"Vintage Beast Wars" reissue line

BeastWarsFan95

Toy photographer, webcomic artist, dinogeek
Citizen
I’d be perfectly fine if Hasbro wanted to put G1 in the attic for a decade. Frankly I’m sick of it.

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
I never go to Walmarts because I have none nearby, but events conspired to bring me to one today, and DAMN. Seeing Optimus and Rattrap on the shelf brought me right back to 1996.

I never had nostalgia like that from G1 reissues, since I was too young when those originals were out to be buying toys from stores. When G1 was new, toy stores were barely a concept for me; Transformers were just something that occasionally appeared gift-wrapped in my house.

Nevermore

Citizen
Tigatron out at US retail, found at what appears to be the most well-stocked Walmart store in Texas, if not the entire United States.
01-Beast-Wars-Vintage-Reissue-Tigatron-At-US-Retail.jpeg

Scorponok also found at a Walmart store in Fort Worth, Texas.
01-Beast-Wars-Vintage-Reissue-Scorponok.jpeg02-Beast-Wars-Vintage-Reissue-Scorponok.jpeg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Woot! I need to get that Tigatron reissue! Him and rampage are the last two of the cast that I need to complete my collection.

Suspsy

Citizen
Funny how we’re getting Cybershark, but not Rhinox and Waspinator in the reissue line.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Cybershark is a must get for me! I remember seeing him at Walmart when I was in high school, but passing on him for other deluxes, probably one of the fox kids repaints.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have part of a Cybershark, wouldn't mind having a whole one.

I remember he got the Transmetal 2 treatment, too, which would go on to greater fame as Sky-byte... meaning that not only could all further iterations of Sky-byte have repaint potential as Cybershark, but this Cybershark re-release could theoretically be repainted into an organic Sky-byte, too!

But I digress. Where I was originally going with that was to say that we've had show characters who got Transmetal/2 forms that were in the show and show characters who got Transmetal/2 forms not in the show, but did we get many other non-show characters like Cybershark who also got Transmetal or other new forms?

Last edited:

Top Bottom