Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
I don't know if there is enough motivation to maintain multiple ongoing Star Trek threads, so I will simply post this here. Happy 55 years to Star Trek!

a9nqlIF.jpg

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Seeing the big inspirational picture with all those characters, and the OG Enterprise, followed by a quote about the Force has my head spinning just a little bit...

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
The first four original Star Trek films were also released on 4K Blu-Ray this week for anyone interested, and the included blu-rays are also completely redone from the new 4K scans and significantly improved. This is the first time I've owned any Trek film since the DVD era, as the image quality on the original blu-ray releases was just so terrible. Right now they're having trouble meeting supply, so this set is obviously selling well. Hopefully that means we get the rest of the pre-Kelvin films sooner rather than later.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Only the USS Discovery and the original pre-refit NCC 1701 get any props... Those aren't even the best looking hero ships in the franchise... Also where's the love for Star Trek the Animated Series. They have Lower Decks and Prodigy....(I'll forgive the lack of Kelvin timeline stuff for now)

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
This the catch-all Star Trek thread? Guess I'll drop this here, but feel free to break it off to a separate thread if needed. :)

MrBlud

Citizen
The first four original Star Trek films were also released on 4K Blu-Ray this week for anyone interested, and the included blu-rays are also completely redone from the new 4K scans and significantly improved. This is the first time I've owned any Trek film since the DVD era, as the image quality on the original blu-ray releases was just so terrible. Right now they're having trouble meeting supply, so this set is obviously selling well. Hopefully that means we get the rest of the pre-Kelvin films sooner rather than later.

All 10 original Star Trek films are available on iTunes right now for $35

The first four are already in 4K and the other ones will be updated when they’re released as Apple does free 4K upgrades for digital movies purchased from them.

Not a bad price to future proof. Of note, that likely WILL NOT include the upcoming 4K Director’s Cut of “The Motion Picture” as that’s apt to be a separate purchase but still an amazing value.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
All 10 original Star Trek films are available on iTunes right now for $35

The first four are already in 4K and the other ones will be updated when they’re released as Apple does free 4K upgrades for digital movies purchased from them.

Not a bad price to future proof. Of note, that likely WILL NOT include the upcoming 4K Director’s Cut of “The Motion Picture” as that’s apt to be a separate purchase but still an amazing value.

Not bad, but personally I'll always choose physical media over streaming. Better bitrates, lossless audio.

The 4K remaster of ST:TMP Director's Cut is going to have an exclusivity period where it'll only be available on CBS All-Access. After that it'll head to disc & other streaming services.

Glitch

Citizen
She turned his son around and saved the continuum, Picard didn't. Plus Picards soul is gone, this is an android. AN ANDROID PEOPLE!!!

LiamA

Citizen
This the catch-all Star Trek thread? Guess I'll drop this here, but feel free to break it off to a separate thread if needed. :)

When told what this season is about Patrick Stewart was probably disappointed that Hugh Jackman wouldn't be in it as Wolverine.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
On Picard:
Hoping the whole season (or 90% of it, anyway) isn't set on present-day-ish earth. I don't mind the occasional jaunt into the past, but if every episode is set there, it's not really Star Trek anymore.

On Strange New Worlds:
Remaining very interested in this show. Glad to see an Andorian crew member. It always seemed like there were too few Andorians and Tellerites roaming around the early Federation, what with them being founding members as well as the Humans and Vulcans.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Plus Picards soul is gone, this is an android. AN ANDROID PEOPLE!!!
Data turned on his emotion chip so that this statement could make him sad.

Prodigy coming October 28th apparently. Disco season 4 coming November 18. Hopefully that means that as a kids' show Prodigy is getting a faster release schedule and not that its first season is only three episodes long.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I'm wary about Picard's whole "modern day" plot this coming season too. One thing that could really sell it though would be if they went full "Voyage Home" on it and played up the "fish out of water" aspect, like the driving bit in the trailer. I don't know if it would work for a full season but if they are only there for a few episodes it could work I think.

Top Bottom