instead turning to the waving Flairvoyant Maple says. "oh yes it was a lot of fun... I got to stretch all four legs and fly a little bit and the Elevators were loads of fun and I even got to practice a move on Night Cap... I may look into moving up a weight class for some matches."

"Hiiiii! Welcome back!" Misty smiles and waves to Maplejack's team.

"Hi Misty! how was your adventure? ... I hope you and I get to have one some day." Maple says, as she hears Misty before Flairvoyant says anything.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"It was pretty fun! How was yours?"

"There was a bucket ride down a well and a bunch of elevators ..and just down the tunnel a little ways it gets really warm and dry and my hair went all Frizzy and I tripped and fell on my nose.. teehee I couldn't see anything but hair... Amber is Really nice and really smart and Night Cap pretend to need my help so I could get to be a real life adventure Side-kick ... for a little bit ...And we found a cute blanket!"

Maple decided to stop and breathe.

"What was your quest like? did you find a blanket too?"

"Well, we went through some water, and then some more water, and then we found a room that was really pretty so we stopped to eat lunch! Then we went through a really twisty tunnel but Snowy made sure we didn't get lost in there. Then we found a treasure chest and Snowy used his magic to grab it for us and we brought it all the way back. Snowy's a really cool pony, I got to talk with him a lot about stuff!"

Misty looks around. "Did you find your treasure chest too? I think you get a special reward for finding it!"

"Speaking of rewards, turn in your charm bracelets and each of you gets a key."

Maple hops up and down excited and gives her charm necklace back.
"It was fun getting all gussied up, but I think I'm more of a shiny belt kind of girl."

Snowy had been hoping for more information on the ethereal nature of a 'situation adjustment,' but he could wait. "I had a feeling that might happen." He nods, lifting his sheet of paper. "Well, whenever you can find each other, you know where to find me."

Snowy is rather hard to see in the employee break room. He's seated at the sole table in the room, across from the door, but his entire frame is blocked from view by his open viola case, the source of his pencils as he scribbles away at the report.

...Traversing terrain was, succinctly, simple...

...dangerous deathraps were intensely imaginary...

...Misty Monsoon is extremely enthusiastic...

...Anchors Away is a level leader...Morosely missing objective perspective on effective corrective directives when completing defective objectives.

He pauses, rereads the line, then leaves a note in the margin.
I don't know how good she'll be in a crisis.

Eventually he signs it:
Sincerely,
Snowy Skies

Spoiler

Rhapsody smiles to Amber. "I am glad to see you finally made it out of there. I hope that you didn't have too hard of a time with everything?" She asks glancing to Night Cap. "I was starting to get worried with how long you all were taking."

Having forgotten almost entirely about the bracelet, Amber unclipped her own and passed it to Flairvoyant. She couldn't immediately think of anything to say to being last, but she was visibly disappointed.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Disappointed as she still felt, Amber smiled to see Rhapsody and trotted up to her. "Everything did seem to go quite smoothly. Miss Jack was particularly helpful," she said, glancing in Maple's direction.

Amber turned to Misty. "Were we meant to bring the chest along?" Amber asked, then, to no one, "PR-01". With the usual crackle and flash, the mint-green chest appeared in front of Amber.

"Ooooh that's always the coolest thing!" Maple watches intently as the magical glow fades from around Amber's horn.

Flairvoyant smiled as the mint green chest suddenly appeared. "A spell like that must be pretty nifty to have. But yeah, you gotta bring back the chest since it would be like having to bring back the actual artifact in a real expedition. Alright, pick your keys." When Amber Spark opened her box, she found a rose carved from beige pumice. Maplejack found a dark blue piece of flint. It struck the inside of her box but instead of producing a spark, it produced a drop of water. Night Cap found a crystal orb. There were cloudy skies inside that rapidly clear to sunshine as if it were replicating the previous day's weather.

"OH MY GOSH! A WETSTONE!" Maple was stunned...

"I...wow." After her exclamation and the following mumble of disbelief, she was completely shocked speechless and just stood looking at it.

Amber frowned and then quickly smiled at Maple's outburst, then looked over her own - prize? She hadn't expected any of this. She took a closer look at the rose, turning it over.

"Oh, those all look very neat!" Misty comments.

Amber frowned and then quickly smiled at Maple's outburst, then looked over her own - prize? She hadn't expected any of this. She took a closer look at the rose, turning it over.

Rhapsody hehs softly looking to Amber's reward. "Seems better then mine, some kinda gag mirror." She says showing the mirror that doesn't reflect anything but inanimate objects.

"Oh, how strange," said Amber, looking into the mirror, then holding the pumice rose up to the mirror, then behind her own head. "I suppose it might be of use if Tyberious swallows something", she said, frowning at the thought of the poor little creature choking on some bit of shiny something he'd mistaken for food.

