Transformers Legacy toyline

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I recently got the Energon redeco of Sideways, Rapid Run, and it is a satisfying toy. An update would be cool.

I would be curious how an Armade Sideswipe update would work? I suppose if they did away with the gimmicks, they could improve the transformation, but there's not much memorable about Sideswipe, besides how awful he was?

Cybersnark

Citizen
As I've been saying since it came out, Armada Sideswipe is just one or two design revisions away from a really good toy (and taking out his spring-loaded gimmicks would go a long way to freeing up that parts budget).

I'll also point out that Armada Demolishor is still sitting on my shelf. The only thing they could do to improve on him would be to find a way to add shoulder articulation.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
IMO these are the ones not already onnthe rumor / leaked list that I know of that would be great to see an update:

Armada Autobots:
Scavenger
Sideswipe
Blurr
Overload (Only if we get Armada Prime and Jetfire)

Armada Decepticons:
Thrust
Wheeljack
Demolisher
Cyclonus

tidal wave but needs to be commmander class. Titan is too big.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I'll also point out that Armada Demolishor is still sitting on my shelf. The only thing they could do to improve on him would be to find a way to add shoulder articulation.

Demolishor is a pretty solid toy. Besides better articulation, I would kind of like to see him with hands that can hold a weapon, but I'm not dissatisfied with the original as is.

Speaking of hands, that reminds me:
Obsidian (BM or RiD, either would be okay) with the option for hands.

Shadewing

Citizen
Jetfire was memorable as a character because of Scott McNeil having such a ball putting so much gusto and energy into his personality.

Then he got more serious in Energon and stopped being as fun.

And then he went to Space Australia Nebulos and came back with an accent.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
You’d think that the way the Pretender gimmick works and the Leader class MO for the past few years, they’d have made him a Voyager-ish dude with a bunch of clip-on armor to sell as Leader.

Seeing how they did Iguanus, maybe it’ll be a shell-looking robot mode with a jet alt-mode.
That's very much what I expect they'll do, and very much what I've no interest in. The BotCon toy from several years ago does that just fine. If that's all they're doing, I don't need another.

If you have the TFCC Metalhawk, and this Legacy Metalhawk turns out to be based on the robot mode, you could always pretend it's a Pretender?

(At least in the Masterforce show, the robots were always portrayed as bigger than their shells, anyway.)
That, at least, would be different (I didn't get the TR figure), but it's really not what I want.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Maybe give Legacy Wild Rider the blue and yellow treatment and you get an Armada Side Swipe update from that?

I mean, that wonky backpack with the car bits hanging off has to be a reference to something, right?

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd prefer Armada Sideswipe to have the big boxing glove-esque hands, to me they are the most iconic part of his design, as otherwise he doesn't have a really interesting robot mode. But more likely they'll just make him a Jazz retool.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
A Generations take on Depth Charge would be cool to see; it would be nice to have an action-figurey toy that doesn't have a foot of tail/gimmick sticking out his back.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Jetfire was memorable as a character because of Scott McNeil having such a ball putting so much gusto and energy into his personality.

Then he got more serious in Energon and stopped being as fun.
Armada Jetfire is a top 5 toy for me. I love that thing. The character was great too. And yeah…Energon it went downhill then he backed Australian in Energon. Still scratching my head on that one.

the Armada toy though. No updates needed for me unless we get a Leader Prime. Jet Convoy is fantastic and Link Up is still one of my favorite episodes of that series.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Armada Sideswipe could be fun if they got rid of all the kibble. He's very disproportionate, but I say lean into it. Have the boots completely absorb the doors. Have the "tail" fold away somewhere, probably into the torso. Huge boxing gloves, huge boots, his proportions could be very Mega Man if they do it right.

Top Bottom