Transformers Legacy toyline

NovaSaber

Citizen
Why is Motormaster's head black instead of grey? I know the cartoon model had more black in robot mode than the G1 toy (which is the only reason "make the robot mode from just the cab" is even possible without screwing up the colors of one mode), but his head was usually grey.

Disappointed that Soundwave is the Siege one instead of the Earthrise/Netflix one.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm all in on these reveals. Jhiaxus is exactly what I've wanted since I read the G2 comics. Motormaster looks good, a real step up from the combiner wars. Knockout is decent, Elita looks lovely. Tarantulus is bloody amazing.

overall very happy.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Now, I like Elita 1 and have already pre-ordered her, but I saw this pointed out and now I can't un-see it. Potential crossover confirmed?

Homerita 1.png

Shadewing

Citizen
Elita's car mode looks like it was designed by Homer Simpson, and highly annoyed that they couldn't bother given Knockout his own mold like Arcee and Bulkhead. And Hasbro continues their streak of failure this wave by re-releasing the Soundwave NO ONE wants.

At this point I'm just surprised Jhiaxus wasn't a Siege seeker retool.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Elita's car mode looks like it was designed by Homer Simpson, and highly annoyed that they couldn't bother given Knockout his own mold like Arcee and Bulkhead. And Hasbro continues their streak of failure this wave by re-releasing the Soundwave NO ONE wants.

At this point I'm just surprised Jhiaxus wasn't a Siege seeker retool.
What mold is Knockout sharing?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
See, this is why we're so nitpicky. Because when Hasbro decides to do something right and not blow it right at the finish line because they ran into some dumb rules they chose to impose on themselves in the first place for reasons they alone know... they can actually do what they do better than anybody.

In other words Menasor is perfect. They did what everyone else is doing, but also made it CW compatible in case you hate the cartoon limbs or only wanted to replace Motormaster anyway, and they did it at no obvious detriment to the cartoon look they were aiming for. It's just a simple swap. Oh and this also means the new limb bots don't have to make any sacrifices to include CW pegs. They're fully committed to doing their thing well. You can buy the old ones (or dig them out of storage) if you want options.

And look. No clear plastic weapons because they decided to impose a line-wide gimmick on themselves. They just committed to making a good Menasor.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Jhiaxus looked really cool. Some of the engineering touches on Motormaster are neat (but painted windows are really inexcusable). Knock-out and Tarantulus are neat. Elita looks awful. Eesh.

Making Soundwave a release of the Siege toy rather than the Earthrise one would feel pretty insulting if I didn't already have it.
I'm still more in favor of painted windows than clear plastic. Besides the concerns about fragility, I don't need to see the inner workings of the Transformer.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Feels like a much stronger wave than the first we saw. I just tried to check and the Transformers Legacy website is down. Maybe they're updating with info on the new figures. Kind of feels like the translucent weapons don't seem quite as prevalent as in wave 1, but the extra weapons are always welcome.

Elita 1 is fine. Not a character I feel I need nor does the design really speak to me. Plus I'll probably be getting Minerva and I'm trying to cut the double dips.
Wild Rider looks dang solid. GREAT alt mode, and I like the consistency with the solid weapons that we saw with Drag Strip. Not going in on the Stunticons, but I'm eager to see what they retool him into. The overall design looks better than what we got in Combiner Wars.
Knock Out is...kind of what we all expected. Prime is down to 1-2 on the representation in this line. I like the changes on the alt mode, but as a representation for Knock Out...I'm not feeling it.
Predacon Tarantulas is FANTASTIC. It really does come across that they may have spent a LITTLE more time on him. I appreciate the inclusion of his Transmetal weapon as well.

Seige Soundwave is what I expected. I'm sure there's some sort of bean counter/bureaucratic reason for the decision not to use the Netflix iteration, but still a bit disappointing. Does look better without the damage deco, and I'd be game for many other Siege characters to be rereleased without that effect.
Jhiaxus is really impressive. I was afraid it'd be a repeat of Thrilling 30 where he was an afterthought retool, but this is probably as good a Jhiaxus as we'd ever really get from Hasbro. And it IS very good. Kind of makes me curious about the rumored Armada Starscream retool rumored. If anything, I think the design would lend itself more to a Machine Wars/Transtech Starscream

I'm really impressed with some the engineering novelty involved with Motormaster and Menasor. With all the fussing over costs and part reductions, there are some really novel elements at play. Again, the Stunticon aren't my bag, but I'd be VERY curious how retools (like the rumored Thunderclash) would turn out. I didn't get the Stunticons back in 2015, not really up to getting them now, but I can certainly appreciate the work they've put into it.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen

-Zacwilliam, We'll, there's a toy I'm buying at least twice...
Seconded. I still love Amazonian PotP Elita, so this'll be a good excuse reason to get this new mold. =P
What mold is Knockout sharing?
Studio Series Jazz's - or rather, his engineering and overall proportions. I have to say, I do appreciate that he has enough distinct changes in his var mode bits to differentiate him from Jazz... but like Bulkhead, he looks kind of off to me with that G1-style blockiness. The original Prime Knockout had curves with some sharp spikey angles sticking out of places, and Legacy Knockout looks naked without them. Even his head looks rounded off; maybe it's just because it's missing that super-tall head crest.
They did what everyone else is doing, but also made it CW compatible in case you hate the cartoon limbs or only wanted to replace Motormaster anyway, and they did it at no obvious detriment to the cartoon look they were aiming for. It's just a simple swap. Oh and this also means the new limb bots don't have to make any sacrifices to include CW pegs. They're fully committed to doing their thing well. You can buy the old ones (or dig them out of storage) if you want options.
What I want to know is how much of the trailer is required to allow Legacy Motormaster to combine with the CW limb-bots; from the looks of it, at least two of the CW ports are in said trailer (visible on the front of the trailer and base modes), along with Menasor's chestplate. I like it when TFs - especially combiners - are almost wholly self-contained, and it would kind of suck to form Menasor using this guy and the CW limb-bots, but have leftover trailer bits sitting off to the side. =( Also, if I did get this guy, I'd miss CW Motormaster's larger, beefier proportions that helped him further stand out from most of his line-mates, as well as the more Viking-styled horns on Menasor's head.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I am most stunned by Tarantulus (prefer the BWX spelling; sorry). I had low expectations since not all of the Kingdom beast toys are amazing - Cheetor and Scorponok bring the worst offenders - but I can't really find anything wrong with Tarantulas. He's amazing. I hope we get him redecoed in the Fox Kids silver Transmetal colors.

Menasor looks like he will be amazing, and I'm happy to finally get something close to a proper Motormaster.

And yes, reusing the Siege SW mold rather than the Netflix/Earthrise version is incredibly dumb. I feel confident that it will eventually see rerelease, however.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Motormaster is...pretty much what I expect. I'm still waiting to see what he'll look like with all of his car limbs in place. And to see if he really is backwards compatible with CW. I'm interested because Motormaster/Menasor was the weakest CW torso by far, but there's too many unknowns right now to tell if this will be an upgrade or not.

Knockout...well I expressed how Bulkhead, despite being a great toy, felt "off" because he wasn't really Prime Bulkhead. I feel the same about Knockout. I have the mould he's based on. I know he'll be good. But it just feels "off."

Blitzwing looks like he'll be fun. It's not perfect but it's G1 Blitzwing. It is what it is. And he looks fun for what he is.

Tarantulas looks superb.

Elita looks like the first genuinely good female carformer. It's obviously going to be retooled into Minerva and I'll buy both!

Jhiaxus is incredible. No trying to make him work with someone else's mould, just straight up G2 comic book Jhiaxus in all of his insanity.

Wildrider is a big question mark. He looks fine...but how I go about this version of Menasor, if I go for him at all, is dependent on me seeing how the Motormaster figure works with the new Legacy limbs and CW limbs. So I donno.

Re-releasing Siege Soundwave instead of Netflix Soundwave is some bs. Come on.....

I don't love everything here, but I certainly love enough of it. The stuff that works REALLY works.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Now, I like Elita 1 and have already pre-ordered her, but I saw this pointed out and now I can't un-see it. Potential crossover confirmed?

View attachment 5543
Elita 1 - Penelope Pitstop.jpg

I honestly laughed out loud when I saw the vehicle mode, as the colours are so very, very p*ss-poor. It was interesting that the Hasbro bloke gushed that this was the first "genuine" mold designed for Elita, even though it's a remold of Minerva that's been released first (a premold).

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Ok, I've preordered:
Motormaster
Tarantulas
Blitzwing
And lastly Wildrider of the legacy figures reveals, the rest don't really interst me, much as I like Knockout, I'm just not feeling this figure and feel its a missed chance to actually recreate a more faithful Prime Knockout, while I kind of get what they are going for, it doesn't really click with me, similar with Bulkhead and Acree, Elita One, just looks weird as it they were attempting to blend G1 with Cyberverse, Jhiaxus, I'm not really sold on either, then the character hasn't really been used that much!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If Motormaster is backwards compatible with the CW limbs, and if they do a G2 redeco, I might bite. No use for him otherwise. Tarantulas, Elita-1, and Knockout are must-buys, although I doubt Knockout will be Knockout in my collection. Jhiaxus is a maybe; he certainly looks like the G2 character.

Soundwave is perplexing, it seems odd that they wouldn't try to reissue the Netflix version. Surely they could cast it in Marvel Purple and maintain the exclusivity of the Walmart release?

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
The thing saving this Knockout is that the Prime RiD mould isn't very good. So even if it is failing to capture Prime Knockout it is an objectively better Knockout toy then then the other options.

Top Bottom