Static doesn't want to say anything. He's equally puzzled about his oversized wooden sewing needle and burlap purse. But what the heck! They were now his needle and purse sack.

The burlap sack at least had some utilitarian value to it. The needle? Maaaaaybe he could use it to decorate...or something...maybe?

"I don't know. It is kind of unusual. But...maybe this is still part of the training exercise? Like...maybe she's given us a puzzle to figure out with these things...like they go together to do something or something something?" Static sighs with a shrug.

Maple strikes a tiny spark of water at Static

teeheheehe

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I got a pair of scissors. I don't know what they do, though." Misty holds up her dolphin scissors with one of her wings.

Static gives a deadpan look at Maple. "Really?"

Maple grins and looks adorable
Spoiler

Static rolls his eyes and playfully bops her nose. "Nerf herder!" He turns back to Flairvoyant. "Soooooo, challenges complete, everyone alive, rewards given out...now what?"

"Of course you get paid, though it'll probably be on your paycheck. Well, if nopony has anything else, let's head back and find Brisk Iron." Anchors Away opened her box to find a clear marble. She tilted her head to look at it but it didn't seem to be anything remarkable at immediate glance. She placed in her saddlebag, then turned to Rhapsody. "I don't think the mirror is supposed to be a gag. I figure there's some use for it. Just...I have no clue what."

"If somepony was pretending to be a statue you would know because you couldn't see them." Maple rubbed her chin deep in thought.

Static watches as Anchors puts away her marble.

"I don't know. I mean, am I thinking too much into it? I just don't see why she would give us such seemingly random things if she didn't have a plan for it."

Static shrugs it away. "Well, my report's all written up and ready to hand in...so I guess I'm ready if everypony else is."

"WE GET TO DO REPORTS !?!'"

"One page only and...umm...never mind. Looks like you got it covered."

After completing the last few reports, the STOMP team headed back to the Keep. Seeking out Brisk Iron, they soon found her with Ocean Bay. Snowy Skies also walked onto the sceen to see to see his teammates. Brisk Iron turned to address them. "Welcome back. We'll talk shortly, just a little...preoccupied right now." "Would you be willing to take a break?"

Walking towards them was none other than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna! What manner of unexpected surprise does the royal sisterhood have in store for the STOMP team? Tune in next time folks for more of the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour!

*static crackle*

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*static crackle*
"Oh no! How are we supposed to get out of this catastrophe this time?"
"Don't worry. I've got some aluminum foil, three sticks of butter, and a wrench. I got this."

*static crackle*

Good evening folks! Hope you all enjoyed that stunning drama because now it's time for another exciting Saturday night with the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour! This week we once again bring you to the exciting escapades of the Explorers of STOMP!

Previously, the Specialized Team for Obtaining Museum Pieces engaged in a set of training expeditions in order to build tea! m unity. Returning to give their reports, they stumbled upon none other than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Seemingly flustered, Brisk Iron immediately bowed then stood back up.
"Princess Celestia! Princess Luna! This was unexpected." "We aren't in town long so we decided to stop by. We'll only be here a few minutes since the guard doesn't know we slipped out but there was something I was needing to see."

Static immediately bowed to the princesses, something that actually surprised even him. He never really respected authority much. And he certainly had no use for politics.

Sure there were Brisk Iron , Tangerine Sands and Ready Quill. But they were different. They had earned his respect.

And sure he had a love for Luna. But that really had nothing to do with her standing as princess. In fact, before he began to see her as a symbol for redemption...the princesses names had been little more to him than a swear word.

But there he was, bowing...before Luna...THE...Luna...and her sister.

Probably better off that way. When it came to Luna, he doubt anything he tried to say would be intelligible. He was geeking out as it was.

Maple remained quiet and bowed so low she ended up just laying down and putting her chin on the ground. Wings holding as tight to her sides as her Eyelids were holding shut. She could only just barely feel herself trembling.

Amber followed suit with the others - working through the initial shock that Princess Celestia was here, and had even brought Princess Luna with her, dipping into a bow as quickly as she could work through it, then turning her attention to Ms. Iron, curious to see what Princess Celestia's request might be.

The Eternal Sun was standing before him. He had never expected this to happen. It wasn't every day you got to meet one of your heroes.

And Luna was there as well, he supposed. Static was probably thrilled.

Snowy bowed sharply, lightly touching his muzzle to the floor and murmuring "Your Majesties." Before straightening back up, eyes sharp.

Misty's mouth gapes. She is utterly blown away, barely believing her eyes. She hides her face in her wings wait no don't do that follows her teammates' lead and bows respectfully to the princesses.

