Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Sunsm8a.jpg

"Who are you?"
"I'm you. In AMERICA!"

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Sadly, despite being clearly intended to produce a ton of toyetic designs, G Gundam has very few decent model kits. Last time they did a wave of High Grade kits, they only made the Shining, God, Master, and Nobel Gundams, and a Death Army grunt (and a Death Beast, but only as a P-Bandai exclusive). The old non-grade kits weren't even good by the standards of their own time, the Master Grades are okay but feel very dated now, and the High Resolution God Gundam is really expensive and prone to brittle plastic on some of the armor.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i know i had a couple when they were out in the states when G Gundam was on toonami. youd think with all the times shining/burning gundam has showed up in build fighters wed get new kits.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
The upcoming Blazing Gundam kit is pretty clearly G Gundam inspired.

Kinda surprised they didn't at least do a Rising Gundam, though. Between being just a few parts away from the already-existing Shining Gundam, and being piloted by the main female character of the series, you'd think it'd be an easy pick.

My pipe dream is a new High Grade Devil Gundam. They've done more oddball oversized mechs lately, so it's not completely impossible, but G Gundam's not that popular in Japan, so it's probably not happening.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
My Sunsun canister filter for my bedroom aquarium got noisy and started dripping water so I replaced it with a different branded one. Kinda pricy but this one's so quiet that if the output didn't make visible water disturbance, I wouldn't even know it's on. Water's clearer too.

The pet store got in some axolotls while I was there. Mildly interested but those are gonna be a bitch to keep in our climate.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Welp, come tomorrow it will no longer be October. I'm going to need a new avatar. Opinions?

098B9C56-649A-4C64-85C4-0E8B701CCEC0.jpeg

6FF8817F-D61B-4A50-8D48-C24A31354A29.jpeg

307F7D20-07C8-4205-9A32-19E80C7300A3.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
Once you find one...well...best to just nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be...somewhat...kinda assured...to a degree.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
Eh, it's Florida, apparently it's different there. I know that's how it was in Kansas, roaches were exactly like xenomorphs, but apparently they're a fact of life down there.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Florida is bug territory. We're used to it.

If we had xenomorphs down here we might switch to keeping our hurricane shutters closed all year but I don't think we would do anything else different.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don't know what's worse: that Disney thought that somebody named Cruella Deville could be redeemed by a sympathetic origin sob story or that said origin involves her mom literally being yeeted off a cliff by Dalmatians.

Caldwin

Citizen
I decided which of the above pictures I want for my Avatar. Carmilla is probably my favorite vampire character. But now that October's over, it was time for a new Avatar.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
I don't know what's worse: that Disney thought that somebody named Cruella Deville could be redeemed by a sympathetic origin sob story or that said origin involves her mom literally being yeeted off a cliff by Dalmatians.
What makes it bizarre though is that she isn't the character from the original movie and doesn't develop any weird hatred toward dogs. Like, people made a lot of hay out of that scene when it was just in trailers before the movie was released, but it's a red herring within the Cruella movie itself, and they even make a feint in the movie that she's killed those same dalmatians, except that nope, she bonded with them and would never hurt a dog don't be silly.

Then there's the after-credits scene for maximal weird, which seems to hamfistedly attempt to set up circumstances for the original movie while still not making Cruella the character she'd need to be for it, and also introducing puppy incest.

I hope it's successfully killed prequels and made them as fundamentally silly to everyone as they've always been to the rest of us. Because it certainly indulges in every prequel trope there is out there in the world. But it also doesn't work as a prequel at all, and I don't think it was trying very hard.

Top Bottom