Transformers Legacy toyline

The Phazer

Citizen
Blitzwing in hand - yeah, I was too kind on this toy from the photos. He's dreadful.

A total miss.

It's not even parts count. He has enough parts count. It's just used badly.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
Missed opportunity to put 'Wasp' in the set.

I don't think we're ever going to get any version of Wasp, unfortunately. I've wanted one since 2009 or so and you are right that there have been plenty of opportunities, especially in the past few years.

Then again, now that they've actually got a new Waspinator out there, they might be ok with looking at a less orthodox version of the character.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't think we're ever going to get any version of Wasp, unfortunately. I've wanted one since 2009 or so and you are right that there have been plenty of opportunities, especially in the past few years.

Then again, now that they've actually got a new Waspinator out there, they might be ok with looking at a less orthodox version of the character.

Personally, I'd love to see Origins 'Bee repainted as Wasp with a new, G1-ified Animated style head.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Blitzwing in hand - yeah, I was too kind on this toy from the photos. He's dreadful.

A total miss.

It's not even parts count. He has enough parts count. It's just used badly.

I'd kind of agree. Now that I've got him, I still like the robot mode pretty well, but it does feel like both alt modes could have used another pass. The jet mode especially seems like it could have been made a lot better by adding one or two more transformation steps to get those bottom "pontoons" arranged into something that looked like it had any business being on a jet. I don't mind the turret on the bottom. Honestly I've always kind of liked the idea of his jet mode having a functional tank turret still firing at things while he's flying, but if those other chunks turned into something vaguely resembling a second set of wings/control surfaces or maybe missile or fuel pods, that would have made a world of difference.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Kinda disappointing about Blitzwing; I was on the fence about picking one up, after passing on the TR for some dumb reason (because I had the T30 version).

Tangentially, has anyone in the Midwest seen the Walmart Legacy Beasts, yet? 5 of the 6 WMs in my area have mods set for them, but no product.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Kinda disappointing about Blitzwing; I was on the fence about picking one up, after passing on the TR for some dumb reason (because I had the T30 version).

Tangentially, has anyone in the Midwest seen the Walmart Legacy Beasts, yet? 5 of the 6 WMs in my area have mods set for them, but no product.

Speaking as a native of Indiana, I've not only seen them, I bought them. Was several weeks ago, alas.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Nothing in Milwaukee. OurvWalmarts haven't restocked since Legacy first came out...though some are finding Blitzwing nearby.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
We travel through Indiana on the way to visit the inlaws in Ohio. I might have to make sure we stop at some Walmarts along the way.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen

I'm in metro Atlanta, but I've only seen a single Buzzsaw. I bought it in Huntsville Alabama a few weeks ago. Haven't seen any other Legacy beast repaints.

Kup

Citizen
Saw the Legacy Beasts at the Lima, OH Walmart. Almost walked out with Sandstorm, but passed (was trying to teach my son a lesson that we don't always buy stuff when we see it). Whether I'll run across Sandstorm again remains to be seen.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Agreed. Brussels sprouts have become one of my favorite vegetables, especially when they have been seasoned and pan seared or oven roasted. Speaking of searing and roasting, Artfire arrived from Pulse today and he is glorious! Glad I decided to treat myself during their Power Days sale.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like that Skyquake is probably going to have the subdued colors of the Prime version but the body (ie Jhaixus) of the G1 version.

Which is really a shame. Hopefully we get the proper one as a G2 version or something in Selects.

As for Blitzwing. That plane is dreadful. The only bad part about the tank is the cockpit (which was purposefully put there for accuracy) and the robot is great. The TR does the three modes better with less trade offs but if I could only have one in my display it would be Legacy.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As for Blitzwing. That plane is dreadful. The only bad part about the tank is the cockpit (which was purposefully put there for accuracy) and the robot is great. The TR does the three modes better with less trade offs but if I could only have one in my display it would be Legacy.
I feel that is kind of the opposite of the TR release as I felt the plane was pretty good and the tank sucked.

Top Bottom