[IC] Nighthaze - The offical unoffical sequel to STOMP

TerraSqueek

Citizen
Moonbeam was not happy about any of this. She pulled herself up to standing again. but standing and breathing was about all she could do. The girl, barely more than a Filly, growled and tried to open her mouth to protest being pushed into the makeshift docwagon. Or going to the church. But even if she wanted to, there was no way she could protest it.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
"I'll ride in back, make sure she has as smooth a ride as possible."

I'm not getting attached. I'm not getting attached. I'm not getting attached.

Danaume

Citizen
Kai blinks as things suddenly move to a relocation, and as they start trying to get Moonbeam hoist, he just uses his horn, hoisting her up with magic, putting a little extra stamina into it if he has to to keep her comfortable as he trots along after them towards the ride. "I got 'er, I got 'er..." he can at least do the heavy lifting... not that Moonbeam is all that heavy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap finds himself saddled with two heavy takeout bags. He'd expected to eat this in one sitting.

Oh well. Having food for the road is nice.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Tipple nodded as Moonbeam's wing lifted off their back. "Thank ye Kai," they said as they followed Moonbeam up.

TerraSqueek

Citizen
"Do all of you have to keep fussing over me?" She asked, grumpy now. "Luna knows I can take care of myself" Though her body twitching all the same. The lights on her torso and the strip of Fiber Optic hair both growing a bit wild as she was hoisted into the back of the makeshift docwagon. She didn't fuss too much as she was put down and they started off. But all the same she disliked the way they were treating her. and especially being the center of attention

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As Moonbeams situation became scarily clear, Scarlet had opened his mouth several times to either interject or offer assistance. However, the others beat him to it, so he simply stayed close and calm. Finally, once they were all in the truck, Scarlet said.

”There is no need to act tough and push yourself beyond your limits. Do that and all that’ll happen is you’ll crash out and leave yourself vulnerable.

You’re in a team now. Rely on us.”

Shadewing

Citizen
Forte nods to Kai. "Keep a good grip on her, this is likely gonna be a bumpy ride. Shinespark isn't known for her careful driving." "You'd rather trust those auto-drivers? Likely to drive you off a cliff or right into the Stars." She states as Forte climbs in, and the bat pony floors it. Shinespark was all about speed in any form, and she drove like a madmare, 'batpony outta Tartarus' might also be apt. Though, she was remarkably good, maybe due to her echolocation abilities, she almost seemed to have a sixth sense. She switches lanes and avoided cars, only barely grazing a few. Though Forte was correct, being in the bed of the truck made it very bumpy and rough. Forte makes a note that the driver needs a more fitting vehicle for future endeavors.

They arrive at one of the landmarks of Buckingham, the Church of Luna. An older structure, maybe one of the oldest in city dating back at least a thousand years, It was huge, an almost imposing. Not the small church many might have expected, being closer to a cathedral with gothic architecture depicting the stars and moon and the glories of the night. Shinespark comes to a skidding stop right at the stairs that lead up to a large pair of wooden doors. Forte darts out of the truck and up the stairs, the doors seeming to open on their own, despite the age of the building. On the other side is a charcoal batpony with an ashen mane that has purple streaks; and purple unicorn mare with a gloriously white mane. "Bliss, Charity; is Gram in?" "Oh of course she is, Sweetie." The unicorn says with a smile. "She's just finishing up the morning sermon, and will join us soon. Now where is one in need of our help?" "In the truck bed, the one decked out in chrome that the others are attending too."

Bliss and Charity makes their way down the stairs. "Oh my. This is worse than I thought Sweetie. We need to get her to the basement and quickly. Any creature that can help us carry her, please do so." Charity says and lays down a stretcher to help them carry the chromed batpony inside.

As the group enters the church, its been amazingly well maintained despite the age and lack of funding. Not quite as glorious as it might have been its heyday, but still something to marvel at. They are in a cross-shaped hall with double doors at each end. About the middle of the hall is a large statue of Luna, which the batpony walks up with and taps a hoof on a series of stones, and the floor in front of the statue drops down to become a staircase; a hidden passage to a hidden basement, that wasn't on any maps of the building. The basement was a stark contrast to the church above, while the church had been preserved to look as old fashioned and true to its original design; the basement had been built upon and expanded, with as much modern amenities as could fit down here... and it looks like not all of them might be legal. Despite this, the church group leads the others to a large open space with about two dozen cots, most of them already occupied with some nurses looking after them, but a free one is open to put Moony on.

