Marvel Toy Thread

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
had a god arrive today! i like him a lot. big and hefty and very fitting for the character. all the joints work like they should, i.e. none of them have too much paint on them. had a few have that in my days. but now i have a problem! do we prefer him with the mjolnir he came with?

thor3.jpg

thor4.jpg

hhhmmm...it has the inscription on it which is nice. but it looks kinda puny to me. and i also have this:

thor1.jpg

thor2.jpg

this is from that viking thor figure i mentioned a while back. its definitely bigger, and seems to go with him pretty well. if i go with this one, im gonna have to paint it a darker gray so it looks more like its made of stone

thoughts?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So a bit underwhelming for Legends announcements to me

3.75” scale
2 pack Wolverine and Phoenix
Classic Mr. Fantastic
Classic Falcon and Redwing
Venom

6” scale
Good look at Knull from the Donny Cates Venom Run

Two pack of Endgame Steve and Cap Falcon with an unmasked Sam

Retro Card “West Coast Avengers” Scarlet Witch and White Vision.

Retro VHS boxed X-men TAS Wolverine and Jubilee. Possibly cel shaded. Wolverine comes with picture frame of Jean to pine for.

tease for a Deadly Genesis “Vulcan” the third Summers brother

the first two Legends 20th anniversary figures being classic Cap like we knew and a classic Iron Man.

finally a vague fan vote where it was between three unknown choices. Winner was #Villain which was then revealed to be Despair? I have no idea who that is. Looks like a symbiote infected Moon Knight? D'Spayre I've looked up now is a Demonic Fear Lord presumed to most likely come in a Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness wave. Most likey all three choices are being made and we just got to choose which one we got to see first.

and the last tease I’m guessing only late 90’s X-men fans of the comics might get.
2BFAE36B-8D86-41AC-9D37-01CD12A22D66.jpeg

Eany or Meany. One of Maggot’s Gut slugs.

Just had a thought. Already made the comment of a possible Operation Zero Tolerance era X-men wave on the discord. So Joseph and Cecilia wouldn't be too hard. Joseph is just a basic blue and gold X-suit with a young Magneto head. Cecilia likewise is the female equivalent suit wise, though she could reuse Moiras Lab Coat. Powers wise reuse from previous Magneto effects again for Joseph and the lazy one for Cecilia would be one of the Invisible Woman's shield effects done in translucent yellow-orange.

But with Maggot teased, why not the other breakout star of the OZT storyline and MVC2 roster member. Let me take you for a ride people as I suggest a Marvel Legends Marrow! Unique sculpting for sure on a female body type but it'd be cool to get some of her unique bone weapons!

Also I want X-man Cannonball.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Ah crud it seems the next X-wave has already leaked according to Marvelous News

Now talking with David Nakayama. Vulcan revealed which will be part of the next X-Men wave. The other figures in the wave likely will be Siryn, Havok, Darwin, Wolverine, Sabretooth and Maggott. No word yet on the BAF for the wave.

Not a bad wave really. I need Siryn yet. Vulcan and Darwins are maybes. Maggot will be a must, although I'm hoping for blue skin over normal African. Wolverine and Sabretooth though? Going to depend on what costumes. Havok most likely too but I could use any version of his classic black look.

Pipe dream for a Mutant X wave though.... The Fallen and the Brute would look awesome. And that version of Madelyn Pryor was kinda hot too.

Telly

Citizen
if anyone missed them on pulse, bbts has the 20th cap and iron man up for pre order:

also found an early review of cap:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So Two more reveals today for the Pulse Premium event.

First is a new version of the Comic Iron Spider-Man in the solid Red and Gold. No release date or anything yet. They were teasing box sets or special packs. It's not one that belongs on a retro card is all I know.

And Second was the first villain in the X-men Animated VHS boxed set. A new Cel Shaded Mr. Sinister. Cape is black on the inside and Just has a normal neck compared to the last versions ribbed armoring continuing up to the ball joint. He's up on Pulse and available later at Shop Disney.

