Transformers Legacy toyline

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Core Dinobots.
Nice they'll be fun to fiddle with (oh please, do Slash again even if she's just a PotP rerelease or retool).

Needlenose.
Finally! I guess I need to get Tracks (even if IIRC he was so-so) for the vote two pack that didn't happen.

Tarn.
Very nice, though I kinda expected him sooner or later.

Skyquake.
I needed to remind myself that he'll have a G1 style, unless they suddenly drop that and make him the odd one of the Prime toys, so maybe he'll resemble a blend of Prime and the original G1?

Leo Prime.
Oooh that's a nice surprise.
*quietly cancels plans to make Tigatron into a lion for a custom*

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I hope Leo Prime turns out good along with Tarn

The question, I kind of have is, Armda Megatron, if he getting a new toy, where the hell is a updated Armada Optimus? Its been a couple of years since they showed off that prototype alongside Star Convoy and there been nothing, when the listing for Siege leader Optimus appeared, many of us, I believe speculated that it might been the Armada Optimus, but instead we get a hyrid of Cybertron & RID2001 Ultra Magnus, I wasn't drawn to buy that leader OP, as I own the the original Cybertron leader class figure!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I'm a bit shocked we now have a couple of waves into a Velocitron line (with unique molds!) And we have yet to get a new Drift. Ideally I'd prefer Lost Light Drift, but wouldn't mind an update to the G1-ish design. Either way, feels like a missed opportunity.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Crasher/Fracture hasn't been a Drag Strip mold previously, unless they make the logical stretch of Drag Strip usually being a Mirage repaint.

Drag Strip and Fracture were both redecos of the Classics Mirage mold once, so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch. And, of recent molds that turn into race cars, Drag Strip is one possibility. Not saying I'm advocating for it, just throwing out possible ideas for what we might get. If the listing are legit.

Shadewing

Citizen
Drag Strip and Fracture were both redecos of the Classics Mirage mold once, so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch. And, of recent molds that turn into race cars, Drag Strip is one possibility. Not saying I'm advocating for it, just throwing out possible ideas for what we might get. If the listing are legit.
Yeah, I'm saying is I don't see this team being that creative. I'd prefer it as it's closer to her look then Mirage is; but usually they go on whats been done before. They have surprised me, what with Jhiaxus being a new mold and not an orange repaint of Starscream.

Dake

Citizen
Skyquake.
I needed to remind myself that he'll have a G1 style, unless they suddenly drop that and make him the odd one of the Prime toys, so maybe he'll resemble a blend of Prime and the original G1?

The thing is, unlike Bulkhead, he already has a G1 style. So will it be Prime Skyquake G1'ifeid, or G1 Skyquake Prime'ified?

Haywire

Citizen
Yeah, I'm saying is I don't see this team being that creative. I'd prefer it as it's closer to her look then Mirage is; but usually they go on whats been done before. They have surprised me, what with Jhiaxus being a new mold and not an orange repaint of Starscream.
It's kind of a hard call, because 'the rules' seem to have changed over the years. Fracture was one of 3 Walmart exclusives all those years ago, and all were just straight redecos. The Speedia 500 collection has, what, 2 new molds (Cosmos and Override), 3 redecos with alternate pre-tool heads (Road Hauler, Road Rocket, and Burnout), 1 extensive remold (Blurr), and 2 more or less straight redecos (Clampdown and Scourge). If these 2nd wave listings are accurate (and not codenames), it's hard to judge what we might get; redeco, retool, or new mold.

I would LOVE a Crasher that was as accurate as possible to her original Gobot form through a Transformer lens, but the reality is that its just more likely she will be a retool or redeco of an existing mold. Up to now, Gobot homages have not rated new tooling. I would love to be proved wrong about this, though.

Shadewing

Citizen
Might not even remold. They may just paint the domino mask onto the face and call it a day like the last time.

One thing this team does do, is going the extra mile. There are times where what could just be a simple repaint actually gets more love then we expect: SG Magnus with extra head and Slicer who homages both previous toys, Road Hauler has a new head he didn't really need, the new Bumblebee 4pk is giving us VW beetle Goldbug, and the preds have extra heads, wthe last one had the heavily remolded Fangry, the heavily remolded Fossilizers in the Wreckers line, etc. Yeah, theyre are straight repaints too; but we shouldn't act like this team is lazy. They just rely heavily on what came before. So I expect we'll see something new, even if its as simple as using the toy mirage head rather then the cartoon one.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The toy head does have a mask of sorts. Hard tk tell because of stupid clear plastic.
dunno, new tooling would be nice but Mirage’s head isn’t too far off Crasher’s and the set precedent is that Crasher is a straight repaint.

Haywire

Citizen
I mean, it doesn't hurt to be cautiously optimistic, and the current TF team is certainly not lazy. Past experience with Hasbro's prior efforts when they homage Gobots, though, is pretty minimal. Heck, even Bandai relegated Machine Robo to candy toys for many years (and the current offering, in the 'Machine Robo Universe', is called Unitroborn, with the Machine Robo part as a tiny subtitle). So, it also makes sense not to get our hopes up too high.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Ordered Slicer. Waiting for Scourge preorders to pop up at local stores to place one. If Blurr doesn't go too much above the usual Deluxe pricing, I'll probably grab one as well since I didn't particularly like the studio series one.

Top Bottom