Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Not for me, because there's no way that wouldn't be $200~$250 or more and while I think this is a fun idea it's not one that I'm williams to spend that on.

-ZacWilliam, it's not the idea or the toy it's the price for me and I dont see that getting any lower with a much bigger toy.

Shadewing

Citizen
For me, yes. I've mentioned it previously. I'm not gonna pay near titan class prices for a fragile g1 toy that is barely voyager size nowadays.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
That would actually be less appealing to me. I can't spare Titan space for a toy whose main appeal to me is that I think it's funny.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Combiner Wars Devastator is probably the worst Transformer per dollar I have ever purchased. (Prime Airachnid is the worst overall). Mine just has lots of loose joints so Devastator can't hold up his gun, and neither can several of the constructicons. And that all is ignoring how the individual constructions pretty much all have terrible arm articulation in one form or another.

I would have zero desire for buying a new copy that was Tonka flavored.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I'm curious... would this be any more appealing to some of you if it was Combiner Wars Devastator repainted instead?

For me, the price is the biggest hurdle, so CW Devvy wouldn't solve that. Knowing how fragile G1 Devvy is doesn't help, either, so there is that, but the price makes it a non-starter for me.

Blot

Citizen
It'd probably feel less phoned in if it had some new tooling to at least give even one of the robots a new head.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
If it were the UW Devastator versions, with something a little extra to help differentiate it from vanilla Devastator (aforementioned new heads, maybe engineer drill attachments for the arm pieces/rocket pods or something), then I might be interested...on deep, deep, discount.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I figured out how to get the price down.

5625207A-0AAE-432E-A5B0-5EB3B857DDD3.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
For me, the main appeal of this Tonkanator set is that, the Tonka-specific labeling aside, it feels an awful lot like something that would have been done in the Car Robots/RiD 2001 line.

A redeco of a vintage mold as all-new characters, and specifically as a construction-themed Autobot combiner. They feel like they could be both direct rivals of Baldigus/Ruination and associates of the Buildmasters/Build Team.

Were I to get this set, I'd put it with my CR/RiD'01 Autobots.

Haywire

Citizen
For me, the main appeal of this Tonkanator set is that, the Tonka-specific labeling aside, it feels an awful lot like something that would have been done in the Car Robots/RiD 2001 line.
They kinda did?

But, yeah, that would feel like an appropriate series to slot Tonkanator in. The world needs more RiD '01 universe updates to exist in it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, the "new" Maveric toy is out soon, again.

I'll just let one of the film's characters describe how the plane seems...

-

Poor Maverick...I hope it likes Hong-Kong air-space...

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen

A redeco of a vintage mold as all-new characters, and specifically as a construction-themed Autobot combiner. They feel like they could be both direct rivals of Baldigus/Ruination and associates of the Buildmasters/Build Team.

Were I to get this set, I'd put it with my CR/RiD'01 Autobots.
Actually, this comment makes me wonder if redoing those CR/RiD molds all in yellow with Tonka labels would have been more appealing. I wonder how much that would have to have sold for in 2022?

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I feel like the fact that Landfill has already been yellow and black would kill a lot of the appeal.

Also, while it seems like most people (understandably) don't really care much about the crossover aspect this time around, it is the reason the set is being made, and if there's such a thing as the Tonka fandom then they probably think the Mighty Dump Truck deserves better than Heavyload's altmode.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, just take the Black Friday Landfill redeco, stick some Tonka stickers on it, and there you go.

(I know, I know, easier said than done. I'm speaking hypothetically)

Haywire

Citizen
Well, at least the Landfill team is decently chonky. Who knows if those molds are even still viable, though. And, yeah, the vehicle mode accuracy is not super great.

Remember when we got the Terrorcons in the Prime Cyberverse line? And they combined? Tonkanator kinda makes me wish Hasbro would have done a Core-class Constructicon set. Maybe get an affordable Devastator with modern engineering that isn't so fragile. Then they could have redecoed that.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Remember when we got the Terrorcons in the Prime Cyberverse line? And they combined? Tonkanator kinda makes me wish Hasbro would have done a Core-class Constructicon set. Maybe get an affordable Devastator with modern engineering that isn't so fragile. Then they could have redecoed that.
There's always the Micromaster Sixcombiner.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, at least the Landfill team is decently chonky. Who knows if those molds are even still viable, though. And, yeah, the vehicle mode accuracy is not super great.

Edit: - Ninja'd

They could have used the "Devastator" Micromaster combiner and then slapped both "Tonka" and "Micromachines" on it too.

Top Bottom