Disney animation and related media

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I think Fern is in the background shots from time to time. I remember her appearance, but this was the first time she did anything of significance.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw new Amphibia and Owl House.

I always liked Fixit Froggy (haha). Guess it's a general trope for him to get undone and be awesome. Though I would have liked him to be effective without losing his organized ness. Like, you can be an organized badass.

I forgot about the two headed monster. I thought they were creepy the first time. But I was genuinely frightened for them when they surged out into the sunlight.

Willow working out was great. Would have been nice if her friends supported her through her fitness journey. Seems like she was on her own. The story became all about Hunter tho.

All the speculations were fun but I'm sure we're directed at other concepts. I'm sad to find that Amity was alone in her fandom.

I feel such a disconnect with how the bad guys and good guys are being civil with each other cuz I don't see the reason for them not to go all out already.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Eda and the Owl House were too powerful for anything to be done that wasn't really an all out war. Now that she doesn't have traditional witch magic, there isn't as much as a desire for the emperor to do anything with her, as he already made an example of her once and everyone can see how it's impacted her. The emperor doesn't see anyone as a threat, at least to the point that it's worth of his attention. He's been busy with things related to the day of unity, including building a portal. The day of unity is supposed to take care of any concerns the emperor may have.

The latest episodes of both series aired yesterday.

I am glad that Sasha and Marcy may be able to get their anime powers back too.

Owl House's revelation was very touching. I liked that Ed and Em are not as pretty as we were shown. More realistic teens. Amity and Luz are very open and understanding and something couples should aspire to.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw them, thanks for the heads up, hehe

Owl House, Belos might not care for Eda but Luz should be important to him, since she's human buuuuut I guess since Hunter gave him the Titan's Blood in the pocket, he's doesn't care about her IF his portal door is working? But, as evil warlords go, he really should be hunting her down.

Of course, seeing how the human was before (in the time travel ep, if that human IS Belos), the attitude he displayed on using and discarding people would fit with the behavior. Belos won't care about anyone unless they're useful to him at that moment? Maybe?

Anyhow, the new eps. Yeeeeeah, seeing the twins like that kinda destroys illusions about them, haha. And, dang it, they had a Brawl episode! I wanted it to be a FULL fighters focused ep! Like Winner Take All in Teen Titans. Or Toph's debut ep. Or Korra's winning bending match.

Or they could have had Luz and Amity have a round together and they playfully fight tooth and nail to see who wears the pants in the relationship, hahahaha

Still super weird that Hunter is their sorta friend, haha. Cute that he sent a pic of his Palisman, aaaaaaw

---

Amphibia. The info from the Queen doesn't really do much. How does she even know what anime means? Haha. But I hope Marcy and Sasha's powers are different. Has their been an explanation as to what power Anne has and how it translates to... Energy manipulation?

I would question how Sprig is suddenly one of the best commandoes ever but since Polly is amazing in battle, I'm sure it's in their bloodline and he's a prodigy. I actually forgot about Beatrix.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Watching Amphibia.

A - I forgot that character! I should breeze through the first season for stuff they seeded. And using Loggle for recruitment that was is wrong, haha

B - WTFrog?!?!? That's what it's all about?! Holy cow!!!!

Saw Owl House. Stop cutting the intro song! It's amazing! I don't want the shortened version either.

Totally called the glyph combos thing btw.

I'm not into Eda or Raine but whooooa would have loved to see more of that final challenge. They also made Snapdragon kinda cool. Also, that was totally a Cenobite.

Raine is still considered trans?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Raine is non-binary and goes by they/them. Both actors that played them are non-binary (definitely the adult version, I believe so for the young one too).

It was very nice to see how they met Eda and the beginning of their relationship.

Jeremy the beetle was on a couple season 1 episodes of Amphibia. Gary was on one episode in season 1.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I don't know how they do it, but the Owl House is firing on all cylinders every week. The latest episode where they enter the emperor's mind... 😱

Autobubbs

Citizen
Reading through Owl House discussions on Twitter. Someone compared Belos to X-men villain William Stryker.

Zealot who murdered family because 'religion', forms army to 'protect humanity' from the 'devil's children', not afraid to kill children in his crusade.

Yeah... I'd say that is an adequate comparison.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw both.

Amphibia - for once, I remember both the cavalier and the pet. They honestly should have attempted a men in tights song sequence, haha. All the leg stuff was hilarious! I know it a a typical trope of gathering the armies but I like how it's villains that are joining the crew.

Also, that's an L in the secret room so how far back was she an ancestor of the Plantars? Andrias is about a 1000 years old, I think.

Owl House - so those making the spell is Raine... the abomination maker with glasses is a Blight? Who's the hairy short person? Can't be the beast kid headmaster.

Did Belos really acknowledge that he's Phillip? Cuz I don't thiiiiink he actually said it. I thought it was obvious before but now, I don't think so. Wasn't there a mention of a brother other something before? (Wasn't there? I can't be confusing this with Gravity Falls Stan and Stanford). He says he's Hunter's uncle but maybe Hunter isn't even a blood relative.

The Collector looks cool. But... what is he? Is he bouncing around in Belos' mind for real or some sort of memory thing?

Also doesn't explain why Belos wants to do this. Like, if he was a human trapped in the Boiling Isle, he wants to destroy wild magic there because... what?

Autobubbs

Citizen
Owl House - so those making the spell is Raine... the abomination maker with glasses is a Blight? Who's the hairy short person? Can't be the beast kid headmaster.

Did Belos really acknowledge that he's Phillip? Cuz I don't thiiiiink he actually said it. I thought it was obvious before but now, I don't think so. Wasn't there a mention of a brother other something before? (Wasn't there? I can't be confusing this with Gravity Falls Stan and Stanford). He says he's Hunter's uncle but maybe Hunter isn't even a blood relative.

The Collector looks cool. But... what is he? Is he bouncing around in Belos' mind for real or some sort of memory thing?

Also doesn't explain why Belos wants to do this. Like, if he was a human trapped in the Boiling Isle, he wants to destroy wild magic there because... what?

No, The Abomination maker is Darius (friend/Rival to Ammity's dad), and the short one is the head of the beast coven.

He did, and it was.

Last new episode of the first half of the season, town lore was it was founded by two brothers, and the crazy guy said they where pulled away by witches.

Hunter is actually a Grimwalker, which as far as we've figured out is a clone/homunculus of sorts. The way things sound, and according to some of the blink-and-you-miss-it memory panels from the background, Belos/Phillip likely murdered his brother, and has been making 'improved versions' for centuries... which he kills once they grow a concience.

Therein lies the mystery. This was a memory from inside the castle, and it's rhyming mention something about it being sealed away, and further suggested that whatever Belos is up to will free him to 'play forever more'.

He's aa human from the Witch-Trial era in a world full of magic. He was taught to despise and fear 'witches' and 'demons'. Like he bragged to Luz, which really sold the Stryker comparrison to me, he thinks he's saving the Humanity from their Evil.

Belos has been playing the long game for several lifetimes, leaving bodies and broken palismans in his wake. When Luz & Lillith went back in time, the term 'Witch' wasn't common place. In that time he's managed to con the populace into weakening themselves by adhering to the Coven System, even getting them to refer to each other using his slurs. Just what his endgame is, other than kill/depower all witches during an eclipse, we will have to wait and see.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
It should also be pointed out that the panels show Belos's brother falling in love and impregnating a witch. Theories suggest that they are a descendant of the Clawthornes (Hunter has a couple of things that resemble Eda's father in particular).

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh, I just checked the ending again and was going to add the Witch Hunter as his motivation. And the explanation was how he answered Luz by saying 'cant reason with crazy' before he nearly axed her.

Also figured Hunter is a fake, or a growing copy of the brother. Is he an abomination?

I didn't notice the blink or miss it panels! The brother got a witch pregnant?!? I'm going to look again! Thanks thanks!

Edit - sooooo why would Darius and the beast coven be working with Raine?!? How many eps do we have left?!

InShot_20220425_221454978.jpg

These are the pics I could make out.
There's some wild girl.
An introduction.
A knife fight.
Looks like a hand coming out of the floor.
Some witch driving away somebody.

Holy cow, I missed a whole lot!

Last edited:

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen

-Brothers playing during witch hunts
-Brothers doing more
-Older brother (original Hunter) carving mask for younger brother (Bellos)
-more playing, now with mask
-brothers being invited to Boiling Aisles
-adult Bellos in Boiling Aisles
-Bellos angry at brother and pregnant partner
-Bellos starts using magic on himself and changes
-brother still loves Bellos
-brother introduces Bellos to wife / partner
-brothers have knife fight
-brother (Hunter original) dead from knife fight (Bellos with blood is reflected in the knife)
-witch wife attacks Bellos
-Bellos approaching other witches
-glyphs on arms
-Bellos sucking energy from palisman
-masked Bellos
-Bellos with changed face (how he looks now)

Attachments

• 20220423_200817.jpg
    20220423_200817.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 52

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Oh, I just checked the ending again and was going to add the Witch Hunter as his motivation. And the explanation was how he answered Luz by saying 'cant reason with crazy' before he nearly axed her.

Also figured Hunter is a fake, or a growing copy of the brother. Is he an abomination?

I didn't notice the blink or miss it panels! The brother got a witch pregnant?!? I'm going to look again! Thanks thanks!

Edit - sooooo why would Darius and the beast coven be working with Raine?!? How many eps do we have left?!

View attachment 5821
These are the pics I could make out.
There's some wild girl.
An introduction.
A knife fight.
Looks like a hand coming out of the floor.
Some witch driving away somebody.

Holy cow, I missed a whole lot!
Darius and Eberwolf are working with Raine as none of them want what Bellos wants. They all figure it's bad news for everyone with magic powers (Warden Wrath warned it wasn't just wild magic that was in jeopardy). This all ties back to the sigils the coven members have. They can be harmed through these.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen

-Brothers playing during witch hunts
-Brothers doing more
-Older brother (original Hunter) carving mask for younger brother (Bellos)
-more playing, now with mask
-brothers being invited to Boiling Aisles
-adult Bellos in Boiling Aisles
-Bellos angry at brother and pregnant partner
-Bellos starts using magic on himself and changes
-brother still loves Bellos
-brother introduces Bellos to wife / partner
-brothers have knife fight
-brother (Hunter original) dead from knife fight (Bellos with blood is reflected in the knife)
-witch wife attacks Bellos
-Bellos approaching other witches
-glyphs on arms
-Bellos sucking energy from palisman
-masked Bellos
-Bellos with changed face (how he looks now)
That's absolutely crazy! Wow!
Weird that adult Hunter still looks like a kid to me, haha.

I can see Eberwolf being against destroying Wild Magic. Cuz he (she?) is wild. Haha.

Dunno about Darius. Unless he's faking being all concerned about fashion and cleanliness.

Top Bottom