Transformers Legacy toyline

Suspsy

Citizen
Also, who else suspects that Bludgeon will be a retool of Tarn? They’re both tanks, after all.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Are those core dinobots guaranteed to be gen 1 dinobots? How many versions of Grimlock exist across the multiverse?
Nothing's guaranteed until it's on the pegs, but while there are a lot of Dinobots out there, there aren't many complete sets of Sludge, Slag/Slug, Grimlock, Swoop, and Snarl specifically, and in the context of those names being in the same pricepoint it seems very likely that Skar is the IDW guy. Basically, either they're G1 Dinobots or Hasbro is going out of their way to screw with us.

Glitch

Citizen
So what dinosaur will Core Skar be? Ankylosaurus maybe?
So you're saying these guys will be premolds for Dinoforce and maybe retooled into Monsterbots? that they'll combine into Volcanicus and a new Dinoking if he was formed the shells? Naaaaaah. That's too good for fans.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So you're saying these guys will be premolds for Dinoforce and maybe retooled into Monsterbots? that they'll combine into Volcanicus and a new Dinoking if he was formed the shells? Naaaaaah. That's too good for fans.

I hadn't considered that until now, but now that you've said it, it feels obvious.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm hoping for a Maximal Prowl or the RiD Brother Prowl.

-ZacWilliam, I'd take Animated Prowl too... pretty much anything except the G1 guy AGAIN.
We have enough F1 vehicles to get an Energon (because the extent of retooling has become INSANE) or Machine Wars version. But yeah, I'm not overly excited at the potential for a "slightly different/improved" rerun for the Amazon Prowl. Besides, a REALLY nice G1 Prowl would be a solid fit for Studio Series since that line has adopted so much of G1 thanks to the 86 movie.

Doesn't Hasbro have pre-tooling options for the Power of the Primes Dinobots for that? Seems like it would be easier to just release THAT than try to fit a combining gimmick into 3.5" articulated figures.

Glitch

Citizen
Doesn't Hasbro have pre-tooling options for the Power of the Primes Dinobots for that? Seems like it would be easier to just release THAT than try to fit a combining gimmick into 3.5" articulated figures.
They might be like Predacons Rising Abominus which was retooled that into The Last Knight Infernocus.

NovaSaber

Citizen
You mean Cutthroat.

Also, Snarl was originally shown with a gun that looked like either Gairyu/Bristleback's or Doryu/Scowl's, I forget which.

Dake

Citizen
Honestly, I'd like to see them try. I'm all for them trying to make Core Class combiners

Considering the compromises that had to be made to the Dinobots for Volcanicus, I'm not sure "combining but smaller" is a great idea. I was certainly excited by CW Dinobots, but mostly because we were finally getting everyone and they looked decent. But now that we're getting the Studio Series versions, they're just so much nicer when they only have to be themselves, and not have a third mode stuffed in there.

Shadewing

Citizen
Considering the compromises that had to be made to the Dinobots for Volcanicus, I'm not sure "combining but smaller" is a great idea. I was certainly excited by CW Dinobots, but mostly because we were finally getting everyone and they looked decent. But now that we're getting the Studio Series versions, they're just so much nicer when they only have to be themselves, and not have a third mode stuffed in there.

Yeah, and the Studio Series versions are are I'd prefer them to be creative. We've got the ideal G1 updates of them, or are in the progress of getting them. Let the Core stuff do something different rather then "the same but smaller" So if they can do Dinoking in core size, I'm fine with them deciding 'Hey, lets try selling these guys as Volcanicus first becuase we know the Dinobots sell'. If this is so, and if this works; maybe we can get up dates of stuff like the Micromaster combiners as well; just like apparently they want to re:do other teams in the style of the Legacy stunticons. If they try and fail, we still got Studio series stuff. If they try and succeed, we might get more small Combiners that would never make it in a larger scale.

Besides just doing a smaller version of a larger character isn't a guarantee that the small version will be good. Just look at Core Class Hot Mess Rod

Top Bottom