He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Grizzlor is Mattel Creations exclusoive -____-

I saw the shit show that Wundar was, and am not looking forward to that on a character I actually want.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen

They have Mantenna on Amazon. It's more expensive than what it probably should be, but it'll likely be a cold day in hell before my Target gets anything new.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, it arrived today. It wasn't supposed to be here until Monday at the earliest, but I sure ain't complainin'!

kMgvxBw.jpg

Just inside the package it looks awesome.

JKN3Pcl.jpg

Here's a look at what's coming up. Some new versions of He-Man and Skeletor. I must admit, that Skeletor looks pretty sweet, but I think I have enough versions of him to last me a while. "Rulers of the Sun" is a faction I must admit I'm not familiar with. I also have no idea who Pig-Head is. But hey! That's what else you'll find in this wave.

And if you're one of those that go by the art to tell what else is coming up, it looks like eventually we should be getting Grizzlor (which I think has been known for a while now but I can't wait) and King Hiss (which I'd love to see what Origins could do with him compared to the vintage I already own)>

khKhRfg.jpg

I must say, I wasn't expecting much more than a quadrupedal version of what I already had. But this really did surpass my expectations. I think this has just become my favorite MotU toy. It's hard to describe without actually having it in hand.

fAaGYxZ.jpg

Don't mind some of the colors on my vintage. I bought it from a vintage toy store and it was in such bad shape that I had to do Rome recoloring of my own. You can look back in this very thread to see what I mean.

But when I said this Origins figure surpassed my expectations, just look at it. It's taller. The plastic is a very nice shade of a really dark blue (It may look black in the picture, but it's just a really dark blue that I really like). Actually having four legs instead of having two that are trying to look like four makes all the difference. The fins (for lack of a better word) look so much better and properly molded. The hands actually look like hands.

Whereas with many of the comparisons I've done between Origins and Vintage have had things that Origins did better and things vintage does better...Origins truly blew it out of the park with this one.

f6t3NCh.jpg

From the back, you can see the action lever was moved from the back to the head. This made them able to really do some nicer sculpting of the back chitin. Very nice. I am absolutely loving this thing.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Rulers of the Sun was an independent toyline that started in the 80s as a response to the lack of heroes of color in the original Masters line. It was created to give young non-white boys some fantasy heroes of their own.

Mattel signed a contract with the Mother who originally created them to bring them into Masters of the Universe proper.

Pig-Head was the sole villain of the original RotS line.

-ZacWilliam, I've seen someone suggest that since there were like eight or more heroes and only one Villian, Pig-Head must be super powerful to stand up to them all...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Rulers of the Sun was an independent toyline that started in the 80s as a response to the lack of heroes of color in the original Masters line. It was created to give young non-white boys some fantasy heroes of their own.

Mattel signed a contract with the Mother who originally created them to bring them into Masters of the Universe proper.

Pig-Head was the sole villain of the original RotS line.

-ZacWilliam, I've seen someone suggest that since there were like eight or more heroes and only one Villian, Pig-Head must be super powerful to stand up to them all...
I hope those characters get some spotlight in the new animated shows.

Caldwin

Citizen
Surprised that Origins Mantenna has four separate legs and not two fused together.
That was its main selling point for me. Otherwise the vintage would've been close that I probably wouldn't need the Origins version. It feels like they really went all out with this one.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'm surprised he's still a basic release with all the new tooling required for what is essentially a one character use. I figured they would make him a deluxe figure with some added weapons for justification. Good on Mattel on his release. I might be willing to grab him if I find him out and about.

I got 200X He-man and Skeletor and Pig-head in my BBTS PoL. Just when I thought I was about done with Origins they make some variants I want, even if they messed up Skeletor's swords. Though I'm a tad angry with them making Wun-Dar and Grizzlor Mattel Creations exclusives considering how easy it is to produce Wun-Dar and Grizzlor being a decently wanted member of the Horde and making both his releases exclusives.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Let me check the list...

Eyes on stalks= Heresy.
Four legs= Heresy.
Might be heresy= Heresy.
Heresy= Heresy.
Not heresy= Heresy.

Yeah, I have some bad news on Mantenna. Still awesome, though! Too bad about what the Commissar will have to do with him...

Top Bottom