Takara Tomy Premium Finish series

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Currently, coming up next are WFC Siege Megs and Bumblebee movie Optimus Prime. Like the richer red on Optimus; the original was a bit waxy (the anniversary one that came out alongside a G1 reissue looked a bit better).
FFBF8JaaUAAcGq7.jpg

FFBF8I4agAIxuCQ.jpg

Echowarrior

Citizen
There were supposed to be twelve releases total for this series, right? Any word on the remaining four?

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don’t have anyversion of BB Movie Prime, so i may pick this up. That Megatron is a nit iffy. I mean, the battle damage looks both extensive and yet not great?

a Premium Stege Magnus is on the way, i think. Other than that. No idea.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The normal Studio Series Movie 1 Megatron was already pretty shiny to begin with, so what's new and different about this one?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The silver is a darker gunmetal, more of the bronzeish accents for contrast. Wish it were the slightly lighter shade from the MPM, but it breaks up the big chunks of silver.

FHC0_wwakAIDlCH.jpg

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am really tempted to get both now. On top of the regular Stege Magnus and the Kingdom one i still haven’t gotten around to yet.

PF Magnus will go nicely with Deadimus Prime, or function as SG Magnus til an actual SG Magnus comes out.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
You can get the exact same result, for free, by giving a 3 year old your Siege Starscream and telling them to go play outside with it for the day.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Trying to match the Netflix shows dirt and cosmetic details as possible with deco work.
It's not that hard to do ourselves. Just thin-down some brown/black/gunmetal paint and wash it over the regular Starscream (or even better yet, paint over the figure in oil paint and then rub off the paint quickly). This will make the figure aged and panel-lined.

Then, use some gunmetal/steel/silver/brown/bronze/teal paint to do some minor dry-brushing or detailed paint "dabbing" along the edges of certain parts of the toy. This will stimulate the figure getting scraped/rusting.

Top Bottom