Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm fine with Menasor being the only Combiner re-do. The rest of CW worked out pretty well but Menasor was rough.

Mensor was a extremly flawed figure and I would say the worse of the torso bots between CW & POTP, the next worse would be Grimlock, great as a stand alone figure but the combined form was rather lacking, the only good ground vehicle had to be the Hotspot/Onslaught/Inferno as far as torso bots go, the other two were planes thou I think the Silverbolt one was the best as it got retooled a couple of times to give us some other combiners, of the other two flyers I would say that the Skylynx one takes second place but this is just my personal view

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
View attachment 5544

I honestly laughed out loud when I saw the vehicle mode, as the colours are so very, very p*ss-poor. It was interesting that the Hasbro bloke gushed that this was the first "genuine" mold designed for Elita, even though it's a remold of Minerva that's been released first (a premold).
? That vehicle mold looks a LOT more like Elita-1's cartoon alt mode than anything Minerva's ever had.

I do understand that the latter is being done from this mold, but this is the first I've heard "premold" asserted. Even if that's true, I'd question the idea that Elita-1 was a mere afterthought.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I mean when Elita-1's entire robot mode design (minus her head and colors, obviously) matches Minerva's comic design exactly and one of the weapons matches how the original toy's gun looked (just in transparent blue), I'd say it's fair to say that the mold was designed to be Minerva first and then the Elita-1 version of the mold was just the first version of the mold to get an official reveal.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I mean when Elita-1's entire robot mode design (minus her head and colors, obviously) matches Minerva's comic design exactly and one of the weapons matches how the original toy's gun looked (just in transparent blue), I'd say it's fair to say that the mold was designed to be Minerva first and then the Elita-1 version of the mold was just the first version of the mold to get an official reveal.
Does comic Minerva look like anime Minerva, or did she look like Legacy Minerva who looks like Legacy Elita-1?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The price hike is kind of hard to get past, now. Really feeling it over here, as the prices have almost doubled locally compared to where they were for most of WFC. I may slow down even more on these.

Jhiaxus is so deliciously silly looking in altmode, and the possibly milky white plastic isn't the best look, but it's so dead-on Jhiaxus that he's an instant get.

Wonder if Elita is indeed a Minerva pretool; would make sense. If she is, I'll likely wait for that version. I appreciate that they went and incorporated her signature bits in altmode right down to the roof hat, but it doesn't really wow me overall.

Tarantulas, though, will be a get. Intrigued to see Inferno now. They're doing a better job with the BW crew than the Prime crew, perhaps because the departures are much more limited. Knock Out looks swank, though.

I do not understand how in the hell they could arrive at the conclusion that SIEGE Soundwave is what people were clamoring for. That's spectacularly off-base. Maybe that was part of the Walmart exclusivity somehow? I can't imagine how, but it makes as much (non)sense as this choice. Bizarre.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Now I'm curious if we'll see the other combiners done similarly to this, but I can't imagine what the "trailer" kibble would be for most of them. Feels like onslaught is the only one that might be able to get away with it.

Also it's interesting that It's just Predacon Tarantulas but Jhiaxus is "G2 Universe Jhiaxus"

So G2 is considered a different universe but beast wars isn't? :D
G2 is an offshoot of the US Marvel G1 comic,
Seems we get four timelines:
Marvel US - Regeneration One (A Deathbringer incident)
Marvel US - Generation 2
Marvel UK - Aspects of Evil
Marvel UK - 'Peace'.

Of course there's Timelines and classics and god knows what BEast Wars comes from Dreamwave did seem to try and build a continuity toward it.
The toy itself seems to come from another universe where the G2 comic was animated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-13-15-24-47_1.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-13-15-24-47_1.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 63

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
? That vehicle mold looks a LOT more like Elita-1's cartoon alt mode than anything Minerva's ever had.

I do understand that the latter is being done from this mold, but this is the first I've heard "premold" asserted. Even if that's true, I'd question the idea that Elita-1 was a mere afterthought.
Elita 1.jpg

You're right. I didn't know that. It's certainly a step in the right direction but, considering that she's had so many recent releases in different lines, I wouldn't be surprised if a more accurate version was released in a few years' time?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The Elita One figure, kind of makes me think we could get a retool into Drift from IDW 1.0 if the car parts hanging off the back of the robot mode could flip over the top of the arms and a different chest we could get a new Drfit

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
No, just give Drift his own new mold (though I'd still take a remolded Siege Springer as Drift).

I am a little frustrated that Legacy Elita still isn't quite a "pure" or dedicated Elita-1 design (sharing the base mold with Minerva), but I am also kind of glad, because trying to replicate her cartoon bot mode would just end with another Earthrise Arcee scenario. Legacy Elita may not look like she jumped off the screen, but she looks (mostly) like an actual transformer.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
View attachment 5564

You're right. I didn't know that. It's certainly a step in the right direction but, considering that she's had so many recent releases in different lines, I wouldn't be surprised if a more accurate version was released in a few years' time?
That's not Elita's real cartoon model. It's a fanmade one.

This is (a preliminary version of) her real one:

5BXcRpj.jpg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The tininess of the original is the charm. The components are tiny and barebones simple, but Hasbro squeezed one last tiny combiner out of them. It's the closest we got to a Micromaster Combiner over here until we got the actual Micromaster Combiner molds in Universe.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Monstructor yes, but at a size comparable to the CW/PotP teams.
Didn’t Hasbro tool up some alternate parts for Dinoking (aka, Japanese Monstructor)?

I’m expecting a new Road Ceaser myself. The Brainmasters aren’t far off from the Stunticons in alt mode or broad robot design. Could well incorporate Thunderclash as the torso and add a new member to fill out the team. Might well be incorporated into other thoughts of a “Turbomaster” Combiner (Hyperious Maximus?)

Shadewing

Citizen
The tininess of the original is the charm. The components are tiny and barebones simple, but Hasbro squeezed one last tiny combiner out of them. It's the closest we got to a Micromaster Combiner over here until we got the actual Micromaster Combiner molds in Universe.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a 'normal' sized version; but I'd really like to see them try to do a six-man combiner at core class and what kinda engineering feats they come up with to make it work. This team can be very impressive and creative.

Top Bottom