Transformers Legacy toyline

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"Well, look at this Blanker..."
"Stop trying to evade the swear filter."
"I'm NOT..."
-I really am not sure this name was well thought out at all.

I'm assuming Peacemaker will be simplified since he's an accessory with a deluxe and not a full seperate Battle Master, recycled or otherwise. Thing is, unless it just doesn't show here, I didn't see during Comic-Con how the car could have any holes in the top with the parts shown as-is, and now I wonder if maybe he rides INSIDE like a driver, given the size of the translucent part. That could be interesting, if it's possible.

Last edited:

The Phazer

Citizen
I am shocked that Hasbro did not know what the right hand was doing by trying to hold the alt modes back.

Horrible painted windows on Dead End. I was afraid of that. It'll look inconsistent and horrible.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
I'm so glad I still have a red and black Battlemaster to replace that horrible looking Peacemaker that Pointblank comes with.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
So I got a Cybertron Universe Metroplex. I always see people talk about how scary tight his ratchets are. And that does apply to most of the ratchets on mine. But his ankle forward/backs are easy to move. Maybe too easy. And his ab crunch joint is actually a soft and easy ratchet compared to the rest. It makes it hard to use the other joints because of how easy it is to move. And his heavy weapon might drag it down to a slouch, too. Does anyone else have a Metroplex like that? Does mine have individual QC problems in the part? I need to see if I can fix it. Hope it's not flathead pinned...

The Phazer

Citizen
Pointblank's alt mode isn't that easy to see, but it must be said it isn't quite as awful as I thought it would be from the robot mode. It seems like his chest matches up with another piece of clear plastic that cleans the lines up substantially.

The naff targetmaster wasn't worth compromising the parts count so his robot mode looks terrible though.

Cradok

Citizen
So I got a Cybertron Universe Metroplex. I always see people talk about how scary tight his ratchets are. And that does apply to most of the ratchets on mine. But his ankle forward/backs are easy to move. Maybe too easy. And his ab crunch joint is actually a soft and easy ratchet compared to the rest. It makes it hard to use the other joints because of how easy it is to move. And his heavy weapon might drag it down to a slouch, too. Does anyone else have a Metroplex like that? Does mine have individual QC problems in the part? I need to see if I can fix it. Hope it's not flathead pinned...

I'd say that the increasing variability in ratchet strength is down to the main method they use these days. There's no springs anymore, the ratchet is a ridged cylinder on one side and a soft plastic rectangle with a tooth to act as the resistance. Any variance in this piece of plastic can lead to too tight or too loose joints. Even huge, load bearing joints use this.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
For the ratchets, DON'T try to oil them to help, a lot of petroleum based solvents can eat some kinds of plastics, and it's not remotely consistent. You never know till something crumbles. What I've done for thing that were too tight and might break is usually Rubiks Cube Lube, as that's made to work with plastic. It comes in syringes that look really suspicious when mailed. I've been told that there are silicon lubes made for RC race car gears but I haven't used that myself. One thing I've been experimenting with is Crosman Pelgun oil, normally used to seal CO2 guns, for areas where Cube Lube can't go, like into SUPER tight pinned joints without any way to take them apart. I've been messing with it for a few years now without any visible ill effects, but who knows? Lubrication chemistry is weird.

I always hated 'plastic box' springs, they inevitably break at some point. My Armada Unicron has weak knees because of it.

On the name-side, if we can use Japanese ones that sound questionable, we need a Beast Wars Classics reissue Drill Nuts!

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Ah, I see. So I suppose there isn't a good means to tighten that ab joint. The cardboard-stuffing trick wouldn't work without a spring, right?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Man, they're really going all in on the Core Dinobots.

Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon

Guess this also confirms Bomburst as the remaining Year 1 Energon Monster.

So that's a full set of Dinobots, and possibly Skar, a once mentioned pre-Dinosaur dinobot who died early in IDW's continuity.

Another insecticon at deluxe scale.

Voyager Junkion isn't listed as a product repack, so it'll be interesting what those turn out to be.

Ramjet, for those who missed him.

Double Nemesis figures (Core Optimus and Voyager Leo Prime)

And Voyager Bludgeon to top it all off. Guessing it's going to be a Tarn retool.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
So unless one of those junkions turns out out to be nancy or rum-maj we're just not getting any girls in the mainline after Elita, huh?

Anyone want to take bets on which prowl that we're getting? lol

MrBlud

Citizen
If PR means package refresh that means Ramjet is likely the Amazon one unchanged but Prowl isn’t.

Maybe he gets his proper head?

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Are those core dinobots guaranteed to be gen 1 dinobots? How many versions of Grimlock exist across the multiverse?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm hoping Skar is a new Dinobot, too. Expanding the lineup has always been something I'm on board with. The more boring possibility is that maybe this is another new name for Slag? Or repaint of Bomburst as the old Powermaster?

Animted Prowl would be great. More Junkions are always welcome. A lot of exciting things in there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom