Power Rangers General Discussion Thread

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The pricier one is sold by a third party and the manufacturer is said to be Universal Studios (weird), while the cheaper one is sold by Walmart.com and manufactured by Shout! Factory.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So Boom is merging Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers back into one comic again once thy hit issue 100 of the combined run with the original MMPR numbering. Issue 101 begins the "Recharged" era. New creative team. But one tidbit I've seen in the wild...

Rita is coming back as Mistress Vile? So no wedding in the Boom continuity?

Also posted it in the TMNT thread already but a second MMPRxTMNT comic mini series is coming in December!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The pricier one is sold by a third party and the manufacturer is said to be Universal Studios (weird), while the cheaper one is sold by Walmart.com and manufactured by Shout! Factory.
Thanks. I don't do a lot of Walmart or US-based online shopping in general, so not sure what to look for and the lower price seemed too good a deal to be the case (not that I know what DVD sets go for these days). It'll be nice to have a compact (well, 19-disc) collection of this show on physical media. I can decide whether or not to complete the rest of the Zordon-era shows later on.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The latter, I think (combiner version of the Kuro Kara Kuri line). There IS a Furai Model (about ~60 average pricing) Megazord kit that is less stylized but iirc it's non-combining.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It is pretty over the top but I do like how it integrates the Sword as a tail for the Pterodactyl.

I guess a MMPR Black Ranger Adam and Lost Galaxy Green was announced for Lightning Collection today. Preorders are up all over the net.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
100% agreed. When lighting collection was announced I was really looking forward to those suits as they were my favorite after the MMPR. But due to the very poor reception of that season, I doubt we'll ever get them.

That and the the as-yet-unused Zodiac sentai team from a few years ago.

Shadewing

Citizen
Well there is a chance the next series: Cosmic Fury; Could be those suits. But right now we know nothing but the name, last I checked.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Cosmic Fury DOES sound like a name that could be Kyuranger-based. The suits are slick, the toys are colorful and have a neat gimmick, and the mech...is ORBS!

But, given how loose these adaptations are, they COULD make just about any of the shows "cosmic".

Kiramager is all about the sparklies, so that could say "space stones" to Hasbro.

Zenkaiger has a lot of robots, so again, pretty easy to set in space (change it to a return of the Machine Empire from Zeo?).

Lupinranger vs Patranger might even be acceptable, if it's off Earth...and they change EVERYTHING about the Cops and Robbers motif. Lawyers vs Magicians. Different groups of alien rangers at war with each other's planets. ANYTHING but Cops and Robbers, since parents WILL complain about BOTH.

But, "Fury" always makes me think about animals. So...Zyouhger? *Looks at those suits that look like those cheap plastic Halloween ponchos with animals' faces printed on them from the Dollar Store*...Probably not Zyouhger. But, they do fight space poachers in that show, so...anything's possible, I guess. Also, Minecraft Mechs.

It might be a little early for Donbrothers. So, I really doubt that one.

ToQger has the worst chance, in my eyes. Not only because trains aren't all THAT big in the west, but because...of spoilery Dino Fury reasons.

Unless we start getting entirely original Power Rangers shows from Hasbro, or something.

Also, the last regular issue of Mighty Morphin came out today. Both MM and PR are getting re-combined for the 23rd/100th issue in late September (or early October, depending on delays).
We get to see the Pink Emissary. There goes my theory that the other 3 Emissaries from Power Rangers Universe became the Empyreals. But...now I'm wondering, who WERE the Empyreals, then? Sure, we got the "shadow of the Emissaries" origin, but the Emissaries originally had a different origin, too. It just feels weird to NOT have the Empyreals be...SOMEONE.

I'm not sure if it was a weird choice to have Kim and the all-Pink squad fight against the future-villain ghosts or not. It was a nice story. But, originally I thought "Oh, this must be the same writer who started out on the PR Pink Miniseries, that's probably a nice callback now that this run is ending". But...nope. That was a different writer. I guess they just like Kim. And that's fair enough. We've got a Death Ranger Special and the 100th issue to look forward to in order to spotlight the whole team. And Kim was worried about the future. Though...would it have been better if this was Jason, since his mom just died?

Also...PLEASE do a Hyperforce sequel or adaptation already, Boom! It's so weird that you keep referencing this series that only exists as a game of Dungeons and Dragons online.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Extensively thorough review of Zord Ascension Project Megazord, with full comparisons with the original, Legacy, and Soul of Chogokin versions:

MrBlud

Citizen
I checked out right about the time the voiceover for this still was “The Zords don’t have defined areas in the box”.

Attachments

• CC73493F-A716-45BE-96F3-E90ABECEEF52.jpeg
    CC73493F-A716-45BE-96F3-E90ABECEEF52.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 86

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm Excited To See What The Next Show Will Be Like Since Dino Fury Is Ending.

i just want the last half season of Dino Fury darn it.

Me and my son really enjoy watching the new Rangers together and it feels like we've been waiting forever for the next part.

-ZacWilliam, a date, even if was a couple months out would be something.

Top Bottom