2022 Celebrity Death Thread

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Neal Adams, Comic Book Artist Who Revitalized Batman and Fought for Creators' Rights, Dies at 80

This is one of the sadder deaths to me in terms of comics.

His work on Batman was one of the quintessential runs, so important that his stylings would define the character's look for decades. It's a degree of impact few can lay claim to (others being John Romita's work on Spider-Man and Jim Lee's X-Men work)

Nevermore

Citizen
Man. Pérez was awesome.
AVJLA003.jpg

Who else could pull this off?

Teufel

Citizen
Damn, loved Vangelis' scores. Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner are the most well known, but 1492: Conquest of Paradise is probably my favorite. Flawed movie, but so much beauty and emotion packed into the music. The man did not do background noise.

Also can't talk about his work without mentioning that end credit theme for The Bounty.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i met george perez at a convention. he was one of the nicest, most calm people i've ever met who were involved with comics, and the world's less bright without him.

Teufel

Citizen
Ah, damn, Ray Liotta. He'll always be iconic for Goodfellas which is a great film, but I still think of him first as Tommy Vercetti.

ezgif.com-gif-maker2.gif

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Recently, Svengoolie (a horror movie host) had a tribute to George Perez, who was a fan of his show. And showed off some custom art that George made for him with two of Sven's favorite characters along with his coffin from the show.
z072916perez_svengoolie.png

Top Bottom