The Flash - CW TV series

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Season 8 of The Flash will return to The CW on Tuesday 16 November 2021 and will run for a yet-undisclosed number of episodes. The opening arc will be a crossover event titled "Armageddon", featuring Tony Curran as Despero.

The newest suit for Grant Gustin / Barry Allen, unveiled at DC FanDome:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
That's probably Mia, Oliver's future-daughter who they're probably still hoping to create a spin-off around.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Glad that one went under. By the end I was pretty well done with the Arrow crew. Except Diggle. Still wanting to know what's up with Diggs especially after he guested on every show last season other than Stargirl with no Lantern ring. One show made it sound like he passed on the ring.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Glad that one went under. By the end I was pretty well done with the Arrow crew. Except Diggle. Still wanting to know what's up with Diggs especially after he guested on every show last season other than Stargirl with no Lantern ring. One show made it sound like he passed on the ring.
Stargirl's not part of the Arrowverse, or at least can be best described as a different universe, so Digg wouldn't have shown up there anyway. After Crisis, both Supergirl's Earth and Black Lightning's Earth got folded into the Arrowverse's Earth, but Stargirl's Earth was established as its own universe.

Kup

Citizen
Speaking of which, since we know there are more Earths, yet Team Flash seems utterly convinced they’re the only one, anyone have any predictions on when they might find out the truth?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Speaking of which, since we know there are more Earths, yet Team Flash seems utterly convinced they’re the only one, anyone have any predictions on when they might find out the truth?
Maybe if we ever see Jay again since he was from what was previously called "Earth Three".

He could even potentially be the bridge between the Arrowverse and Stargirl since, when John Wesley Shipp appeared as the Jay Garrick of Stargirl's Earth, he wore the same Flash suit that he wears on this show.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
The fastest man alive is on the run from the law.
I seriously don't know if all this is going to end up helping or hurting the Flash movie.

And, yeah, this isn't about the CW Flash, but he showed up in one episode. Close enough, right?
I have started a thread for the DCEU film.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Forgot to post this about last week's episode:

Welp, looks like we're not getting Green Lantern John Diggle after all.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, that was a LONG plotline that went nowhere. They could have really used a Green Lantern during that Black Lantern Deathstorm arc. We did get some interesting references during Thawne's speech, though. This version of the Green Lantern Corps seems to be more "multiversal" in nature. Almost seems to have more in common with Grant Morrison's "Cosmic Grail" from that Green Lantern run than the regular GLC.

And we ARE getting that HBO Green Lantern series. I'm sure that was part of the reason for this plotline being abandoned. (There's also 2011 movie bombing which made the character radioactive for a LONG time with executives. And the CW maybe not being long for this world.)

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I'm thinking that was a mercy killing for that plotline considering the writing on the wall for the entire Arrowverse should the CW get sold off like expected. As much as it would of been cool for Diggle to be the Arrowverse's John Stewart. It's still interesting that he's popping up around the remaining shows and I would still welcome him showing up more with whats left of the Flash and with however much Superman and Lois may have. I'm not sure if S&L has been greenlighted for another season or not, but with one more season of Flash I'd love to see it showcase the best of the Arrowverse and Diggle was certainly part of it.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
John Diggle as Green Lantern would have been interesting, but there is no way in hell The CW could field the CG budget to do that premise justice.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, I can't really argue with it being time to wrap things up. I wish the Arrowverse was getting a bigger sendoff than we're likely to get, but what can you do? The CW's probably getting sold in the next few years, there's probably not going to be a CW to host the show anymore.

The Flash was the show that got me into the Arrowverse (Curses!). I initially skipped out on Arrow after Smallville was...underwhelming. And the Flash was a lot of fun for a time. We had fun characters, like Cisco/Vibe, some neat references to the comics, and some memorable moments. After Crisis, I feel like they lost sight of where they wanted to go with the show, but I'll be finishing it out. Speed Force Lightsabers and all.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
After Crisis, I feel like they lost sight of where they wanted to go with the show, but I'll be finishing it out. Speed Force Lightsabers and all.

During the season finale battle with Godspeed (the last season I've seen), all I could hear was Dark Helmet "...and I see your Schwartz is almost as big as mine..."

Top Bottom