"This wasn't how I planned on meeting you lot." An older gruff voice says as it moves into the room a few moments after Moony is placed on the cot and Charity begins her examination. A somewhat tall, older pegasus stood in the entry way to the room, entirely black in coat and mane... though the mane had started to grey over the years. She wore a purple robe with the symbol of the moon on it, though poking out from under it one could see rainbow colored stockings on her legs. Even if they have never met her, a few in the group would know her from others... Rhapsody, former member and field leader of last STOMP team, now the headpreist of the church of Luna.

Forte waves "Ah Gram! I... I hope we're not being a bother..." The normally outgoing pony seeming just a bit shy in older pegasus' presence. Of course, his being related to an old family friend of Hazy's and Scarlet's might be a surprise.

"It's fine. I can't have one of my flock in trouble, now can I? It changes little, they're still gonna need to do the job... its just now its a bit more critical." She states and walks over to look Moony, as Charity gives her a chart. "I believe Alistair told you what you are getting, and that we have low stocks; yes?" She says looking to the others. "We have enough to stabilize her for now, but getting her actually healthy? It's gonna take a lot more to deal with everything... Frankly, I'm surprised she's still alive with how long it seems she's been without Heliodryl. Thank Luna for small miracles."

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy could feel her jaw drop as she saw Rhapsody. She flips through pictures on her phone and stares at one and back up to Rhapsody. "It's actually you! My grandfather talks about you all the time. Static? Static Signal? Wow! This job just got a lot more interesting."

She then looked to Moonbeam. "You'll have that Heliodryl...hopefully without any undo fuss. But if I have to do this totally pro bono...just make sure she's okay."

Danaume

Citizen
Kai is pretty good with his horn, and keeps her steady, helping carry her through the ride and keep her still and afloat, and helps out with moving her around as best he can once in the church as well... though once there he clearly looks... out of sorts, and out of place, shrinking back as soon as he isn't needed, and going quiet as he bites his lower lip.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap put his hood back on before exiting the truck, keeping his face as concealed as possible when moving between the truck and the safety of the church walls. No one would be able to say they saw him enter the church.

That is, if he weren't the only pony in Buckingham dressed like a Crystal Empire Border Guard.

He has not yet lifted his hood.

Shadewing

Citizen
Hazy could feel her jaw drop as she saw Rhapsody. She flips through pictures on her phone and stares at one and back up to Rhapsody. "It's actually you! My grandfather talks about you all the time. Static? Static Signal? Wow! This job just got a lot more interesting."

She then looked to Moonbeam. "You'll have that Heliodryl...hopefully without any undo fuss. But if I have to do this totally pro bono...just make sure she's okay."

Rhapsody nods to Hazy. "Yes. He is a regular at the services here as well. He might be upstairs in the church as we speak. Though he has no idea that this room exists, and I would like to keep it that way. He has more then earned his retirement. Frankly he earned that after he leaped to his doom and missed... but he's always been a stubborn one; and apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; from what I hear."

"The job remains the same, just your reasons for success have changed." She says with a faint smile. "You succeed, you still get paid. I'm not gonna deduct your friend's treatment from the pay. That's not how I operate. Unlike the regular hospitals, I don't charge for the services... so long as I got runners like you willing to keep my costs down."

Kai is pretty good with his horn, and keeps her steady, helping carry her through the ride and keep her still and afloat, and helps out with moving her around as best he can once in the church as well... though once there he clearly looks... out of sorts, and out of place, shrinking back as soon as he isn't needed, and going quiet as he bites his lower lip.

Rhapsody then walks over to Kai, after addressing Hazy's need. "Greetings Kai. Forte has told me much about you, but I had expected you to be a bit more brazen. Is there something the matter? You are always welcomed here, you are practically family as far as I am concerned."

Night Cap put his hood back on before exiting the truck, keeping his face as concealed as possible when moving between the truck and the safety of the church walls. No one would be able to say they saw him enter the church.

That is, if he weren't the only pony in Buckingham dressed like a Crystal Empire Border Guard.

He has not yet lifted his hood.

Rhapsody remains at Kai's side, but she looks over to the hooded pony... Some might think it's more of a glare, but surely the matron of the church holds no ill will to random strangers?

