Potential CW Sale and the end of the Arrowverse

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
John Diggle guest-starred in an episode, at a point when he was guest-starring in one episode of every Arrowverse show in lieu of a traditional annual crossover thanks to the pandemic.
Also, Jenna Dewan reprised her role as Lucy Lane from when she first played her all the way back in CBS's Supergirl season 1.

Shadewing

Citizen
Not surprised, but I also file this under "and nothing of value was lost." This series was just constantly one of their weaker efforts over all, and just never had much of a following to my knowledge. Almost never seen anyone talking about it, and when I did; it was usually not praise.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I wonder if that means Gotham Knights is getting a chance or not, according to that other rumor.

I actually didn't hate Batwoman. Replacing the main character was a bit hard to swallow, but they did it alright, after a while. I'd say it was middle of the pack, as far as the Arroweverse goes. Not one of the best, but not the worst, either. But they ended it on a good-enough place. The only real plot point left hanging is the mystery monster at the end of the last episode. As far as superhero soap operas go, it did....okay.

*crosses fingers that Legends of Tomorrow gets one last season or special or something*

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well crud. That ended right as they introduced Booster Gold. But Legends was losing focus of any semblance of a coherent plot.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Wow, I jinxed that pretty hard. So, if the other rumor is true, I guess that means Naomi and Gotham Knights will be moving forward?

I'm going to really miss Legends. It turned into a show that was a lot of fun. Mind you, it was losing cast members left and right, so it was only a matter of time before it got the axe. I was just hoping they'd be able to give it one last season to send it off with style. This is a shame. Maybe the last season of Flash can work in a episode to tie up some loose ends for some of these shows? Even that's probably too much to hope for. *sigh*

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, I thought it had been said somewhere that Season 7 was going to be the last one for Legends, but then its finale felt anything but final with its big cliffhanger.

At least The Flash acknowledged Booster Gold, so that show could choose to pick up his story.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Yeah, I thought it had been said somewhere that Season 7 was going to be the last one for Legends, but then its finale felt anything but final with its big cliffhanger.

At least The Flash acknowledged Booster Gold, so that show could choose to pick up his story.
I haven't even been following the show for a while, but I'm extremely annoyed that the show ends on a cliffhanger.

This is a major pet peeve of mine. STOP ENDING SEASONS ON CLIFFHANGERS BEOFRE YOU'RE RENEWED!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I haven't even been following the show for a while, but I'm extremely annoyed that the show ends on a cliffhanger.

This is a major pet peeve of mine. STOP ENDING SEASONS ON CLIFFHANGERS BEOFRE YOU'RE RENEWED!
It was a good season over all. Very funny in places and very emotional in others. It would have been a good final season to go out on had its finale felt more like an ending.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Some of the Legends cast say goodbye:

And the showrunner addresses the cliffhanger, sorta.
Basically, they're just hoping to wrap it up in a comic or something, someday, maybe.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Naomi gets cancelled after one season.
...I'll admit I'm a little surprised they cancelled this one this early.

Mind you...personally, I think the show was pretty poor. It felt SO stretched out, and very little happened in it. I don't feel like they used the "comic book fan" aspect of the show as well as they could have.

But, this is another nail in the DC/CW coffin. Superman and Lois and Stargirl are the only ones left. Flash is probably ending next season. And, I've even betting we might see Stargirl get cancelled after season 3 airs later this year...or they'll move it to HBO Max, one of the two.

Shadewing

Citizen
COnsidering how good Gotham was, I'm fine giving this a chance; especially with the Harper and Cullen supposedly involved.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well...it's not so "Potential" anymore...

WB has sold the majority of it's ownership in the CW to Nexstar. It's been a long time coming, but it's kind of sad to see.

I'm not sure what this means for Superman and Lois, but this next season might be it's last. Gotham Knights hasn't even STARTED yet, and it might already be on the chopping block. Same might be true for Stargirl. And we already know the next season of Flash will be it's last. Unless HBO Max saves some of these shows, it's probably over. And...um...given the new management, I wouldn't hold out much hope. If any of them survive, I'm betting on Stargirl. Stargirl's survived one streaming service implosion already, it might just survive the end of a network.

I have a surprisingly high amount of nostalgia tied up in this little network. Supernatural, iZombie, Veronica Mars, (original) Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer....Kids WB, my goodness. Kids WB was a BIG part of my childhood. *SIGH* They've all been gone for years, but this still hurts.

And, with Riverdale ending, I honestly worry about Archie Comic's future in general, but that might be a topic for a different thread.

Sad to see it go. End of a era.

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Justice U is officially not happening.
Poor Diggle. None of the Spin-offs they tried to make for him worked out at all.

Also, the current president of the CW says that superhero shows are it's past, not it's future.

I think that's been obvious. But, since James Gunn has said they want to keep Superman & Lois alive, maybe they'll move to Max? We'll see.

Apparently, Gotham Knights is REALLY cheap to make. So that might be the last DC left standing, if any shows remain on the CW at all.

Top Bottom