Shattered Glass Thread

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Just got my SG Goldbug. This is my first experience with the Cliffjumper mold, what's the deal with the part of the gun that folds in half? I can't find any pictures of the folding bit being used in any particular way. I see it can be unfolded all the way to clip under the car in the weird "jetski" mode, but is that the only purpose?

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Love Goldbug and this mold.

Attachments

• 20211025_195242.jpg
    20211025_195242.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 83

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Just got my SG Goldbug. This is my first experience with the Cliffjumper mold, what's the deal with the part of the gun that folds in half? I can't find any pictures of the folding bit being used in any particular way. I see it can be unfolded all the way to clip under the car in the weird "jetski" mode, but is that the only purpose?
It can plug into the back of either of the other parts of the gun or peg into his arm.

After 6 (?!) versions of this figure the weapon has grown tiresome.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Got an email this morning from Hasbro Pulse re: Shattered Glass Starscream:

Sucks because he was a Christmas present for my son.

I guess you could give him a I OWE U or find another figure he might like!

I got Goldbug in a few days ago, haven't read the comic yet as I'm waiting for Starscream to be released as he is issue 3 and I'm not buying the actual IDW comics now, anyway, with my Goldbug, I got the gap filler upgrade for Cliffjumper and it fits with no problems, did that with BB, I skipped on the other repaints, I'm using the SG line to increase my SG figures, this year started with 2 and now its six offical SG figures and one I decided to be my SG BB as I seen that figure used in a stop motion featuring SG characters, so my outstanding orders of offical SG figures are: Starscream & Jetfire, the UK Hasbro pulse says Starscream is due for disptch on New Years day, while Jetfire comes out next month, kind of a weird release shedule compared to the comics that are coming with the figures, thou I expect there are issues with the chain of release!

I do hope, after these five we get some other SG figures released with some retooling or extra parts, they certainly did get creative with SG Megatron alt mode, taking just the Siege figure, repainting him and giving him some new parts to aid the creation of new alt mode while retaining the original, Blurr & Goldbug, I like the new heads, Jetfire looks like just a straight repaint!

Anyway, here is a question what other characters using existing molds would you like to see repainted into a SG colours? Me:
Soundwave with Ravage and Laserbeak, using the Siege Soundwave mold, not the ER one
Ultra Magnus, hopefuly done in his old pre G1 colours
Grimlock (Studio series)
Jazz (studio series)
Ironhide (ER mold go with Ratchet)
Shockwave (siege naturally)
Rodimus (Kingdom)
Hot Rod (Studio series)
Ravage (The pulse Covert Agent mold, I really like that more than Cheator)

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Yeah, we've done picture-of-a-thing-that-hasn't-arrived-yet in a box as a gift before. (I want to say we were going to do the same thing with G2 Earthrise Megatron last Christmas, but he shipped just in time.) February's quite a ways out, though, so we may do that but also give him the choice of cancelling the preorder in exchange for another toy.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
SG Jetfire is pretty cool, but I don't have the original and AFAICT all the discussion about the mold went down with the old board. Is there a way to store his armor and mask in robot mode other than having him wear them?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
SG Jetfire is pretty cool, but I don't have the original and AFAICT all the discussion about the mold went down with the old board. Is there a way to store his armor and mask in robot mode other than having him wear them?
I'm afraid not.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Teeeechnically you can store his armor on his back by combining it with his rifles like in the official var mode config, but no way to just store the armor itself.
I'd actually hit on the idea of doing something similar and just treating the armor as a component of the combined rifle, so I guess that's just the solution I'll have to stick with. (Well, right now I just have him armored up.)

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Did anyone’s copy of Starscream have it’s (perfectly light-pipable) eyes painted over, or was it just mine?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Did anyone’s copy of Starscream have it’s (perfectly light-pipable) eyes painted over, or was it just mine?

Mine got painted over, they done this in the past on other figures where they put in the lightpiping but then waste paint on painting the eyes over, Primus knows why they did that!

Top Bottom