He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Dake

Citizen
1. I'm supposed to trust anything a trailer from them says at this point. Fool me once...

2. Even if everything in that trailer is true, even if absolutely everything that was wrong before is remedied in this second season...too hugging late.
Everyone else has mostly covered your other comments so I'll not pile on, but I thought this was worth saying something.

This show was designed as a mini-series. It's a long movie in multiple parts. I can understand the frustration that He-man didn't play a huge, active part in his own show but his show is not over yet. That absence is specifically to set him up as being an even bigger hero in the second half. Quitting the show now is like ending the Lord of the Rings films right after the orks breach the wall of Helms Deep and then saying, "That's bullshite! Helms Deep is impregnable and I'm not watching the rest of these movies."

(and before anyone latches on to the completely wrong point in that lousy analogy - I'm not really comparing He-man to LOTR ;) :D )

You say you aren't changing anyone's mind here, and at this point even if the second part of this series is perfect, I doubt it will change yours. But the fact remains that you are damning the whole thing based on having only seen half of it.

Maruten

Citizen
I believe that is correct. Fairly confident that a lot of the complaints would have been taken care of if we had the whole picture right out of the gate.

Of course it won't satisfy everyone, and probably the second half will bring new complaints yet undreamed of, but yeah. The structure of the show is such that it really shot itself in the foot by only giving us what it gave us.

Maruten

Citizen
It's insane. A million different (successful!) toylines, a long string of great comic books, multiple TV shows?! Art books, reference books, documentaries, an RPG on the way. Something for everyone and then some. Suddenly MOTU can hold its own against any classic toy property, and that hasn't been the case since the 80s.

We need a big, serious, Actually Good console game and then we've hit all the major beats we need I think.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
FA5A2703-7191-43D8-BDFB-86938A180CDB.jpeg

So I got these today: Skeletor, He Man and a troop from Metroid Federation Forces.

6CC12C3B-3396-4550-BF4C-EC17AF95A9C7.jpeg

Here are the Origins counterparts. I'm still waiting for Teela and Ram Ma'am...maybe Evil Lyn depending on how she looks.

Maruten

Citizen
With no face on display, Duncan looks terribly generic and hard to read as A Toy I Should Care About. The others look pretty spectacular though. I want these dudes real baaaaad.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The second part is out. I saw the first two eps.

It's still got good action. Still don't like the voices of Teela, Cringer and Skeletor (I just hear Joker). Am ok with the new 'revelation' / twist so will see what happens.

But I wonder if I should bother getting one of the figures now.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
OMG Teela totally kicked everyone’s ass and became She-Man! The franchise is totally ruined!🤯

Sorry but I had to. I’m almost through episode 3 and it’s going about as expected after seeing the preview. I’m eager to finish the rest and see how things end up. Part of me is hoping there could be more, especially seeing Skeletor the third episodes flashback.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Burned through the whole new season this afternoon. It was good. Beautiful animation. Especially the whole final battle. It really felt like they were going for Thundercats opening credits for a bit there and they absolutely hit that. Beautiful stuff. In the end it actually did remind me a lot of the kind of animated movies and TV specials you'd get in the 80s. It had that feel of kids Fantasy taking itself seriously in a good way and looking great doing it.

-ZacWilliam, the ending left things open for some interesting possibilities in a follow up if there is one. I would definitely watch it if it ever happens.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Just watched the first ep of season 2 and it's looking good! I hope they continue this every now and then, perhaps with a She-Ra version next?

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Watched it today. I can't put my finger on it as to why, but it just didn't excite me. It felt like it was drawn out and padded with very little "story" being told. Lot's of neat surprises that I'm glad I wasn't spoiled on.

I'll also agree with Skeletor's voice just not doing it for me. He sounded like a cross between the Joker and the bug eyed Skeletor from the "New Adventures" series.

Top Bottom