Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
I wish DK-3 had a more different name than 'Breaker', but it will have to do.

So what could this line get among possibly also fewer slots in 2023?

Skids - red Skids? Crosscut? Reboost?
Trailbreaker - yellow Trailbreaker?
Hoist - blue Hoist?
Tracks - Loudpedal?
Mirage - red Mirage?
Blaster - Headmasters Twincast?
Blitzwing - Overcharge?
Stunticons - Generation 2 Stunticons?
Terrorsaur - Lazorbeak? Fractyl?
Inferno - Antagony?
Transmetal II Megatron - Cryotek?

Yellow Trailbreaker, blue Hoist, and Loudpedal seem almost guaranteed as neo-Diaclone characters. Red Mirage and the Crosscuts might have a reasonable chance of going into the Walmart Velocitron subline. Horrorcon Blackarachnia seems liable to follow Horrorcon Waspinator / Skywasp and Nightprowler into specific retailer lines. The Fox Kids beasts may follow similarly. e-HOBBY / Shattered Glass Insecticons may show up somewhere. And e-HOBBY-style Treds and Path Finder might pop up outside Generations Selects as Road Ranger did.

I think Dinobots Terranotron and Recordicons Garboyl are too obscure. I am not optimistic about a new Override GTS because it's too similar to her regular appearance. And whoever knows about Dark Nitro Convoy?

Shadewing

Citizen
I certainly wanna see Reboost if we see another use of the Skids mold.
I think I would have preferred Breaker to be the yellow version, to make him look more unique. I doubt we'll get Blue Hoist, as that'd likely just be too similar to Breaker.
I kinda want Loudpedal, but kinda hate this Tracks mold...
I'll be very damned surprised if we don't get Twincast in some fashion.
Not sure I see them doing a G2 Stunticon set.
I would be all in on a Fractyl/Packrat two-pk. I half expect that if they do purple version, that they'll go with Hydra over Lazorbeak.
Antagony and Cryotek are likely givens.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
That reminds me. I do hope someone at Hasbro finally does something for Micro Change Radicasse Robo because that deco of Blaster is the most neglected of all!

Twincast is apparently getting a mainline release.
Oh right, I forgot that rumour. Whew!

I have also been informed JTprime says Packrat is coming.

lightsyder

Citizen
That reminds me. I do hope someone at Hasbro finally does something for Micro Change Radicasse Robo because that deco of Blaster is the most neglected of all!

Oh right, I forgot that rumour. Whew!

I have also been informed JTprime says Packrat is coming.

I really hope we get a Fractyl too. And Tap-Out and Glyph....and Rook...lol

Glitch

Citizen
Should have Lazorbeak and Double Punch in a future set.
Also Blasters cassettes would probably appear in this line up, all four in regular plastic and include Ramhorn and Steeljaw NOT Sunder and Stripes.

Kup

Citizen
What would prevent a repaint of BW reissue from getting a selects release? With Retrax on the way, maybe the long awaited Unicron repaint could become an official release?

(Mind you, I’m planning to do this myself…but to have in an official capacity could be cool.)

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Well, after hemming and hawing for a couple of days as to whether I was going to keep it, I finally opened up Cyclonus and Nightstick.

What a beautiful figure this is. Kingdom Cyclonus just looks so bland in comparison (and I typically prefer the cartoon look for him!). He does have looseness in his shoulders, as I've heard, but everything else is good.

I've also realized I shouldn't have skipped the Battlemasters in Siege, either.

1659982971463.png

(I can't even get my phone, or Google Photos to even properly display his colours, they are just that rich!)

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
That Cyclonus is beautiful, I know, as I got him, he currently wearing Fasttrack with the Matrix hanging around his neck, while leaning on Kickback! One thing I did with mine is, not put all of the stickers on because they would ruin the look of the vehicle mode, I just put the wing ones on and a better con symbol, the roof one would make the vehicle mode look ulgier than it should do!

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Yeah, I haven't applied any of them yet, and am still deciding if I even want to. Maybe the extra Decepticon logos, like you did, but that might be it.

I also love the vibrant red paint for the optics. It just makes him look so much more alive at any angle.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Watch for the thigh stickers if you apply them. I shredded one when I tf'ed him.

I never put those ones on mine, he doesn't need them, just like the shoulder ones, I felt he didn't need them either, it was the con symbol, thou I ended up using one of my stock of spares and the wing edges stickers

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Yeah, I'm thinking of keeping mine au naturel. Maybe if I'd grabbed GS Galvatron (I was tempted to!), then I'd sticker them both up as a "toy team".

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The stickers aren't necessary. That gorgeous Decepticon Purple is the real star here.

Which is why I chose not to put the shoulder stickers on along with the cockpit, only doing the wings and the con symbol, sometimes, less is more, besides, Cyclonus is one of the best jetformers in years at the voyager scale

Top Bottom