Shattered Glass Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
do glyph next

apparently Soundwave's going to be revealed soon too
very curious about which mold he'll use

Yeah, Soundwave's been my biggest curiosity; I'm hoping for the Ironhide mold, since that's what he was before, and thanks to that mold's transformation he'll still have an opening chest window. I wonder if we'll get Ravage to go with him.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The addition of the Pteraxodon redeco would indicate Ravage is at least a possibility with Soundwave. Guess we gotta wait and see.

I would almost prefer Ratbat/Batrat, though. It's a more scarce mold, and better than the newest Ravage, IMO.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe the requirements to get a character approved are just way lower for Shattered Glass, and that's why non Shattered Glass characters are getting shoved in there and having their insignias messed up. Maybe it's this or nothing.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Meanwhile, over in the Velocitron line, Mark Maher said during the unveiling of Burn Out that that toy also doubles for SG.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
We've got Legacy Beasts followed by Velocitron at Walmart, Buzzworthy at Target, and Shattered Glass at Hasbro, besides Selects.

We know these lines exist to get figures out that normally wouldn't get a slot in the main line. It does seem like there is no rhyme or reason to some of it, but at least the figures are getting released!

It would be interesting to hear why a particular figure is in a particular line, though. Get a sense for the formula.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
It's even more unflattering than that: When Ben Yee first created the character, he meant for her name to be a joke about us, the Transformers fandom in general, and our tendency to bicker about everything under the sun.
Not entirely sure if there's a counter-joke here I'm not getting, or if you misunderstood that I was joking about the hypothetical characterization of Shattered Glass Flamewar.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The red Decepticon symbol doesn't bother me because someone like Flamewar would absolutely have a symbol burning in the color of fire and heat.

Not entirely sure if there's a counter-joke here I'm not getting, or if you misunderstood that I was joking about the hypothetical characterization of Shattered Glass Flamewar.
The latter is most likely what happened. 😓

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I like to think Flamewar's red symbol is a deep cut referring to when the first samples of of 05 Flamewar arrived at FunPub she had an Autobot symbol.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, that's a weirdly high price for what amounts to a deluxe and not quite a core.

She's the exact same price as Blaster, who is a Voyager. Even with a little extra guy, that shouldn't bump her up $10, when Slicer (who's two deluxes) is only a few dollars more. at $48 Until her, all the SG Prices made sense.

Top Bottom