Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Boo. My Predacons feel awfully outnumbered.

The cons are always outnumbered when it comes to toys, for example, take a look at the Shattered Glass line, so far, its had only two Decepticons, Megatron & Starscream, while the Autobots have had three, Blurr, Goldbug & Jetfire, plus then there was the selects boxset of Optimus & Ratchet, thou in universe, the cons are techinally stronger than the Autobots, thus it makes up for the short coming, still, I do want some more SG cons, mainly Soundwave & Shockwave

Suspsy

Citizen
I wonder how simplified Dragon Megatron will end up being; there's no way he'll have pop-out wings and a rubberised neck like on the original TM2 toy.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The translucent wings were also quite delicate. One wing piece broke on mine. I ended up getting a KO from Big Lots and swapped out its wings with those of the original. Because the KO's wings were less translucent, they feel stronger than the original's wings.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Easy pass on those deluxes for me, they look very uninspired and obviously Hasbro pretty much wanting to milk the molds for every penny they can!

Shadewing

Citizen
Buzzsaw and Nightprowler are big wants for me. One of my favorite non-show characters plus an obscure lost to time redeco getting it chance; and probably the only one that will.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I don't need another of the cheetah mold, but the others look nice and sufficiently different enough to warrant purchase.
I'll also get a Cybershark just to keep. He's one of my favorite OG Beast Wars molds. Never showed here in Kansas, I had to import mine from Canada.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I love and hate the leak list. Things like todays Fan Fest are ruined by leaks and online photos. But I love when this stuff comes out. I just wish Hasbro would get ahead of it somehow.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's not entirely Hasbro's fault that they're not getting ahead of leaks. But surely they could have revealed reissue Scorponok and Tigatron before they appeared in stores.

The Phazer

Citizen
It's not entirely Hasbro's fault that they're not getting ahead of leaks. But surely they could have revealed reissue Scorponok and Tigatron before they appeared in stores.
Indeed.

They have literally been up for order on Hasbro Pulse UK for two weeks. That's their own store!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
While I’m still not a fan of these “bulk exclusives”…at least I think these will be easier to get. Unlike the prior Netflix waves, there’s nothing I see as “essential” here. There’s not a VW Bumblebee, or show colors Cheetor. In general, the Beast characters aren’t generating as much excitement as the G1 guys (in terms of sales). Arguably, the only character with legit nostalgia value is Buzzsaw. Pulse has really been on top of it with Walmart exclusives, and Walmart themselves seems like they’re doing a ”better” job of distributing this stuff compared to years prior.

As a set, these kind of tickle me. They remind me of the days of repaint filler waves (even though I know two of the characters have part swaps from their prior mold uses), when Hasbro would crank out some quick repaints to pad out a product line.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Getting those BW repaints for sure!

Even got Pulse Premium yesterday, so hopefully that means I can get them from there so I can avoid Wal-Mart completely.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not a fan of the Legacy repaints, but I am glad that they are just the replacement for the netflix exclusive line for Walmart.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, these are all walmart exclusives, so I am happy that they aren't the main wave of Legacy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want Sandstorm a little more every time I look at it.

Buzzsaw needs more paint. It's good but looks unfinished. But Sandstorm is love.

The Phazer

Citizen
Well, these are all walmart exclusives, so I am happy that they aren't the main wave of Legacy.

And I'm happy they're not technically the Netflix line, so Hasbro UK was able to get out of the exclusivity window they accidentally signed for those.

(Hasbro UK allegedly game Smyths Toys exclusivity in Ireland but forgot to limit it to Ireland in the contract, so they ended up with it in the UK as well despite Hasbro UK soliciting the line to other retailers who had all taken pre-orders at that point.)

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do find it interesting how the 'spirit' of Botcon exclusives continues, in the realms of Shattered Glass, store exclusives, various box sets and multipacks, etc. And the cost is far less and requires no travel, a huge help when every step out of the house for the last couple years has been a bit of a stress test. A lot of what's come out lately reminds me of the sort of thing we'd get from the Con sets, except a lot more cost effective.

Top Bottom