Rhapsody blinks at the sight of Luna. Being the the presence of both Princesses was amazing... but for her... with her family history... to be in the presence of Princess Luna... It was massive. More so them being dumbstruck at Ocean Bay's presence this morning... This had suddenly just become the best day of her life. She bows graciously to the monarchs, though she still keeps more her attention on the princess of the night...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ocean Bay and Sea Bay also bowed to the princesses. Ocean Bay began to speak but was cut off. "The answer is still no. I will say that your special effects keep getting each movie. Speaking of movies, that's why I'm here. I believe restoration is now complete?" "Oh? Oh yes, it is. Follow me to the theater. Static, could you get the reel and set it up?"

Spoiler

Static's head snapped up with a big grin ear to ear. He hadn't had a chance to see the film since it had been restored. He was dying to see it himself. "Yes ma'am. Right this way, Your Majesties!"

[Hey wait! Knowing Rhapsody's love of Luna, she might want to see this too.]

Static turned back, not sure whether to address the princesses or Ms. Iron...so he looked ambigously between the three of them. "If it would be okay, I think Rhapsody would love to see this too."

[You may want something more convincing than 'because she'd love to see it'.]

"Especially since she's decided to help Night Cap and I with the documentary."

Wouldn't it be awesome if she could actually watch it with Luna? She'd be ecstatic!

"I expected everypony standing here to see it, Bay and Bay included. I see no reason to leave anypony out."

Maple oughtta love that! Still, the more the merrier. "Oh! Even better." Static leads the way to the theater.

Maple managed to get to her feet as everypony else was invited to come along .... please don't take us past the statues Static.... please don't take us past the statues. Were the only thoughts in her head as Static began to lead them away. A smile played across her face as a memory of posters flashed in her minds eye...the wax figures would certainly be in storage by now waiting on the new set up... THANK GOODNESS FOR THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT... after bellowing with joy in her own head ..Maple's thoughts calmed and she turned her big happy eyes up to the Princesses.

[SOMETHING MISSING]

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static's ears perk at Luna's "he works here?" bit. His curiosity couldn't help but make him take a brief look back. He had a sneaking suspicion who she was talking about...and he was right.

STOMP really was an interesting...mix. Static decided to stay silent and hopefully see what exactly the princess had to say about Night Cap.

Filing this all away for later.

Snowy can't help but snort. Not inclined to accept an interview, indeed. "Everypony needs a day job."

Maple's coat bristles down her back... she likely just heard her wrong, the moon princess' princess voice ... it must be that, she'd heard about that.
All the things she wanted to say and do ran through her head...

Maple clenched her teeth and remained quiet

Static really was trying to resist any snarky comments, but with Snowy's comment, he could hardly resist.

"Dare I even ask how you've met...our...dreamwalker?" Trying to sound as kind and pleasant as possible.

He was pretty sure Night Cap mentioned meeting her before. But the details were...lacking. In any case, he'd love to hear Luna's perspective of the matter.

Rhapsody looks from Princess Luna to Night Cap and back again, it kinda looks like there might be justification for her suspicion if even the Princesses aren't fond of him... She remains silent, becuase she still really can;'t find the words to say anything as she watches to see what will happen.

Amber bit back her nervousness and took an unconscious half-step forward. "Despite appearances, majesties, he has proven to be quite unexpectedly useful", Amber said, something of a note of relative awe in her voice.

Ocean Bay's eyes went wide. "REALLY! A dreamwalker sounds all sorts of exciting. Seeing far off lands and fighting monsters sounds like the stuff of movies. Think about it...nightmare dinosaurs." Sea Bay hastily scribbled some notes. Princess Luna frowned some more but then replied to Static Signal. "I've encountered Night Cap a few times in the realm of dreams. Sometimes it's been false ala! rms and other times it's been through encounters with his form of 'help'. His unconventional methods are concerning but there have been times where having others out there is a good thing since I can't be everywhere. 'Unexpectedly useful' probably is the best description for him. I wonder if this is an end result of the small one being here. I believe your name is Maplejack? I encountered some restlessness in your dreams recently but got called away to a more pressing nightmare elsewhere." Just then, everypony arrived at the museum theater. It was unoccupied due to being between showings and whoever was assigned to it was apparently on break.

Static raised an eyebrow at Maplejack. "You've been visited too? Some ponies have all the luck." He looked back to Luna. "Umm...never mind I said that." His ears flop down as he sees they made it to their destination. "Aww! I'd love to hear more, but it seems we're here."

He guides everypony through the door before going next door to the projection booth.

"I will have to take your word on that your Majesty... I try not to remember my dreams." Maple just shrugs at Static.

Top Bottom