Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection - Transformers: Legacy subline at Walmart

The Phazer

Citizen
Most are expecting her to be based on Cyberverse rather than Universe.

There's not really a suitable toy to do that with however. Yes, it's possible that it could be a big reshell, but that I'd be surprised if we're getting another one in this line and it was being used on a relatively low profile character.

I'm sure they will reflect the "built out of parts" nature of the Cyberverse character, but that can be done with paint for the most part.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
I'd prefer a cyberverse/idw flavor, but going og would hint at us getting a non-convention exclusive Sakuyamon deco'd transformer eventually which would please me greatly

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Are the Stunticons off the table for redecos? There would be a couple more vehicle mold options from that pool. Also, I don't know why, but I could see Cyberverse Shadow Striker from ER Sunstreaker. Not a 1:1 fit, but the proportions look close.

Shadewing

Citizen
I think based on her transformation, and look? Honestly Jazz would be a good choice for her; hood chest, and all her robot parts are non-car parts so you could probably do some remolding to get her hodgepodge look and not effect vehicle mode.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I think based on her transformation, and look? Honestly Jazz would be a good choice for her; hood chest, and all her robot parts are non-car parts so you could probably do some remolding to get her hodgepodge look and not effect vehicle mode.
Hmm, they could go for a retool of Knock Out.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Saucer boi acquired! As I suspected, deluxe and voyager figures...no space for Leader. So, keep an eye out. My Walmart is still in middle of doing the reset and putting junk out.

Also, I get the feeling the Speedia set is a test run for some sort of vintage Transformers packaging thing in the next couple years. Size and proportions are really nice, and I can easily see something evocative of classic G1 packaging. At least it should because I can't fathom why, in the year of our lord 2022, that ANYONE in packaging design would think omitting a J-hook on an assortment item was a good idea.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Blurr & Nemesis/Scourge arrived today, they didn't take any detours to the race track, Scourge really stands out quite well with the light piping, the fact they used a clear red on the shoulders makes him look more menecing, the problem with the G2 Laser prime release, is the dead eyes, if they had used a clear blue on the back of that one's head, it would look hell of a lot better! Blurr, looks pretty nice as well, but Scourge, he just owns the mold, easily and there no changes to the Scourge mod from the Laser OP aside from having clear plastic installed!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I get why people wish Scourge had a more accurate deco, but it is very pretty in its own way.

At least with this Scourge, there is less confusion in terms of placement within the series, much like with legacy Bulkhead, where they put Prime Bulkhead on the packing, that kind of ticked fans of Prime off a bit more than it should of, this Scourge is: Universe Scourge, so, he not tied to any other media directly, thou I'm more likly to refer to him as Nemesis prime, but that is just my choice and point of view

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Was out of town for a couple of days on business. I get back and both local Walmarts have stocked their Speedia 500 toys, but neither one has a Cosmos. Someone beat me to the punch.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I went to a Wal Mart this morning and found everything on the shelf but Cosmos. Someone just beat me it would seem.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At least with this Scourge, there is less confusion in terms of placement within the series, much like with legacy Bulkhead, where they put Prime Bulkhead on the packing, that kind of ticked fans of Prime off a bit more than it should of, this Scourge is: Universe Scourge, so, he not tied to any other media directly, thou I'm more likly to refer to him as Nemesis prime, but that is just my choice and point of view
DOgkYxt.jpg

"Robots in Disguise 2000 Universe Scourge"

Every non-G1 toy in Legacy has the word "Universe" in their name, preceded by what universe they're specifically from, whether it's "Prime Universe Bulkhead", "G2 Universe Jhiaxus", "Diaclone Universe Burn Out", and so on.

Last edited:

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I'm sure they will reflect the "built out of parts" nature of the Cyberverse character, but that can be done with paint for the most part.
Honestly I'm not expecting this. Both of her Cyberverse toys were based on her "normal" appearance from before she had to be rebuilt, which is also what she looks like in IDW.

Top Bottom