HasLab Victory Saber

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
New video update today. Scrubbed through it with audio off, looking forward to it, apparently it has some issues that the next sample is supposed to fix. Anyone wanna place a wager on a release date?
And the video link is...where, exactly?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
He’s a whopper alright!
View attachment 6191

Yep it's a whopper alright!gif.gif

Darth_Prime

Citizen
And the video link is...where, exactly?
On Hasbro Pulse page.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
On Hasbro Pulse page.

Cheers. It's now up at YouTube:

-

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm glad the video went up on Youtube because everytime I click on the link, I end up getting redirected to the home page Automatically and cannot find it! The video its self answered my burning question about how the two combine together as all of the other stuff doesn't answer that question thou I get the feeling they are scheming when he mentions about the way Star Saber's feet connect to Victory Leo, so likely they may transfer ideas from this into future projects! My predictions for third party extras are:
Bigger Sword blade
A larger nose cone for Victory Leo Jet mode
A smaller sword for the Saber robot
A Tail for Victory Leo Beast mode

Overall, he is looking pretty good and the height of the combined form is pretty much two ER OP stood upon one another, that is my take away on that, so will look down upon most other bots as he going to be bigger than Jetfire

The Phazer

Citizen
I imagine the main third party accessories will be fillers for Leo's cannons and biceps, and covers for the inside of Saber's arms. Which it's a bit annoying is required in such an expensive toy tbh.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I imagine the main third party accessories will be fillers for Leo's cannons and biceps, and covers for the inside of Saber's arms. Which it's a bit annoying is required in such an expensive toy tbh.
And don't forget random lights, probably as actual thrusters for Victory Leo's or the combined spaceship's rear?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
TFW has new pics and you get a better sense of the size of Victory Saber

LETS SAY GO!!!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
So just about Jetfire height, then. Not bad at all! I know many wanted bigger but Jetfire is actually a good balance of 'big enough to be 'huge', not so big as to be hard to display'. This will be quite similar! My really BIG worry honestly is the plastic on the stand. I know clear can be brittle, I've repaired a great many transparent figure stands where the little clear peg has broken, and this thing's pretty heavy by the look of it. I've even got to the point where I have a standard procedure of "drill, insert penny nail, cut to length, glue, coat with nail polish" established, it's THAT repetitive.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I doult the stand for this will break easily as it appears to be pretty thick plastic, thou I'm likely to leave the stand in the box to not see the light of day for along time to come!

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
He mentions that while it's molded in translucent plastic, it will be painted silver.
I caught that, and am trying to figure out why you'd ever use translucent plastic for anything that you're going to paint over entirely....

The only answer I can come up with is "shared mold trees," but if that's the case, I have to immediately follow up with "why wasn't the sword placed on a different tree?"

Platypus Prime

Citizen
They're painting the base and brianmaster face too and they're all the same material, maybe that sort of plastic takes paint better, since the blade also has to slide into his leg and the face has to be taken out of his head for transformation?

The Phazer

Citizen
It's been pretty obvious for a while that some kind of edict has come down to try and save money by trying to crush all sprue sizes to a standard size, which is resulting in some bizarre decisions about the plastic colour items are cast in aside from the needs for different types of plastic.

It's just another tiny way things are getting worse due to cost cutting, even on pretty expensive items. And meanwhile other manufacturers have invested in having independent colour gates on the same sprues, moving injection molds to provide undercuts or hollow barrels etc.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
YouTube unboxing from today. They said it will be on display tomorrow. This still a sample model.
Looks to be worth every penny. Can’t wait to get this in hand.

I looked through stills and had several thoughts about the excess packaging flair and not really caring about the figures.....

....then I remembered I backed this.

Top Bottom