Disney animation and related media

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it when it first premiered. I hope the finale emotionally wrecks me like True Colors did.

The Owl House was fantastic today. Things are coming together beautifully. Who would have thought characters like Lilith, Raine, and Darius would have been so great and fleshed out. The emotions are high. Never thought I'd really like a character like Steve of all characters too.
Finally watched both. Darius and the beast head were good from the get go?!? That episode where they were chasing Raine was pretty intense cuz Raine and Eda were doing that withering decay spell, killing themselves just to escape notice. If they had succeeded then, holy cow, it would have been horrible.

I had to look up Steve again. I totally forgot about him.

Amphibia finale - the previous ep was longer. Both this and that are not enough. Seriously, where was Maddie kicking butt? Also Ivy? And teaming up with scissors girl, c'mooooon!

Percy and the other one, yes, I forgot their names but I wanted them back for good byes. Grimes is going to be so lonely. No backstory on Barrel or whatever the name of the original toad in the trio was?

We get the very anime cosmic scene and we never see it again?!? Marcy must be supremely disappointed to only power up once, poor girl.

Why didn't we see their talk about her being the cause of everything? A calm talk. Sasha can give her a slap before all is forgiven.

I need more humans. We didn't see the mom and dad again. They were awesome.

Urgh, too much of too little to get into. I know they can't get everything in or that everything doesn't have to tie up but, urgh, there's some small holes I want filled up.

What about the dissolving ghosts in the castle basement?

What did the colors represent? Nothing? Why does Sasha have a bird motif and the other two get nothing?

It's been an extremely fun series. Glad to have watched it.

How much longer until Owl House ends?

After that, I only have Craig of the Creek (and the Jessica spin off) to continue with, unless there's other cool toons to follow.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Finally watched both. Darius and the beast head were good from the get go?!? That episode where they were chasing Raine was pretty intense cuz Raine and Eda were doing that withering decay spell, killing themselves just to escape notice. If they had succeeded then, holy cow, it would have been horrible.

I had to look up Steve again. I totally forgot about him.

Amphibia finale - the previous ep was longer. Both this and that are not enough. Seriously, where was Maddie kicking butt? Also Ivy? And teaming up with scissors girl, c'mooooon!

Percy and the other one, yes, I forgot their names but I wanted them back for good byes. Grimes is going to be so lonely. No backstory on Barrel or whatever the name of the original toad in the trio was?

We get the very anime cosmic scene and we never see it again?!? Marcy must be supremely disappointed to only power up once, poor girl.

Why didn't we see their talk about her being the cause of everything? A calm talk. Sasha can give her a slap before all is forgiven.

I need more humans. We didn't see the mom and dad again. They were awesome.

Urgh, too much of too little to get into. I know they can't get everything in or that everything doesn't have to tie up but, urgh, there's some small holes I want filled up.

What about the dissolving ghosts in the castle basement?

What did the colors represent? Nothing? Why does Sasha have a bird motif and the other two get nothing?

It's been an extremely fun series. Glad to have watched it.

How much longer until Owl House ends?

After that, I only have Craig of the Creek (and the Jessica spin off) to continue with, unless there's other cool toons to follow.
Darius and Eberwolf were good from the start, but the audience didn't know that. Things became apparent in the episode where Darius had let the kids go and was proud of Hunter. We later all saw them working together in the Hollow Mind episode. At that point it was clear they were all trying to stop the emperor (remembering they were trying to enter the emperor's mind in order to find out what his plans were). It would have been bad had they killed themselves and the other two, but it may have stopped the plan if it won't work with coven heads missing.

Barrel had the backstory of sacrifing his life to stop the giant worm beast thing where Sasha got his hammer. He was sent out to protect the villages and died stopping it.

The dissolving ghosts were things that Andrias's ancestors had captured like the moss men.

The colors represent the colors of the gems, I don't think it's more than that.

Sasha had a bird motif because of the herons she had defeated at road tower. The motif carried over to her swords and her powers. Anne had tennis and Domino while Marcy had 20 sided dice and medieval weapons from that. So each represented an aspect of them.

Owl House has two more episodes of season 2 and three double length episodes of season 3.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Darius and Eberwolf were good from the start, but the audience didn't know that. Things became apparent in the episode where Darius had let the kids go and was proud of Hunter. We later all saw them working together in the Hollow Mind episode. At that point it was clear they were all trying to stop the emperor (remembering they were trying to enter the emperor's mind in order to find out what his plans were). It would have been bad had they killed themselves and the other two, but it may have stopped the plan if it won't work with coven heads missing.

