Transformers Legacy toyline

Echowarrior

Citizen
Jetfire was memorable as a character because of Scott McNeil having such a ball putting so much gusto and energy into his personality.

Then he got more serious in Energon and stopped being as fun.
He still had some fun moments in Energon. Heck, I'd argue Scott McNeil did a lot better with his material than most of the rest of the cast did with theirs.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This Sideswipe talk is giving me a cursed digibash idea.

Cybertron Defense Armada Sideswipe.png

Cybertron Defense Sideswipe.

Or, you've made fun of his limb proportions for the last time.

Suspsy

Citizen
Would BW Rampage be feasible as a Leader? I certainly can’t picture Hasbro giving him rubber tank treads.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Would BW Rampage be feasible as a Leader? I certainly can’t picture Hasbro giving him rubber tank treads.

I've been thinking about that too. I feel like to do BW Rampage justice with a modern update, they'd probably want to look into Commander Class. Or they could perhaps use the Titan Class pricing structure to do something like a Rampage / Depth Charge set.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Or they could nix the tank mode altogether and just give him the crab and robot modes.

Many people's rubber tank treads have disintegrated by now, and new ones would just repeat that history in the years to come. Best to avoid that from happened altogether.

Or somehow make fold-out plastic treads that would snap together if they really wanted to include the tank mode.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I think getting rid of Rampage's tank mode would be akin to getting rid of Broadside's jet mode. Sure, you could do it, and maybe even get a better figure than otherwise possible, but a lot of fans would be upset by the omission, or feel the figure was incomplete without the third mode.

MrBlud

Citizen
I think getting rid of Rampage's tank mode would be akin to getting rid of Broadside's jet mode. Sure, you could do it, and maybe even get a better figure than otherwise possible, but a lot of fans would be upset by the omission, or feel the figure was incomplete without the third mode.

Honestly? Even back then it was kinda a stupid tank mode.

You could ditch the actual plastic threads and just sculpt a thread pattern on the back of the big claw and still shove in the crab legs behind them IMO.

Suspsy

Citizen
Rampage’s tank mode strikes me as too iconic to do away with. He used it in almost every episode he was in, after all.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I'd expect them to sculpt tread details on the crab legs themselves and have a piece fold out from each half of the pincer to form the tread system if they go for it. Last working treads we got were on Leader Megatron and quite a few units had the rubber treads split fairly quickly and all those had to do were stay on the wheels and roll every once in a while. I can't imagine what would happen if they had to endure being pulled, stretched around, folded up into an enclosed space and occasionally rolled around.

Shadewing

Citizen
While I agree, I'll also say that the Mirage molds works better then I thought it would, robot mode is pretty spot on if that is anything close to how the real one would look.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The fullsized image has a watermark, so definitely a digibash. From TFW2005 via the first google image search result for "velocitron crasher".
C4FA19C9-ED8C-4CB1-B030-DD6FCC9F5C14.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom