Transformers Legacy toyline

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From the front page. Is this Legacy? Whatever it is, the mold is looking dead sexy in these colors.
IMG_20220423_205002.jpg
IMG_20220423_204800.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh hey. That's pretty cool. Honestly I'd forgotten about so many of these leaked details, it's all blurring together. Thanks. Do hope this 4pack isn't a pain to get.

Lobjob

Citizen
Snagged Blaster and he is just a perfect rendition. Very cool, totally Blaster, Blaster. Box, checked.

Looking at that Parasite pack ( wonderful idea) I hope Hasbro and Takara eventually use their new Diaclone stuff as the basis for a future TF series. Overall Legacy is a step in a great direction, but I mean, we can only keep repeating G1 for so long...right?

*laughs quietly*

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Hmm. I want the Deluxe Insecticons but I don't really want to need a $90 gift set for one of them. I am torn as to weather I want this Ransack to look good.

-ZacWilliam, assuming it will be a Kickback recolor I think it will probably not look as G1 as I'd like reguardless, so maybe no worries?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Can SOMEONE answer if the "Saw Blade" will actually SPIN? If it will, then I won't miss the original gimmick. (Maybe there will be a conspicuous notch on the tool that can hold a Cyber key?)

I thought the saw blade splitting to reveal a simple lighting effect was lame, when a spinning-gimmick for the very obvious circular-blade would've been much for functional and fun. (Plus, in-universe, it mean Metroplex himself is not Cyber-Key compatible but it's his weapon that's 'worthy'.)
It spins, it makes ratcheting sounds when it does. The guys went nuts for that for some reason....

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kids who grew up during the UT are getting to the age where they begin to feel nostalgic.

I care [/LukeSkywalker]
Yeah, I get that, but the toy was late in the third toyline of the UT trilogy, expensive, and has very little media tied to it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had the original but sold it. For me, it was just a poor-man's G1 Metroplex, and this new version just seems to be a poor man's version of that, like a cheaper, bigger, more expensive, but somehow less impressive KO of the original.

I am hoping that the next titan will be either Tidalwave or Animated Omega Supreme.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oddly Enough I never knew of the other Optimus Primes in G2 until years later. I was in High school near the end of Beast Wars when I first saw a friends Hero Optimus Prime. And Laser Optimus wasn't a thing to me until the Unicron Trilogy era, looking up stuff on TF Wiki. With RiD Scourge being ToysRUs exclusive I never had the idea that the toy existed. So for me it was always the old redeco with the sound box vs my younger brother's big Green and Purple Tank.

My first time I saw him was in the G2 comic in the late 90s. I never saw the toy until RID2000 came out and I saw Scourge and heard about people talking about LROP.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The box art is certainly eye catching. That may not matter much if this ends up being an online exclusive, but box collectors are going to love it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
…but enough about Fortress Maximus ;)
Point taken. Fort Max at least had a prominent role in the comics for a while, as well as the notorious honor of being the largest TF toy from 87 until Generations Metroplex.

Top Bottom