Barrel had the backstory of sacrifing his life to stop the giant worm beast thing where Sasha got his hammer. He was sent out to protect the villages and died stopping it.

The dissolving ghosts were things that Andrias's ancestors had captured like the moss men.

The colors represent the colors of the gems, I don't think it's more than that.

Sasha had a bird motif because of the herons she had defeated at road tower. The motif carried over to her swords and her powers. Anne had tennis and Domino while Marcy had 20 sided dice and medieval weapons from that. So each represented an aspect of them.

Owl House has two more episodes of season 2 and three double length episodes of season 3.
?!?! OMG that corpse thing on the throne was Barrel!!!! Holy cow, now I remember him! Holy cow, he sorta lived almost up to the present! No closure with Andrias and Lief with him tho? Aww.

oooh yeah, Sasha did fight herons when she gained the trust of Grimes when she escaped her cell for the very first time. I thought the cheerleading was the only personal thing she did with her powers and the bird motif came out of nowhere. Whoops.

Dang, I forget stuff.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The color of the gems probably represent the colors of the Temple Trials they underwent to recharge that gems back in season 2. Marcy/Green for wisdom, Sasha/Red for courage, and Anne/Blue for empathy. Also, probably a reference to the Legend of Zelda, which also has a similar (but not the same) color scheme association for the Triforce and the Goddesses.

And, yeah, this finale was pretty great. SO ANIME! The eyeball moon was too cool. And the part with the 3 Stone Goddess was...interesting. I wonder if that's a sequel hook, given they could technically work that stuff into any show they want to work on going forward. This was pretty well done.

...Kind of have to wonder if the research they did with the portal back in the human world couldn't end up making a new portal system going forward, but I guess they didn't want to go into that. Some of that research should still be salvageable, even if they don't have the right kind of energy to pull it off yet.

Although, Anne maybe should have gotten a different job. Teaching kids about frogs is sweet and all, but when the caretaker of the multiverse says that they're tired of the entire mutliverse, and that they NEED you to take over, maybe you ought to listen and find a career that prepares you for that ...somehow? Otherwise, they might go all Omni-King from Dragon Ball Super and decide to start "pruning" universes.

(Also, if anyone's wondering, that script at the end of the credits on twitter just says "The End" in Thai. I'll admit it, I thought was a made-up language for the show...)

As for other good cartoons...I'll admit the best ones are probably all streaming shows. (ALL the He-Mans, Dragon Prince, Arcane, Young Justice, various Star Treks, etc).

Victor and Valentino had some potential, but I feel like Cartoon Network is trying to kill the show, giving it almost NO slots or reruns. It never quite got "there" for me, anyway.

The Barbarian and the Troll deserves more love. It's puppets, so not animation, but I really like it. I feel like this went under EVERYONE'S radar.

The Ghost and Molly McGee is a really cute, sweet show that I like. And it could, potentially get a "serious" twist by the season's end (a natural twist would be Molly "dying" and some evil ghost taking over her body so that the writers could better explore the ghost world...or some sort of reveal about WHY all these ghosts need to make people's lives miserable like a Cthulhu living under the town or something). I mean Amphibia started out as a slice-of-life show, too, and look how that turned out. Hard to say right now if it'll get that serious twist, or if it'll remain a "Big City Greens"-type pleasant comedy show.

And then there's Miraculous Ladybug...it's trash, but the kind of trash you can't stop watching. It seems to be pretty "popular", too.

Last edited:

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
?!?! OMG that corpse thing on the throne was Barrel!!!! Holy cow, now I remember him! Holy cow, he sorta lived almost up to the present! No closure with Andrias and Lief with him tho? Aww.

oooh yeah, Sasha did fight herons when she gained the trust of Grimes when she escaped her cell for the very first time. I thought the cheerleading was the only personal thing she did with her powers and the bird motif came out of nowhere. Whoops.

Dang, I forget stuff.
That was a different guy. https://amphibia.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_Aldo

Barrel died about a thousand years ago

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Spoilers for the Sidekicks song.
Lexington? I'm glad someone remembers Gargoyles at Disney, but he seems out of place there, since everyone else is from...at least the last 15 years of Disney. Rufus from Kim Possible is probably the only other character here even close to his age. I wonder if this means someone's trying to get a Gargoyles reboot going, I wouldn't be surprised...but I also wouldn't hold my breath, either.

