LGBTQ+ Transformers fan thread

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Welcome to the Transgender and I guess LGBTQ+ friendly thread were you can have a safe space to be yourself and share your experiences. I am Sarah Vixen a trans female. Who is hoping to transition fully someday to female. I guess this is where you can chat and ask good faith questions to each other or something

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
I really don't know how to approach this, since there's a lot still up in the air for me. But I've recently been questioning my gender identity and leaning more towards being gender fluid. Non-conforming at the very least.

Fact of the matter is, while I've always identified as male, that's mostly been a kind of default thing. I do it habitually because it's the safest answer. But I've never had any real attachment to being male, if that makes sense. I used to just brush that off as part of being gray ace.

Recently, though, I've realized it's more complicated than that. I'm not sure how to even really talk about it, because I'm pretty sure I'm not trans, but I also know that I've had thoughts where I wouldn't mind if people call me the 'wrong' pronoun and, like, I've thought a lot about dressing across gender lines. Like, to be clear, I don't want to dress 'like a woman', but I'll be damned if those off-the-shoulder tops don't call out to me.

I'm he/him/any at the moment. Mostly struggling with how to explore this given the society we live in. Also trying to extract myself from decades of habitual self repression, also not helped by the effing society we live in.

So yeah, complicated feelings for sure.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
So I've been conflicted over this for a while and, it's not really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I've come to the decision that I want to be referred to with both she/her and they/them pronouns now.

Everything else about me is the same, still a trans woman who's both ace and lesbian and all.

Thanks.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Recently, though, I've realized it's more complicated than that. I'm not sure how to even really talk about it, because I'm pretty sure I'm not trans, but I also know that I've had thoughts where I wouldn't mind if people call me the 'wrong' pronoun and, like, I've thought a lot about dressing across gender lines. Like, to be clear, I don't want to dress 'like a woman', but I'll be damned if those off-the-shoulder tops don't call out to me.
I'm just going to say, don't be wary of exploring the "trans" label if it does turn out to seem reflective of your experience. Which is not me trying to convince you that it is, it doesn't sound like it, just trying to pre-anti-gatekeep to offset some of the gatekeeping around the term that exists out there in the world. That's just in case your exploration goes in a direction where you find yourself discovering that, oops, I guess I'm nonbinary actually, etc., which often means having something that's explorable in the terms of the spectrum of transgender experience, and also running into some people who are going to tell you you shouldn't, and you should know ahead of time to ignore them. X ] (And to be super clear, not trying to throw labels at you myself, sometimes a cute top is just a cute top, and should be appreciated in its own right!)

The Doctor Who

Citizen
I'm just going to say, don't be wary of exploring the "trans" label if it does turn out to seem reflective of your experience. Which is not me trying to convince you that it is, it doesn't sound like it, just trying to pre-anti-gatekeep to offset some of the gatekeeping around the term that exists out there in the world. That's just in case your exploration goes in a direction where you find yourself discovering that, oops, I guess I'm nonbinary actually, etc., which often means having something that's explorable in the terms of the spectrum of transgender experience, and also running into some people who are going to tell you you shouldn't, and you should know ahead of time to ignore them. X ] (And to be super clear, not trying to throw labels at you myself, sometimes a cute top is just a cute top, and should be appreciated in its own right!)

I appreciate the insight, honestly, thank you!

Vi and I have had a similar conversation and it's definitely something I'm keeping in mind. I admit that I wasn't really considering non-binary as part of the trans umbrella when I wrote the post, so hearing that from a couple different people does give me food for thought.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
So I've been conflicted over this for a while and, it's not really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I've come to the decision that I want to be referred to with both she/her and they/them pronouns now.

Everything else about me is the same, still a trans woman who's both ace and lesbian and all.

Thanks.
What's Ace?

Dvandom

Citizen
To extend, since people might still wonder how one can identify as lesbian and asexual, there's also "Aro" for Aromantic. One can be Ace but not Aro, meaning you enjoy romantic relationships and maybe cuddling, but aren't interest in actual sex. Or Aro but not Ace, where you just want the sex (insert Guys Be Like Dat joke). If both Aro and Ace, you just want to be friends, although you still might identify as straight or homosexual in the sense of, "I'm not really interested, but aesthetically I prefer men/women." There's also demisexual and demiromantic, which generally mean that you can only feel sexual or romantic attraction for someone you've gotten to know well, or for whom you have the other kind of interest (e.g. a demisexual may need to have a solid romantic interest before sex is even considered).

---Dave, a boring cishet.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I often feel like a failure as "proper female", and just feel kinda... there. Gender fluid/non-binary, maybe. I honestly don't care what pronoun I get called.

I wear clothes meant for guys a lot. If it's comfy and I like it, who cares what gender it was intended for? Though, most of it is stuff like shirts and shoes so it's not so obvious.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
P6ydxJf.jpeg incase anyone needs it

The Doctor Who

Citizen
So, after some thinking and a little experimenting, I think I've come to a decision. Basically, I realized that the indecision wasn't the question but the answer. That, if I can't feel any particular attachment to being one thing that, in itself, is the answer I'm looking for.

So, like, yeah. I'm genderfluid. I've updated the introduction thread accordingly.

I'm going by They/Them. Male or Female pronouns may apply depending on which way my weird little brain leans, but primarily they/them.

Last edited:

Top Bottom