Young Justice: Phantoms

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Gosh dang, the new ep was amazing! Great action and lots of cool things happened.

Forager and Forager together was awesome. Also Forager's quip and Forager's first rhyme.

The lantern could have, should have been more imaginative with his shield, dang it.

This would have been awesome, except for Connor being an idiot, haha. Rocket shared her focus ep with so many other cool stuff so her autism and character got the short stick, oh well.

So the last arc left is Nightwing.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nightwing's dating history was one of the things relegated to the tie-in comic from way back when to play with, so it's interesting to see it get a nod here.

Loved the Danger/Haley's callback. Also, Aqualad's been out for a month. There's been so much it's still tricky to piece together a precise chronology, but that sort of thing helps. Neat new look.

Not sure why I didn't notice the apparent race change for Zod before. This use of them, and this way of introducing them, is pretty interesting.

Just glad we didn't have to sit through much more Klarion this time. He's fun but I more than had my fill during the magic arc.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Hadn't realized Nightwing dated both Zantanna and Rocket. Guy's a stud.

He's also a very good detective.

I had hoped for a second that Impulse / Kid Flash was going to go ham on Lor Zod.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
From the other ep, yeah, I thought Impulse would take LoR Zod in a split second. He should have run behind him or something, haha

Saw the new ep.

Who the hex is Harper Row again?

Dang, I thought Lizard Johnny was Slither from the Scare Tactics comic. It would have been awesome. But googling shows that Lizard Johnny is an established obscure character too.

I remember Everyman from that horribly confusing 52 comic. I remember things got gruesome. No idea who Trajectory and Kobold are. Fury is Lyta Hall, one of the Infinity Incorporated?

Wingman is super cute and it's weeeeeird that Garth is best buds with him. It's interesting but, wow, that could get weeeeeird.

Kon El is still being an idiot, sheesh.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's called brainwashing and manipulation on Zod's part. Conner's very much not in his right mind, and Zod's been taking full advantage of that. Conner thinks he killed Superman when that was just a hallucination brought about by the Phantom Zone corrupting his memories. Both his mind and emotions have gone dull. He acts like he doesn't even care about or remember Miss Martian anymore.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
From the other ep, yeah, I thought Impulse would take LoR Zod in a split second. He should have run behind him or something, haha

Saw the new ep.

Who the hex is Harper Row again?

Dang, I thought Lizard Johnny was Slither from the Scare Tactics comic. It would have been awesome. But googling shows that Lizard Johnny is an established obscure character too.

I remember Everyman from that horribly confusing 52 comic. I remember things got gruesome. No idea who Trajectory and Kobold are. Fury is Lyta Hall, one of the Infinity Incorporated?

Wingman is super cute and it's weeeeeird that Garth is best buds with him. It's interesting but, wow, that could get weeeeeird.

Harper Row was the troubled teen that befriended Violet and Forager last season. Her and her brother moved in with M'gann and Connor. She is a Batman comic book hero / ally I believe.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm really digging this more cautious and reasonable take on Zod, depicting him as willing to negotiate and debate rationally before giving in to hostility, even restraining his men in favor of level-headedness when even they seem itching to jump straight into fighting.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
This is also a Zod that hasn't felt his power under a yellow sun yet. He is acting like a trained soldier rather than a power drunk madman yet. Which actually is probably the better way to actually portray a villain like him.
But now that he's outside the Zone will he show a more violent side? In the Zone he was pretty much trapped for an eternity with no end in sight and there was no real reason to be excessively violent. He attacks the team as more of a show of superiority and leverage in order to use them as a way out of the zone. But is death even possible in the zone? And the Kryptonians had the advantage of knowing the zones properties, which gave them the edge over the team. And just how is the General going to take his son? His reaction at the end of the episode didn't exactly seem favorable, but considering he has no son himself at this point it makes sense.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Things are definitely getting interesting. The villains are definitely not in a good position, but if they manage to get to a yellow sun, things are going to get bad.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wonder how Vandal Savage and/or Darkseid would react to the news of a bunch of wildcard Kryptonian criminals being unleashed upon the galaxy.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Definitely is going to derail Savage. Darkseid on the other hand should already know something is up thanks to Lor-Zod coming to him already. Whether he knows the full extent of what he had planned is doubtful, but Darkseid is smart enough to prepare a possible double cross I’d imagine.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the ep and, holy cow, it's Danny Chase! I loved what little I saw of that guy in the comics!

(He was a tagalong kid with weak telekinetic powers who wanted to join the Teen Titans. He animated a mask, sheet and gloves as a 'Phantasm' so people would listen to him. Supposedly readers hated him because he was the kid identify character or whatever you call it when they include a younger character to younger folks in the audience would identify with them. Ala Wesley Crusher in Star Trek. Or Daniel in Transformers.

Eventually, Danny Chase got killed but came back as an actual Phantasm character.)

Loooooved how they used him in the episode! Loved how he ended up too! Absolutely amazing! Haha!

Also, Kon El is still acting dense. You'd think he learned tricks about mind control from his girlfriend or whatever.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Also, Kon El is still acting dense. You'd think he learned tricks about mind control from his girlfriend or whatever.
You ever been to the Phantom Zone before? You ever suffer Zone Sickness and have your mind messed up by it so severely that you can't tell what's real anymore, and all your senses dulled to such an extent that your mind has basically become mush?

You continue to act like Connor is still in his right mind and fully capable of rational thought and good judgment, when it is abundantly clear that his extended period of mental decay in the Phantom Zone (which began long before he met Zod) has completely messed him up something fierce. Much of his mental faculties are kaput.

He's practically become a mentally-disabled person and your calling him stupid. Harsh much?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The Krypton prisoners don't seem to mind. If Nightwing and the others don't start hallucinating then a better explanation would be that brain fish thing poisoned him. Cuz while Zod is supposedly a charismatic leader, he shouldn't have any mind control powers.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Krypton prisoners don't seem to mind.
They've had forty years of mental training and discipline to overcome it. They've even developed full on psychic abilities in the process. Superboy had no training or preparation for it up until he first met Zod.

If Nightwing and the others don't start hallucinating
Nightwing and pals are wearing special tech to protect themselves from the Zone's effects. We saw them put it on at the junkyard before entering the Zone.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And there we go. Miss Martian tells us what, exactly, has happened to Superboy's mentality.

His mind has degraded and deteriorated so much that he's completely regressed all the way back to his original base programming from back when Cadmus first created him.

Top Bottom