And does Goofy count as a sidekick? I guess he's Mickey's sidekick sometimes, but he's also the main character just as often. I guess if Perry the Platypus counts, I guess he can count, since Perry is really the hero of his own side of the story. Cute joke about Goofy and Hop Pop sharing a voice actor, though.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Man! I dont even watch Amphibia and that shit pisses me off. They can't even forego their precious ads over the credits to allow the show to end properly!
The episode showed credits during the end uninterrupted, no shrinking screen or anything, no the real problem according to the show creator is..
Kids attention spans.

As for the episode it was great, love this series and now that it's done I definitely plan to rewatch it for any hidden gems (someone who worked on the show said Anne's line in Adventures in Catsitting "Listen, Domino is not just a cat. She's the alpha and omega. An interdimensional being beyond all time and space." was foreshadowing for the end), I wasn't prepared for the time jump end however.

Also I know they sprinkle anime references in here and there but the whole moon sequence reminded me of Symphogear's first seasons end, the girls get a super power up, fly into space, and stop a chunk of the moon from falling to Earth, oh and in the series final their hair glow like it's on fire, just like Sasha's.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I was getting Magic Knight Rayearth vibes too, between the colour-coding and Sasha's fire-hair I was half-expecting them to turn into mecha.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Spoilers for the Sidekicks song.
Lexington? I'm glad someone remembers Gargoyles at Disney, but he seems out of place there, since everyone else is from...at least the last 15 years of Disney. Rufus from Kim Possible is probably the only other character here even close to his age. I wonder if this means someone's trying to get a Gargoyles reboot going, I wouldn't be surprised...but I also wouldn't hold my breath, either.

And does Goofy count as a sidekick? I guess he's Mickey's sidekick sometimes, but he's also the main character just as often. I guess if Perry the Platypus counts, I guess he can count, since Perry is really the hero of his own side of the story. Cute joke about Goofy and Hop Pop sharing a voice actor, though.
I'd rather a Gargoyles continuation rather than a reboot. Greg Weisman still has a TON of plans for the original series' universe that a reboot would feel like chucking all of those plans out the window.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
That was a different guy. https://amphibia.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_Aldo

Barrel died about a thousand years ago
Oh dang, different guy, ok. Barrel doesn't even have descendants the way Lief did? For more closure? Aw.

Bronx would be the sidekick, else take all three young Gargoyles with Brooklyn Broadway as sidekicks with Lexington too.

I don't recognize the other singer, the guy who interrupts or the girl with the sweater.

New shows that are cool... I don't know Victor and Valentino, Barbarian and Troll. Haven't seen Ghost and Molly (though, yeah, if that turns into something like Star Versus, someone say so). I watched the first ep of the CGI Star Trek with the kids on the crew and it was ok.

I actually only start watching Western shows cuz of recommendations from Allspark. Even My Little Pony.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Oh dang, different guy, ok. Barrel doesn't even have descendants the way Lief did? For more closure? Aw.

Bronx would be the sidekick, else take all three young Gargoyles with Brooklyn Broadway as sidekicks with Lexington too.

I don't recognize the other singer, the guy who interrupts or the girl with the sweater.

New shows that are cool... I don't know Victor and Valentino, Barbarian and Troll. Haven't seen Ghost and Molly (though, yeah, if that turns into something like Star Versus, someone say so). I watched the first ep of the CGI Star Trek with the kids on the crew and it was ok.

I actually only start watching Western shows cuz of recommendations from Allspark. Even My Little Pony.
We don't know if Barrel had descendants or not. We don't know how long before he was banished and when he heroically died.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the Owl House ep. Lovely team work and animation with the kids breaking at the first part.

I actually grew to like or at least sympathize with Kikimora. Hope she does something cool and significant. She can be good or bad as long as she catches a break.

Huh, I'm trying to think of a cartoon that shows an actual divorce. Are there any?

What coven is Mrs Blight anyway? Her magic is... what?

Cool on King swinging in and saving the day.

I hope the egg is an insect and not something cute. I don't want it to be a mini fake Titan either.

I like Hunter more now that I know that he's a fake human.

I want to see a huge showdown with all the coven heads kicking good guy butt. The kids should be no match against masters. Raine, Eberwolf and Darius (and Lulu) can only confront on coven head each so the remaining can overwhelm the kids. Theeeen of course the day of unity spell would backstab the coven heads while they're winning and all that.

Top Bottom