Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
From what little I've bothered to see of it, it looks like a half-assed cross between Ren and Stimpy and Beavis and Butt-Head with a sprinkling of Futurama to pretend there was something else going on.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Yeah, my taste in media is terrible, I know.
Actually, while maybe not being in the know with all of the examples given, the basic points you made are actually spot on and a big reason (though far from the only reason) why it's hard for me to give a crap about mainline DC and Marvel these days.

But I'd like to add, not only do multi-verses make it too easy to cop out on writing (and therefore kill any suspense), it also makes everything just too damn confusing for anyone trying to jump (back) into a series.

Well there's that, but also...just how many X-titles are readers expected to keep up on in order to understand any one of them. Cause when I bailed on Marvel several years ago, it was quite a few.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It's funny when R&M fans claim the show is intellectual. Not really, they whip us whatever BS "science" they want to do whatever and everything goes back to status quo anyway.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My teacher said to my I'm a failure, that I'll never amount to anything. I scoffed at him. Shocked, my teacher asked what's so funny, my future is on the line. "Well...you see professor" I say as the teacher prepares to laugh at my answer, rebuttal at hand. "I watch Rick and Morty." The class is shocked, they merely watch pleb shows like the big bang theory to feign intelligence, not grasping the humor. "...how? I can't even understand it's sheer nuance and subtlety." "Well you see...WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!" One line student laughs in the back, I turn to see a who this fellow genius is. It's none other than Albert Einstein.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
YUC92cj.jpeg

Happy 66th birthday, Homer.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Wow! Well into retirement age and he's still got kids in elementary and a baby besides...poor guy!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been ghosted so many times on the job hunt that at this point I'm genuinely happy when they tell me I've been rejected. They noticed me!

Top Bottom