Caldwin

Citizen
"Somehow doesn't surprise me he'd be here," she muttered practically under her breath. "Yeah, stubbornness does seem to be a family trait. Though the way he says it, he had a pro to practice against," she says with a wide grin and glint in her eye.

Something then finally registered in her mind and she turned to Forte. "Wait a minute...she's your grandmother??? That makes us family friends! Next Hearths Warming's going to be a full house."

TerraSqueek

Citizen
There was a look in Moonbeam's eyes as she looked upon the older mare.

It was contempt.

It was barely something one could make out. Not though the pain and haze. The chromed up girl opened and closed her muzzle a few times. her eyes trying like Tartarus to focus. The flecks of copper in the bloodstone-colored irises offset by how bloodshot the whites were now. Likewise the colors of her mane stripe and on her torso had stopped all together. Even then the blue furred bat pony twitched her wings and gripped at the cot while trying to get back on her hooves. Fortunately for everyone else, she was too weak to even do that. Falling out of bed now too much for her. It seemed that the episode in the diner and the subsequent attempts to struggle free of her teammates, weak as those attempts were, had taken what little Moonbeam had left in her.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy might not have noticed, except she was looking for it. With a sad sigh she knelt down and whispered so only Moonbeam could hear.

"I'm sorry, Moony. But I'd rather have you hate me than for you to be dead. And you would be dead if not for this."

She stood and walked over to Rhapsody and whispered to her in hushed tones so Moonbeam wouldn't hear her.

"Ms. Rhapsody, ma'am. There's something you should know. My grandfather always spoke highly of you. He said you two didn't always see eye to eye, but he respects you. So I trust you. I'm afraid Moony doesn't though. She's called this church a bunch of heretics. I think she honestly rather die than be helped by you.

"If what my grandfather says about you is true, I know this won't keep you from helping her. And I thank you for that. Just...be careful with her. Once she's up and about, I don't know what she might try to do to herself...or to you."

Danaume

Citizen
Rhapsody then walks over to Kai, after addressing Hazy's need. "Greetings Kai. Forte has told me much about you, but I had expected you to be a bit more brazen. Is there something the matter? You are always welcomed here, you are practically family as far as I am concerned."

Kai shrugs, "Not my church, not my scene. I don't belong here, and I'm as okay with that as all of you are. I got no ill will, just... she gets a little harder to control in places like this..."

Shadewing

Citizen
Kai shrugs, "Not my church, not my scene. I don't belong here, and I'm as okay with that as all of you are. I got no ill will, just... she gets a little harder to control in places like this..."

"Well if it helps, don't think of this" She says and gestures to the basement area with one of her wings. "As a church. This whole place is sorta my command center. What goes on down here is officially unrelated to the church of Luna; though what we do is the spirit of how she would operate. Also with much of it down here being stone, its largely flameproof; and I have been working on getting other safety measures. I will not have either of you being uncomfortable, if I can help it."

Hazy might not have noticed, except she was looking for it. With a sad sigh she knelt down and whispered so only Moonbeam could hear.

"I'm sorry, Moony. But I'd rather have you hate me than for you to be dead. And you would be dead if not for this."

She stood and walked over to Rhapsody and whispered to her in hushed tones so Moonbeam wouldn't hear her.

"Ms. Rhapsody, ma'am. There's something you should know. My grandfather always spoke highly of you. He said you two didn't always see eye to eye, but he respects you. So I trust you. I'm afraid Moony doesn't though. She's called this church a bunch of heretics. I think she honestly rather die than be helped by you.

"If what my grandfather says about you is true, I know this won't keep you from helping her. And I thank you for that. Just...be careful with her. Once she's up and about, I don't know what she might try to do to herself...or to you."

Rhapsody nods to Hazy, with a slight grin. "I am aware that she is a cultist; Alistair let me know about all of you. And as you say, that won't stop me. my staff down here is very good; but I am still very good at what I do as well. Just because my day job is the headpreist, doesn't mean I've let my other skills slack. I once shattered a boulder with my bare hooves; while I doubt I'm still /that/ strong, I think I can handle a chromed filly like her. I will personally drag her back her and hogtie her to the bed if I have to." Rhapsody may be older, but she doesn't seem to have lost any of her fire.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hazy grinned. "Some day I'd love to compare with you what stories my grandfather tell me are rose tinted nostalgia and what's real. I can tell what he said about you has been spot on so far."

"Thank you."

Top Bottom