Studio Series discussion

RCX

Citizen
I
Did Thundercracker have the Blitzwing face in the film? I imagine he must have, just didn't realize that Starscream may have had his own face distinct from Thundercracker and Skywarp (Thrust and Blitzwing having the same face was something I was aware of).
I slow-mo'd that scene, and although it's quite tough to see, it appears Thundercracker does indeed have the Blitzwing face with the 2 extra "gasmask hookups" for lack of a better descriptor.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Sideways, too.
Studio-Series-ROTF-Sideways-02.jpg
Studio-Series-ROTF-Sideways-12.jpg

I really hope the next movie adds more color to the designs, because seeing all-grey Sideways alongside all-grey Galvatron while waiting for the all-grey Fallen in a line full of all-grey robots is kinda insane. Makes me wish Toy Colors was a thing for the Movieverse figures.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Sideways, too.
View attachment 5964View attachment 5963

I really hope the next movie adds more color to the designs, because seeing all-grey Sideways alongside all-grey Galvatron while waiting for the all-grey Fallen in a line full of all-grey robots is kinda insane. Makes me wish Toy Colors was a thing for the Movieverse figures.

I think that figure would look better if it was done in black with a hint of orange

Cybersnark

Citizen
That vehicle mode is unfortunate.
The mold is fine (as far as SS molds go; nobody's buying these for vehicle accuracy), but yeah, it could use some more detailed paint (or just better thought-out; I get that some of those parts in the door may be unpaintable plastic, but they'd probably be less obtrusive if the "running board" was left uncovered too, regardless of movie accuracy).

At least Sideways' previous toys all added some red in robot mode to offset all the grey.

Based on the other pictures, it looks like those hinges on his back were one revision away from being able to fold his kibble into an approximation of a jet pack. 😔

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I

I slow-mo'd that scene, and although it's quite tough to see, it appears Thundercracker does indeed have the Blitzwing face with the 2 extra "gasmask hookups" for lack of a better descriptor.
Yeah it seems everyone but Starscream has the Blitzwing face.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Galvatron is a good take, seemingly basically the same sort of inside-out-unfolding as the AOE one but with a better backpack.

I wish the chest sculpt was a bit more raised/3D. Also the arms are a bit weedy, but perhaps that's just the angle. Both are likely constrained due to the transformation and how everything needs to be packed away in altmode, but the first one did those a bit better.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
There have been rumors to that effect.

Unless a really outstanding interpretation (which I doubt with less that Voyager cost structure, like what happened with Hot Rod), I find it hard to get too excited about another Arcee after 2 years of the existing ER mold, plus Legacy and BB Movie iterations due, or out, at this point.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
TFW2005 has the scoop on a possible first look at that Arcee and people are saying she might have some retooling. Image is too small for me to tell.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
TFW2005 has the scoop on a possible first look at that Arcee and people are saying she might have some retooling. Image is too small for me to tell.

That would be a big improvement over the ER one.

Top Bottom