The COVID Vaccination Thread

Nevermore

Citizen
So some Czech musician who deliberately sought out a Covid infection from her family so she could circumvent the need to get vaccinated died from her infection and oh my god these stories just. Don't. End.

Nevermore

Citizen
So some Czech musician who deliberately sought out a Covid infection from her family so she could circumvent the need to get vaccinated died from her infection and oh my god these stories just. Don't. End.
Update: Apparently her family was vaccinated and only had mild symptoms. She thought she could skip the prick and just go through the infection since her family members only had mild symptoms... because they were vaccinated.

Her son publicly blames anti-vaxxers for her death.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*uses a time machine to make this side effect go viral 2 years ago*

Yeah pandemic has been over for a year in this new timeline I created. Don't think I'm coming back. Bye ya'll.

Nevermore

Citizen
Meanwhile, the small island state of Kiribati that had been isolated since the beginning of the pandemic allowed the first airplane to enter the country. All passengers were vaccinated, all made three separate Covid tests before taking off. Upon landing, 36 tested positive, and an emplyoee of the quarantine center subsequently also tested positive.

**** this goddamn pandemic.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Great. Now COVID germs can just spontaneously generate, like the stinkbugs in my windows.

Whatever wants humanity extinct has just dispensed with the subtlety at this point.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Meanwhile, the small island state of Kiribati that had been isolated since the beginning of the pandemic allowed the first airplane to enter the country. All passengers were vaccinated, all made three separate Covid tests before taking off. Upon landing, 36 tested positive, and an emplyoee of the quarantine center subsequently also tested positive.

**** this goddamn pandemic.

It just goes to show that regardless of how careful you think you're being, a virus like this can never truly be contained in a globally connected world like ours. A great many of these travel measures and restrictions are mere theatre, and a huge drain of money that could be better spent elsewhere (like shoring up our health care systems and training more nurses, etc.).

Canada takes the cake for waste in many ways. Not only do we require every traveler coming in to have an expensive PCR test (rapid/antigen test isn't enough), which is surely lining somebody's pockets somewhere, we test them all again upon arrival in Canada, on the government's (really, taxpayers) dime!. And only recently has anyone begun to question if this is genuinely a useful way to spend money, or if it's just busy work to make it look like somebody's doing something.

And today we hear that England is just going to roll back ALL COVID measures... mask mandates, vaccine passports, the whole nine yards. The next few months are going to be very interesting.

Last edited:

Kup

Citizen
Not much different that what the US has been doing since…well, mostly June 2020.

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Europe's version of the FDA warns that repeated COVID boosters can actually weaken immune response: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti... warned that,to the European Medicines Agency.

WHO reports no evidence that healthy children & adolescents need boosters: https://www.reuters.com/business/he...dolescents-need-covid-19-boosters-2022-01-18/

The most prestigious medical journal in the world says that the lab leak origin could totally have happened and needs to be investigated, and that at this point we may never know: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02833-6/fulltext - someone should have told the entire mainstream media as they have been busy folding that question into QAnon and moon landing denial this entire time. If the bug did come from a Wuhan wet market, that would be every bit as artificial and preventable as the lab leak hypothesis. Chinese wet markets had been the origin of prior epidemics and there were multiple specific warnings about a SARS-COV bat virus outbreak coming from that precise cause dating back to at least 2007. On the Oldspark thread I think I pasted 4 different peer-reviewed articles specifically warning about it. Let's be very clear: BOTH MECHANISMS OF ORIGIN are the result of deliberate human choices and ignoring multiple warnings.

The longer this goes on, the more crushing and dismaying it is to see that there is really no one in charge, no all-knowing experts who can guide us out. And there is a ceiling on the political utility of blaming anti-vaxxers, when 2/3rds of Americans are already vaccinated and everyone can see the bug goes right through the shot and when health authorities and the media have been so badly inconsistent in their messaging. Like most people, I appreciated Anthony Fauci when he was basically the only sentient adult in the U.S. government. Now that professionals are in charge, I'm ready to stop hearing proclamations from a retiree who went to medical school in 1965.

A civilizational, species-wide fuckup. I don't think there is a single authority figure or agency on the entire planet who you can point to as having handled it well.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
so glad we let a failed game show host get majority control over a justice system that can decide another ten million people deserve to die of treatable disease.
Oh, come, now, The Apprentice was still getting good ratings when he was host.

(I despise Trump and all he stands for, but if we're going to do name-calling, let's not be making stuff up.)

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I don't understand why the origin of the virus is such an obsession for the right. It's a completely separate issue from our response to it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Because they desperately need someone to blame. It's core to their ideology and identity.

Plus, they have literally no idea how to handle it, so they just scream about who started it.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh man, so sorry to hear that Pale Rider. Hope she beats it.

I'm currently mad at my unvaxxed nephew and pregnant girlfriend who both have COVID now because they just had to have a goddamned baby shower. Also her 4 year old has it. So avoidable.

Top Bottom