What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Honestly? I want his mob to try storming the capital again, this time while Biden is still in charge. Let them see what happens when the cops and military aren't being actively told to stand down and let them do it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You might still get to see it, DHS dropped a terrorism security bulletin yesterday, calling for an augmented risk till the end of november: and they don't mention FOREIGN risks.

Edit: Here, just read it.

DHS security bulletin

Paladin

Citizen
Honestly? I want his mob to try storming the capital again, this time while Biden is still in charge. Let them see what happens when the cops and military aren't being actively told to stand down and let them do it.

Barely a week ago we learned cops wouldn't lift a finger to stop schoolchildren being slaughtered by a madman.

Police unions overwhelmingly backed Donald & other Republicans.

They will not help stop fascism; they are part of it.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes, let's lump every single police precinct in the country in with one in goddamned Texas. That makes sense.

If the right wing tries another 1/6 they will be sorely mistaken if they think there will be no response from law enforcement. Remember the bravery of capital police on that day. They'll show up again and this time the National Guard will be called. Whatever the DC cops do won't really matter.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
One thing to keep in mind also though, that the elevated risk could also be factoring in responses to the Roe vs Wade decision, not just election issues from the redcaps.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Remember the bravery of capital police on that day.
All I remember is the ones hanging out and taking selfies with the Proud Boys. That's the only thing they did that day that they deserve to be remembered for.

But yes, the National Guard would take care of things, for sure. And if the cops are crazy enough to side with the rioters and try to defend them against the National Guard, may they be mowed down like the rest of 'em.

As for the Texas thing, hell, that could have been avoided if someone had sent in a proper SWAT team instead of the donut brigade. Those people do have military-grade training to match the equipment and their whole job is being sent into dangerous situations like that one. I don't know if there just wasn't one available or if the Powers That Be chose not to summon them or what; I'd like to get to the bottom of that, actually.

Ironbite4

Citizen
So um...not sure if you knew this but the small town of 16,000, has a SWAT team. And they trained for this.

Ironbite-they weren't called in.

Autobubbs

Citizen
The other day, SD State Senator John Thune stated that AR-15's are needed in the state of SD for hunting Prairie Dogs.

I wish I was kidding.

Ranchers must be getting lazy. Not motivated enough to aim, pick-up the corpse, or walk out and just poison the den like they have for decades.

NovaSaber

Citizen

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen

Out & proud and with full support.
Why is it always Hitler?

Also:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Also Mussolini was killed by his own people, Hitler went out on his own terms.

Xaaron

Citizen
I mean...c'mon.

That thread may sound insightful, until you realize the same thing could be said about Democrats' messaging.

They can tell you what to do (wear masks, use pronouns, less guns)
You cannot tell them what to do (My body, my choice)

Just because I agree with Democrats more than Republicans doesn't mean their platforms aren't set up the same. It's the substance of the platforms that matter, not the structure.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It puts on a show. Plus they can start talking about how they won, then if they lose later they can bitch and moan about it just like their neon god.

Top Bottom