The Boys - streaming on Amazon Prime Video

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I saw the four new eps. There's a lot of butts so far, haha. Also a lot of surprises. Not twists to me. Just... surprises.

Jensen Ackles got buff. He wasn't that big during his Supernatural hunting days.

The sweetest person is Frenchie. My friend says no cuz he's a drug pusher tho, whoops.

Have to look up Supersonic's powers. Also, Soldier Boy's.

Homelander is siiiick. I thought The Deep was going to cry. Depends on his connection really.

I'm glad they changed up stuff with Noir and Soldier Boy. Am curious to know what's the final confrontation going to be, and with who.

Glitch

Citizen
I theorize Soldier Boy is taking Black Noirs place for a final confrontation and he actually defected but only to expose Vaught and the US government but was betrayed to create Russian supes.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
After this latest episode, I've got a theory on how this season will end:

Homelander will fight Soldier Boy. Homelander will win, but will lose his powers in the process after a blast from Soldier Boy. Homelander will now be reliant on V24 supplied on an "as needed" basis by Vought, which will bring Homelander back under their control. His power loss will be kept secret both because Homelander is still Vought's most popular/profitable product, and also to keep the existence of V24 a secret. Next season will see a seeming humbled Homelander working for Vought again, but secretly and increasingly desperately looking for a way to return his powers permanently.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Nice theory. Yeah, I could see that happening.

I only just saw the ep. Frenchie and the female are really wholesome so I hope they walk away scot-free. But I think the story will have the female getting her powers again to save Frenchie, so Soldier Boy's drain attack might be temporary?

I hope we find out why the Countessa gave up Soldier Boy. It wasn't for the money so was Soldier Boy a sociopath too? So it'll be a choice between who's a greater threat between him and Homelander? Gosh, Soldier Boy probably has flight now or something.

I don't want A-Train to be redeemed with his racism angle. I still see him callously running through Hughie's first girlfriend.

Speaking of, I swear, I can't recognize Starlight and Maeve when they meet up the Boys when wearing civilian clothes, haha

Before the temp vought powers plotline ends, Hughie and Starlight would probably hook up with powers engaged, haha

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the new ep.

Holy ****ing cow!

This has got to be one of the best episodes of The Boys. And not just because of THAT thing. All the intense parts of the multiple arcs had me almost screaming.

Gosh dang, what an episode! What the hex are they going to do at the end?!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Saw the new ep.

Holy ****ing cow!

This has got to be one of the best episodes of The Boys. And not just because of THAT thing. All the intense parts of the multiple arcs had me almost screaming.

Gosh dang, what an episode! What the hex are they going to do at the end?!

Right? It was great to see
people actually getting the better of Homelander physically. He's not quite as unstoppable as he thought he was.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
That part was great! But, dang, so close!

I was looking at reviews and there was a comment about something I missed. I kinda semi regret reading it cuz if it was a speculation that is actually true, then I missed having my mind blown at a surprise. Darn!

It's
that something triggers Soldier Boy's explosions. It's not an accident. That makes Soldier Boy almost innocent.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That part was great! But, dang, so close!

I was looking at reviews and there was a comment about something I missed. I kinda semi regret reading it cuz if it was a speculation that is actually true, then I missed having my mind blown at a surprise. Darn!

It's
that something triggers Soldier Boy's explosions. It's not an accident. That makes Soldier Boy almost innocent.

Yeah, both times he "exploded" it seemed to be a PTSD type response to Russian music on the radio that sounded enough like what was on in the background of the lab to literally trigger him. I get the feeling he's probably still an A-hole who doesn't care THAT much about collateral damage, but I don't think he meant to kill any of those people in midtown and no one except the twins at herogasm.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw episode 7.

There's a scene at the very end of the credits?!? Has there been one all throughout the season?!? It's after all the credits are done, for the final curtain call.

If there were more eps to the season, it would have been a bloody but interesting swath to have Soldier Boy, Butcher Boy and Blink Boy beat the Avengers proxies one by one. Like, if there were more (their Wasp already died tho. And who were the TNT Twins suppose to be in the Avengers, if any).

This was sorta normal after the amazing previous ep but, well, I still got a wake up call at the last few seconds (no, not the bonus scene).

That Noir thing was pretty cool. He's always so stiff that you never expect him to be so animated in that part.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ep8 it's over. I got very tense whenever Homelander was close to anybody. He sorta pulled a bit of a smart move for a while there. But things went crazy.

It's weird they didn't address something. Maybe it wasn't really a thing after all? Like I got strung along but there was no puppet master.

I don't like where the Deep is going to end up. I hope they don't go there.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I hope Soldier Boy comes back tho.

There's also so few big superheroes left. I wonder if they'll ever complete a Seven anymore.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
293227752_1373183203166835_6675309432829874952_n.jpg

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
There's three eps out of the spin off Gen V

It's pretty bloody, since the main character can blood bend ala Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender. Some sex too.

I didn't read all of the Goldokin (spelling) arc from The Boys comic but I do recognize the name as the X-Men parody. Hope it doesn't get as bad as that tho, cuz that was gruesome.

From the three eps, seems like Little Cricket is the likeable one, but she doesn't something really gross later. Jordan Li the trans (?) shapeshifter is interesting but they have a bad attitude.

Top Bottom