Paladin

Citizen
Does this count as a Crossover?

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
fJxIYBj.png

ETNpiLM.jpg

The way the Twins are intertwined is kinda perverse, heh. Love how the one is using a guinea pig as a sweat rag.

Weird how a completely unrelated gang just happened to use the same path as the Pyke Train did early that day. I mean I guess it could just be an actual route and all, but the way the scene played out threw me for a loop.

Speaking of the Pykes... the costuming is pretty disappointing, compared to their original look. Which feels like a bit of a recurring problem with the TV shows.

The whole "joining the tribe" ending was amazing.

So I kinda feel like the show is broken, storytelling-wise. It isn't terribly clear why Boba Fett wants to be a crimelord, much less an "honorable" one, so that plot barely inches forwards before being interrupted by the flashback plot, which will probably explain the former... eventually. But even here your left wondering why this famously ruthless bounty hunter is already deciding to help out his captors.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
We know the "Present Day" sections of the show take place 5 years after Return of the Jedi because that's when the Mandolorian was set and they are set up at the end of that shows last season.

There's no reason to believe Boba was in the Sarlac for any long length of time given we see the remains of Jaba's barge and we see him having to borrow oxygen from the Stormtrooper corpse.

The Tusken Flashback stuff could be anything from weeks to months I think. It doesn't feel like enough has happened and enough has changed with him to be talking years yet, but weeks or months sure.

-ZacWilliam, where future flashbacks go might tell us more.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the third ep. I actually liked the explosion of color, gaudy as they were. It was kinda corny but I like it. And omg, really? That's cute. They're pulling all the stops to make Boba Fett so dang likeable. I feel manipulated but I'm fine with it, haha. Shame about the last part tho.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The irony would be DELICIOUS if that little tease with the Rancor came to past. They got a 3.75" Rancor, but the 6"? HAHA! You bitches didn't back it! AHHAHAHA!

Seems like the "Flashback" stuff is wrapping up, for good or ill. But it feels like they got to a good point with them, and I kind of suspected that this series would wind up a big revenge plot against the Pikes (who I guarantee hired the Nikto gang to kill the Tuscan camp Fett was in).
And from a toy fan perspective....dang there are SO MANY THINGS I want as toys from this series! No, it's not a grand reinvention or anything...but it's a damn fun time. Which is more than I can say for the last live action film and a LOT of other shows (especially "prestige" shows) on TV right now.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
I'm a bit of a Star Wars apologist and tend to not care about the little things that most fans argue about. That said, the Speeder chase was some of the worst Star Wars action ever on screen. They should be embarrassed for releasing that 22mph Power Ranger-colored Vespa nonsense.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm a bit of a Star Wars apologist and tend to not care about the little things that most fans argue about. That said, the Speeder chase was some of the worst Star Wars action ever on screen. They should be embarrassed for releasing that 22mph Power Ranger-colored Vespa nonsense.
I kind of get the feeling it got "costed down" to what we got. But it also felt that the crew KNEW they wouldn't be able to give a fantastic chase sequence so they at least had some cheeky fun throwing in every "TV car chase trope" they could think of.

That said, at least Fett is more active this time around. I'm HOPING there is a long game at play here. Something to blow our minds and cement Fett as a Legend instead of just being a hook for another season. Canonically, he is/was the biggest bad asses of the galaxy, but he has been fairly restrained here. Less is more with Fett, but I think we need a little "more" going forward. They got 3 more episodes, so I think there's time to deliver a fine conclusion.

Shadewing

Citizen
So, Rancors are like Star Wars' Pit bulls now? People think they're just for fighting, but Trejo talks about how there's more to them then that.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
They blew the action sequence budget on the train scene last episode. Actually liked the repulsor Vespas, but then again I enjoy ridiculous vehicles in general. It was also a bit of an homage to the mod scene that used similar scooters with similar outlandish modifications in real life.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So, Rancors are like Star Wars' Pit bulls now? People think they're just for fighting, but Trejo talks about how there's more to them then that.
I mean I loved the Legends pull about the witches of Dathomir riding them. And if I can get Danny Trejo training Boba Fett how to ride a a Rancor around Tatooine like a boss I’d be down for that.

But man HasLab really screwed up with that timing and everything even more now.
There’s going to be two Rancor Keepers people want now.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Yeah, this episode overall was a little weak. The low speed chase between a bunch of teenagers on Space Rascals vs. the Mayors assistant (not sure why he ran away instead of just telling Boba that the mayor was out at a meeting, which was true) was definitely underwhelming. Boba's flashback-tribe was killed offscreen. The Hutt Twins leave suddenly without any real confrontation after previously sending multiple assassination attempts.

It's that last one that seems to be the main problem with the show. Boba is currently trying to become the crime lord of Tatooine with a crew of 1 buddy and a robot (and now 4 Mod Squad teens), and he doesn't seem to really even know what the job entails, much less how to do it well. The show could lean heavily into that, showing him slowly build up from nothing through sheer willpower and the skills of him and Fennec. Instead, he keeps just slowly meandering around Mos Espa more or less screwing up his new job while his enemies make half-hearted attempts to kill him before wandering off. The writers aren't showing Boba being the badass he's supposed to be, but they also aren't letting him really fail. Either of those would be interesting, but instead we're kind of treading an odd middle ground.

I wanted to say that the Hutts giving Boba a rancor before leaving was odd, but I've now realized it's a great move on the Twins' part. They bought the rancor, clearing planning on using it once they killed Boba and moved into Jabba's old palace. When it became evident that the Pike Syndicate was moving into town and they decided to cut their losses and move back to Nal Hutta, they had no desire to take the rancor with them. By giving it to Boba, it's now being fed and trained on his dime while he fights the Pikes. If the Hutts decide to take on the weakened winner of the Fett/Pike war, then the rancor will already be at the palace waiting for them later.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes...to eat them.

Ironbite-cause it bonds with the first person it sees.

Eh. If you keep it in the pit just to drop victims to, it doesn't really matter if its bonded to you or not. The Hutts aren't going to be riding it into battle anytime soon.

electricidad

Citizen
. . . I predict the Sand People will have Boba's back big time by the end of the season.

Well. I botched that call.

Like, I wasn't even close.

Boba is sure showing a great deal of compassion in the "present" segments, especially when one considers all the death he's found throughout his life. Or maybe that's the point? I was just surprised he was allowing people to live/resolving problems by talking first/letting people go.

No way do the Hutt twins just leave. They'll be back.

And Danny Trejo! Another alumni of the Breaking Bad cast to make an appearance in the Star Wars universe. I know we're getting the "present day" Boba and Fennec, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing some of the other Black Series figures that come out of this season.

Krrsantan, Danny Trejo's Rancor Trainer, 8D8, a new Tusken Raider, a Gammorean guard and re-release a Boba, and call it a wave.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Love the modern handling of the Tusken tribes. Similar to modern westerns' Native Americans compared to their flat handling in classic cinema.

I wish they were more implicent with how much time is passing in the flashbacks. How long was he in the Sarlaac? How time has passes since was he a prisoner of the Tusken tribe? How long until he was given weapons training? Just one day? More? He seems to have recovered from the Sarlacc relatively quickly, or are we supposed to believe he's still only at 50% here? Thus, the long Bacta sessions in the present?
Well, he was a prisoner long enough for the battle of Endor to take place.

Top Bottom