AgentOrange

Citizen
So Two more reveals today for the Pulse Premium event.

First is a new version of the Comic Iron Spider-Man in the solid Red and Gold. No release date or anything yet. They were teasing box sets or special packs. It's not one that belongs on a retro card is all I know.

It's pretty transparently the first reveal for the Spider-Man 60th anniversary subline

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Lady (Sif) Loki is up for order on the usual online sources! have at her!

Telly

Citizen
i know this isnt the right thread, but there isnt a dc toy thread yet. and i didnt want to start one just to ask a question. has mcfarlane gotten any better at making toys over the years? theres a lobo from them coming soon, but ive had problems with their toys over the years with joints not working or limbs just falling off. granted the last one i bought was around 20 years ago

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It’s not gonna hurt to start another thread for DC, but no problems for now I guess.

I don’t think they are as bad anymore. But I’ve only ever got Teen Titans Cyborg and Batman Beyond recently.
Though browsing Target today I saw the had an disguised Inque version of Batman Beyond along side Justice Lord Superman and regular DCAU Flash.

Telly

Citizen
if one hasnt been started by the time i get the lobo figure, ill start one up. i plan to do some slight tweaks to it, so thatll be a good start

as for my ghost rider, i actually did a graveyard diorama for him! didnt quite turn out the way i hoped, but i used what was available to me from walmarts craft section (the only "crafts" store near me)

100_0206.JPG

huh. i guess it looks better in pics than real life. the grass is actually forest moss. got a big bag of it and glued some down and laid some more on top of it. the trees are twigs i found outside in the yard, and i stuck them into this thing called flora foam. wasnt going to put them in but it was looking kinda bland. might print out a pic of a graveyard to put behind it

which is what i also used to make the tombstones

100_0211.JPG

from left to right: a broken one, a failry newer one, a distressed one, a more distressed one and a heavily distressed one (dont know how well that shows up). the newer one was supposed to be barbara ketchs stone, but i couldnt figure a way to get her name on that i was happy with. wish i knew what i did with my gundam marker. thatd be great for this

100_0207.JPG

100_0209.JPG

the trees are glued to the board, but everything else can be moved around. so i can do different poses and layouts :)

i also fixed his flame/hair by taking out the red. its better, but the real culprit is how its sculpted i think. but itll be fine

100_0212.JPG

Last edited:

electricidad

Citizen
Damn, the Marvel Legends line delivers. I'd already built a solid X-shelf since the start of the pandemic, and I put together a New Warrior and WCA shelf in the past year.

Since the announcement of the latest Retro wave, I also began snapping up Spider-Man figures. Last night I was shocked to find a Retro Sandman still available for pre-order at Best Buy. Thought that figure had sold out weeks ago.

These things really are plastic crack.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Damn, the Marvel Legends line delivers. I'd already built a solid X-shelf since the start of the pandemic, and I put together a New Warrior and WCA shelf in the past year.

Since the announcement of the latest Retro wave, I also began snapping up Spider-Man figures. Last night I was shocked to find a Retro Sandman still available for pre-order at Best Buy. Thought that figure had sold out weeks ago.

These things really are plastic crack.
I know. Mine started out as a Blue and Gold X-men Team and snowballed into Spider-Man and a few random pick ups since. I’m hoping we can complete the last few Early 90s lineups for X-Factor and X-Force in the near future. And Excalibur now….. it just keeps going!

The Age of Apocalypse waves haven’t helped either.

electricidad

Citizen
0BD5F604-C211-46BB-ACFE-88DF1AD0AE72.jpeg

My two lone Thunderbolts stand amidst my villains.

5C7B1669-9B8A-4690-B77F-749E4ADAD041.jpeg

Gah. I didn’t notice the random line of paint on Reed’s arm. Still, I have at least one complete team.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
When do we get Marvel Boy/Justice though?....

So where have Justice and Firestar been during the whole Mutant Krakoa gathering? I just realized both are mutants that I don't think have ever shown up.

Top Bottom